Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the full manual for LG 420g

Feedback Score

Looking for the full manual for LG 420g

The LG 420g I bought comes with a quick start guide. Is there a document with more details for the phone?
    Couple of things I need the manual for:
    1) Shortcuts (menu-> 9 -> 2 -> 2). After one or more shortcuts are set, how does one invoke them?
    2) Can I re-program the message key (the one above the camera key) to something else?
    Thanks.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is probably what you already have: http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Engli...sets/14382.pdf
    Hope someone else has something better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    This is probably what you already have: http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Engli...sets/14382.pdf
    Hope someone else has something better.
    Thanks but this is what comes with the phone.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Try the LG website at www.lg.com. They had the manual to my five year old air conditioner recently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127 View Post
    Try the LG website at www.lg.com. They had the manual to my five year old air conditioner recently.

They don't have any info about the 420g.

Phones
    LG
    LG
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    They don't even list the 420. The 410 is there tho. Maybe we have to wait for 5 years. I can't find a way to invoke the shortcuts key nor can I find a way to change any of the keys.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I would go ahead and download the manual for the 410. Tracfone is notorious for getting their own model numbers so they can claim "exclusive model" (and with the changes Trac requires, it may be easier for the company to make them a phone based off of another but with the required Tracfone features such as time tracking). There isn't usually much difference between the Trac model and whatever it was based upon other than time tracking and strangled internet abilities.

Feedback Score
    I didn't see any reference of 410 at lg.com but the manual for 410g ( http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Both/...sets/12651.pdf ) can be obtained from TF's website. The 410g's menu structure is very similar to 420g but it doesn't have shortcuts. It seems the firmware for 420g is a work in progress.

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday I went to the LG website in search of manuals for the 100-220 and/or 290c. I was told that I could get them on the tracfone website...when I told them no, I couldn't, (this was the 'instant chat' feature they have on their website), she told me she'd be happy to send them to my email address. I'm still waiting for them, but am sure nothing will come of it, mostly because Tracfone never contracted LG to create full user manuals for their most recent crop of TF models. I was just being blown off....again.

Phone
    LG VS410
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Go to http://activatelg.com/ and click the link LG420 Quick Start Guide. It appears to be an actual LG guide for this model.

Found via a Google search.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    Go to http://activatelg.com/ and click the link LG420 Quick Start Guide. It appears to be an actual LG guide for this model.

Found via a Google search.
    This is the same one as Tracfancier posted on 7/14.

Phone
    LG VS410
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I saw a similar URL at TracFone which pointed to the TracFone guide that is included with the phone.

Feedback Score

there is not a full service manual for the LG 420 g

I also just bought the LG420G trackfone. There is NO full users manual. I spent hours on the phone with tracfone and they told me they have the manual but something must be wrong with my computer--there is not. Then after reading the previous posts, I also asked them to email me the manual, she did email me but I still could not download the manual, there was no proper link to open. They also talked me through their web site but the manual they have is only a couple pages long, it should be like 95 pages long like their other manuals. (Go to tracfone, go to phones, pick yours, then click manual) If you pick a phone OTHER than the LG420G, you will get a full manual). So I called LG.com, the people who made the phone. They said the LG420G is an international phone, that it should not be sold in the United States, which is why there is not a full service manual, they also said tracfone should know what they are selling, and they do not. I emailed tracfone and said I wanted a full refund, along with extra minutes for all the frustration, I have been a long time tracfone user, and other than having bad service support (takes forever), they have been fine. This was really disappointing. I will post their reply if I get one.

Carrier
    Most? How many providers do I need?
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you're getting the full/correct story from either Tracfone or LG. If it's an international phone, that's no reason for there not to be a manual and it may be found at some point on a site located somewhere in the world.

One thing that gives hope is if Tracfone is selling thousand's of these through HSN, there's going to be lots of people asking for manuals which may prompt them to get their act together.

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Er....HELLO. Okay, I'm gonna try this one more time, then just go back to lurking. My above post tells you that LG WAS NOT contracted to put out full manuals with the Tracfone models 100c;220c OR 290c. We can only assume this was a cost cutting move on Trac's part. Live with it like we must, or go buy a 300 dollar phone with a full manual.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast