Thread: Rumor Touch have push email? yes/no?

Feedback Score

Rumor Touch have push email? yes/no?

I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so, It does have a option in the email app to let it run in the background and check your mail. Some have reported it can be buggy and crash. I don't like using the email app, I just use gmail's mobile site when I want to check email. Hopefully they add the gmail app in the future.

Feedback Score
    I don't use the app to check my gmail either, I rather use the mobile website of gmail, I think its better and yes, I hope gmail app can be downloaded in the future

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    For my gmail, it works fine and instantly tells me when i get a new email. I may be the exception...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewminous View Post
    For my gmail, it works fine and instantly tells me when i get a new email. I may be the exception...
    Wow, would you mind sharing how you got that to work? Are you using the "email+im" program? Mine is setup through that interface, but it only syncs via imap when I click the "sync" button. Otherwise nothing. Same with google talk.
    I am using email+im version 1.00.12

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    In the Email + IM app, click on your Gmail account folder, then click the middle arrow between sync & back. Now scroll down & choose account settings. You then need to scroll down to New Email alerts & check it. Be sure to hit save after you've made the changes. I tested it with Virgin Mobile LUV the first day I had my Rumor Touch. I won 25% off a mobile download. They asked for my email address to send the link to redeem it. I put in my info & within literally 2 secs my phone lit up & Email + IM loaded up. It brought up my Gmail account & then my inbox folder & said checking for new emails...I call that push email, lol. I have the same version as you phyzzazz.

Phones
    LG Rumor
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you lewminous for your post. My G-mail & G-talk for unknown reasons just simply stopped working in my new LG Rumor Touch. I contacted VM who told me to pull out and re-insert battery. I beginning to think that's a programmed reply to any malfunction. LOL.. Well, I tried your solution just to see if maybe it too would solve my problem of my G-mail and G-Talk not working. Wahhhlahhhh, Success!! Thanks again and please post any other suggestions you have!!

Quote Originally Posted by lewminous View Post
    In the Email + IM app, click on your Gmail account folder, then click the middle arrow between sync & back. Now scroll down & choose account settings. You then need to scroll down to New Email alerts & check it. Be sure to hit save after you've made the changes. I tested it with Virgin Mobile LUV the first day I had my Rumor Touch. I won 25% off a mobile download. They asked for my email address to send the link to redeem it. I put in my info & within literally 2 secs my phone lit up & Email + IM loaded up. It brought up my Gmail account & then my inbox folder & said checking for new emails...I call that push email, lol. I have the same version as you phyzzazz.

Phones
    LG Rumor Touch
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My LG RT seems to have push email. It's pretty annoying though, every time I get an email the app just opens itself up.

Phone
    Moto Triumph
    Carrier
    VMUSA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickNicholas View Post
    My LG RT seems to have push email. It's pretty annoying though, every time I get an email the app just opens itself up.
    That's how mine is, though with no consistency. Observations:

1 If Email+IM client is open and in foreground I get no notification, though new email is in gmail inbox
    2 If Email+IM client is open and in foreground and I don't touch it for 10 mins it asks if I want to close it
    3 If Email+IM client is open and in background for X number of minutes it appears to close itself (no +1 indicator at top of screen)
    4 Email+IM client that appeared to close itself (see 3) will notify me of new messages...occasionally.

Has anybody contacted mFluent? I feel like sending them an email to explain the situation as best as I can and ask how it's supposed to run, all the details. There's no info forthcoming from VM, I don't think they know any more than we do about the app.

Feedback Score
    I posted a question and the answer i got solved my issue, the email im app now runs in the background and notifies me right away when new Gmail / yahoo email and IMs come in. Until i read the tip from Geographer, i couldn't get it working either, it's not intuitive at all. Here's the thread

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-notifications