Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rumor Touch have push email? yes/no?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rumor Touch have push email? yes/no?

    I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    357
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't think so, It does have a option in the email app to let it run in the background and check your mail. Some have reported it can be buggy and crash. I don't like using the email app, I just use gmail's mobile site when I want to check email. Hopefully they add the gmail app in the future.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    642
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't use the app to check my gmail either, I rather use the mobile website of gmail, I think its better and yes, I hope gmail app can be downloaded in the future

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texarkana, AR
    Posts
    1,019
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    For my gmail, it works fine and instantly tells me when i get a new email. I may be the exception...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lewminous View Post
    For my gmail, it works fine and instantly tells me when i get a new email. I may be the exception...
    Wow, would you mind sharing how you got that to work? Are you using the "email+im" program? Mine is setup through that interface, but it only syncs via imap when I click the "sync" button. Otherwise nothing. Same with google talk.
    I am using email+im version 1.00.12

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texarkana, AR
    Posts
    1,019
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    In the Email + IM app, click on your Gmail account folder, then click the middle arrow between sync & back. Now scroll down & choose account settings. You then need to scroll down to New Email alerts & check it. Be sure to hit save after you've made the changes. I tested it with Virgin Mobile LUV the first day I had my Rumor Touch. I won 25% off a mobile download. They asked for my email address to send the link to redeem it. I put in my info & within literally 2 secs my phone lit up & Email + IM loaded up. It brought up my Gmail account & then my inbox folder & said checking for new emails...I call that push email, lol. I have the same version as you phyzzazz.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phones
    LG Rumor
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you lewminous for your post. My G-mail & G-talk for unknown reasons just simply stopped working in my new LG Rumor Touch. I contacted VM who told me to pull out and re-insert battery. I beginning to think that's a programmed reply to any malfunction. LOL.. Well, I tried your solution just to see if maybe it too would solve my problem of my G-mail and G-Talk not working. Wahhhlahhhh, Success!! Thanks again and please post any other suggestions you have!!



    Quote Originally Posted by lewminous View Post
    In the Email + IM app, click on your Gmail account folder, then click the middle arrow between sync & back. Now scroll down & choose account settings. You then need to scroll down to New Email alerts & check it. Be sure to hit save after you've made the changes. I tested it with Virgin Mobile LUV the first day I had my Rumor Touch. I won 25% off a mobile download. They asked for my email address to send the link to redeem it. I put in my info & within literally 2 secs my phone lit up & Email + IM loaded up. It brought up my Gmail account & then my inbox folder & said checking for new emails...I call that push email, lol. I have the same version as you phyzzazz.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phones
    LG Rumor Touch
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    My LG RT seems to have push email. It's pretty annoying though, every time I get an email the app just opens itself up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Coast of Ohio
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Moto Triumph
    Carrier
    VMUSA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickNicholas View Post
    My LG RT seems to have push email. It's pretty annoying though, every time I get an email the app just opens itself up.
    That's how mine is, though with no consistency. Observations:

    1 If Email+IM client is open and in foreground I get no notification, though new email is in gmail inbox
    2 If Email+IM client is open and in foreground and I don't touch it for 10 mins it asks if I want to close it
    3 If Email+IM client is open and in background for X number of minutes it appears to close itself (no +1 indicator at top of screen)
    4 Email+IM client that appeared to close itself (see 3) will notify me of new messages...occasionally.

    Has anybody contacted mFluent? I feel like sending them an email to explain the situation as best as I can and ask how it's supposed to run, all the details. There's no info forthcoming from VM, I don't think they know any more than we do about the app.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    I posted a question and the answer i got solved my issue, the email im app now runs in the background and notifies me right away when new Gmail / yahoo email and IMs come in. Until i read the tip from Geographer, i couldn't get it working either, it's not intuitive at all. Here's the thread

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-notifications

Similar Threads

  1. Rumor Touch - Email IM App + Predictive Text
    By randomperson123 in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
  2. LG Rumor 2 vs. LG Rumor Touch, Virgin Mobile
    By disco.sleeze in forum LG
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
  3. Rumor touch vs Rumor 2 - signal wise
    By gjkiii in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
  5. Rumor Touch Email Problems
    By snowspeeder1 in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks