Thread: what happen to 4G in PA?!?!?!?!

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

what happen to 4G in PA?!?!?!?!

so sprint said that it launch 4G in Pittsburgh, PA like a few months ago..well i went to go look at the coverage map and there is no 4G any where??? i was looking to get 4G to use as my Internet for my desktop and laptop...anybody have any clue whats going on?

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    no they didnt. you are mistaken.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    it was on phonescoop.com and after i read that i went onto the sprint website to chat with a online rep....the rep told me that there was 4G but it wouldnt reach me cuz the tower only went like 10 miles, then the rep said that they will increasing the coverage later on...when i went to look on the sprint site i see no towers and no future towers..maybe they shut down the tower? idk

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    that is also incorrect. there is no (announced) 4g coverage in Pittsburgh. there is, however, 4g in the eastern part of the state. check the maps at clear.com

Feedback Score
    Yea Sprint stated they would launch 4g in pittsburgh, pa by the end of the year. What I find more upsetting is that clear updated their coverage maps. they list places that will be covered in the next three months and pittsburgh, pa isnt on the list at all.

http://www.clear.com/coverage

S/N I work for Comcast in Pittsburgh and I haven't heard any talk about a launch anytime soon. I know were providing the back haul for clear/sprint and a little bird mentioned end of the summer. But i think this is very unlikely at this point.

Phones
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Mogul
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ztcch View Post
    Yea Sprint stated they would launch 4g in pittsburgh, pa by the end of the year. What I find more upsetting is that clear updated their coverage maps. they list places that will be covered in the next three months and pittsburgh, pa isnt on the list at all.

http://www.clear.com/coverage
    Why is that upsetting? There are more than three months until the end of the year.
    Thrill me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Why is that upsetting? There are more than three months until the end of the year.
    I'm the want it now type of person and have a hard time waiting for things. Which is the very reason why I paid full retail for the evo. I had my heart set on 4g by the end of the summer, but from the looks of it maybe not. I know Comcast is going to be pushing high speed 2 go pretty heavily when 4g launches. So i'm hoping when the training pops up in will be soon after.

Feedback Score
    just got some good info suppose to launch early September in pittsburgh

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    no, they did start 4G in Pittsburgh..i read it word for word and i talked to 2-3 diff reps about it..they all told me i was 10 miles to far for the tower to reach me...im not crazy, well i am (j/k) but im thinking that maybe they turn on the tower too soon/they had to turn it off for some reason..well idk what the F happen but i do know for a fact that the tower WAS there and none its gone/not showing up on the map....how fast is 4G isnt it like 6-7Mbps?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    how fast is 4G isnt it like 6-7Mbps?
    This is what I get in Rochester

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    no, they did start 4G in Pittsburgh..i read it word for word and i talked to 2-3 diff reps about it..they all told me i was 10 miles to far for the tower to reach me...im not crazy, well i am (j/k) but im thinking that maybe they turn on the tower too soon/they had to turn it off for some reason..well idk what the F happen but i do know for a fact that the tower WAS there and none its gone/not showing up on the map....how fast is 4G isnt it like 6-7Mbps?
    What part of pittsburgh are you in and how long ago did you see 4g? It should be soon they had a really big meeting today about it.

Feedback Score
    Well since this related to PA... is their a Clearwire person on here that can advise the status of Harrisburg, PA. I know they are building out the network around Harrisburg, but my question is this. How long until it reaches Chambersburg, Shippensburg, etc areas?

Feedback Score
    so today I was at the bank in Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh, Pa and noticed I had 4g. It seems like it is on, but very spotty I was able to get it in Shadyside, Edgewood, and Swissvale, but only one bar.

Phones
    Tour
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My friend in the Burgh was telling me he had 4G in Mt Leb but it was spotty...So they're definitely preparing to light up the Burgh..same thing in NYC 4G is on in certain areas but spotty....

Feedback Score
    yea at first I thought a radio shack at a wimax extender, but then i drove past another radioshack and it didnt make a difference. kinda pissed me off seems like its not turned on everywhere. It was real strong in wilkinsburgh, pa then died off in point breeze. I really hope the signal gets stronger soon, because one bar isn't going to cutting it for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast