Thread: Samsung Freeform (SCH-R350) won't do Mass Storage mode!!

Feedback Score

Samsung Freeform (SCH-R350) won't do Mass Storage mode!!

Hi,

I recently got a MetroPCS Samsung Freeform. The power cable also functions as a USB cable, which I've used before to successfully transfer pictures TO my Mac laptop and ringtones FROM my laptop.

The problem is, now I can't get the phone to go into Mass Storage mode. I go to Phone Settings->PC Connection and set it to "Mass Storage", but it never actually stays set as that. I go back and it defaults to "No conncetion".

Does anyone have any help? How can I get my phone to go back into Mass Storage Mode? I got it to work before! Thanks in advance!

PS, before anyone asks, Bluetooth is off, and I have a Mac so I can't install the drivers from the CD that came with it. I have a feeling this might have something to do with the Service Menu. (when you go to Settings then press # then type in the code). I might have accidentally changed a setting when I was messing around in the service menu

Feedback Score
    I just had the same thing happen to mine and I couldn't figure it out until you said your bluetooth was off and then I realized that is the only thing I changed today. Enable your bluetooth and then you will be able to set it to USB mass storage again. It worked for me. Thanks for your help without even knowing you were helping...lol

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

OH MY GOD thanks! That makes no sense, but it worked! Awesome!!

Phone
    Samsung Freeform r351
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Did the mass storage just randomly stop working, or is there something I should avoid doing so I don't get in the same predicament?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon19 View Post
    Did the mass storage just randomly stop working, or is there something I should avoid doing so I don't get in the same predicament?
    As long as Bluetooth is on, mass storage will be on; thus, if you turn bluetooth off you'll have to turn it on again before mass storage will work. I suspect the USB port and the bluetooth radio are both activated by the same line of code, for some odd reason.

Feedback Score
    this randomly happened to me twice. it wasn't the bluetooth though. I had to reset the phone to factory settings to get it back.

Feedback Score
    I did everything but smash the phone against the floor today, that little flaw made me spend 3 hours in a job that should have taken me 30 minutes (I use my phone as a flash drive to install drivers in customer's netbooks since they have no cd). Thanks for the help, iwas about to go back to the metrostore and make the salesman eat a freeform.

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    new member...just signed up tonite...random browsing...found this...it has SO fixed my problem!!!!!
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Feedback Score
    Hi, yeah, I have an Asus Eee Netbook, which has no CD drive because it's a netbook, and I'm trying to use my Samsung Freeform in this same fashion, basically to upload pictures, and I tried the bluetooth trick, I even switched it off and on a few times. It's not working. Any suggestions/anyone with the same setup?

Feedback Score
    i got the same problem, i turned on bluetooth and still no luck, what is wrong with this phone.....help!

Feedback Score
    thanks again guys. friggin lame reason why you cant use the USB storage with bluetooth off but whatever...