Thread: Help Downgrading BB 8330 OS

Feedback Score

Help Downgrading BB 8330 OS

Hello All,

I have a Verizon BB 8330 and my OS is running 4.5.0.175. I am trying to downgrade my OS to an earlier version, maybe to 4.3. I've read several instructions and it seems simple except I cannot find the current OS to delete in the add/remove programs area. I can only see listed: "Blackberry Desktop Software 5.0.1" and "BlackBerry Device Software Updater." I am also having a tough time finding an earlier version of the OS to download. Can someone please shed some light on this problem? Is the current OS hidden somewhere else? Can someone point me to where I can find an earlier OS to download? Thanks in advance.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Your post is confusing.

If you cannot find the current OS in the "Add/Remove Programs", then it is not installed on your computer. Is there a reason that you think it should be there? Did you previously install that OS to your computer? How did version 4.5.0.175 get on the device?

And you are going to have to search high and low to find that old of an OS version to download. It's probably out there somewhere, put it's not going to be easy to find.

Is there a reason that you want to downgrade your device OS to such an old version? Maybe there are other alternatives/solutions.

Feedback Score
    Hello,

I have several old BB 8330 that are not activated. One day I got the itch to start fooling around with them. They all have 4.5.0.175 already installed. Last week I downloaded and installed the blackberry desktop manager. I read elsewhere that for me to effectivley start exerimenting I must downgrade the OS to an earlier version. I read that in the add/remove area that there is the current OS that I would need to delete. I must have it since I mistakenly upgraded one of the blackberry operating systems. It is not there, I can only see the two programs listed in my earlier post. Could the OS be integrated in the download from blackberry? I actually found a 4.3 OS, but I must remove the 4.5 OS already installed.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are totally not understanding the instructions. The instructions state that you must remove the previous OS versions on the computer in order to facilitate loading the new one. The presence of the old one on the computer will (sometimes) interfere with the installation of the new OS version.

BUT IF IT IS NOT ON THE COMPUTER, then IT'S ALREADY GONE. (Or was never there to begin with.) Move on to the next step.

Downgrading to 4.3 is not a good idea, however. But if that's really what you want to do, then go ahead.

Be aware however, that many people have reported in the past several months, that they were not able to install the device OS on devices that were not activated.