Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the full manual for LG 420g

Feedback Score

Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for all your help. The information was a lot more than I had hoped for and I am sure it will help others out there who may be as technically challenged as I am. I'll look into getting the dongle thingie this coming weekend.

Feedback Score

LG 420g Manual

I am researching the phone for purchase. After reading your thread, I poked around and ended up here https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'BEJLG420G'

This FCC site gives an 18 page PDF doc that does show "LG 240g" as the model number. I don't have one so I can't swear it's the right one. It lists a video option and a micro SD option. I'd be curious to see if your phones have either of those things on them.

Hope it helps...sorry if it just wastes your time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rs12345 View Post
    I am researching the phone for purchase. After reading your thread, I poked around and ended up here https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'BEJLG420G'

This FCC site gives an 18 page PDF doc that does show "LG 240g" as the model number. I don't have one so I can't swear it's the right one. It lists a video option and a micro SD option. I'd be curious to see if your phones have either of those things on them.

Hope it helps...sorry if it just wastes your time.
    Interesting find. From the photos, it is the phone TF sells but the firmware is not the same. For example, the user guide talks about customize the 4 navigation keys but we don't have that option with the 420g from TF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001 View Post
    I didn't see any reference of 410 at lg.com but the manual for 410g ( http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Both/...sets/12651.pdf ) can be obtained from TF's website. The 410g's menu structure is very similar to 420g but it doesn't have shortcuts. It seems the firmware for 420g is a work in progress.
    for me at least - this is better than nothing.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Excellent find. Thank you.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    While not a print manual, this interactive site from straighttalk answers a lot of 420G questions:

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...ropagation=end

Feedback Score
    Found this (from LG), which claims to provide a user manual. It also claims that you have to install some software to download the manual or get the USB driver.

I've already got enough junk on this computer, but if anyone wants to install LG's application, I'd sure love to hear if it does as it claims.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...roduct-profile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey5000 View Post
    Found this (from LG), which claims to provide a user manual. It also claims that you have to install some software to download the manual or get the USB driver.

I've already got enough junk on this computer, but if anyone wants to install LG's application, I'd sure love to hear if it does as it claims.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...roduct-profile
    I went through the app installation and got the same one that comes with the phone. You do have an option to download the Spanish version though.

Feedback Score

LG420G Manual

I created a nice PDF copy if anyone is interested in receiving the PDF.

Maybe I can find a place to upload the file. It is about 12.1 MB.

It's definitely a "homemade" special.

tall_tiger
    11/26/2010

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tall_tiger View Post

tall_tiger
    11/26/2010
    Is this now online somewhere?

Feedback Score

tall_tiger
    11/26/2010
    Great! Were you able to find a place to post this?

Feedback Score
    I bought the LG420 Tracfone at Wal-Mart. The package did have a manual inside but it really was a kindergarten version. I also downloaded a two-page manual that comes directly from the manufacturer but when you open the file, the actual size is only about the same as a book of stamps from the Post Office. It was in PF format so you have to enlarge the viewer a million times larger just to read the damn thing. I took the enlarged versions, one page at a time and I created a new manual that is very readable when you open it.
    I literally spent a few hours on the project because I bought the phone for my 90-year old Mom. I know she would never know how to open a file like that so I made her a personalized size and I printed it for her just in case she wanted to play "programmer" with the keys and the manual. She is actually smarter than any other 90-year old I have ever seen but the fact remains as to WHY Tracfone didn't print a full sized manual. Maybe the cost of the book woud have upset their financial earning?
    So once again, if anyone wants a copy of the manual, just send me your actual e-mail address with a message in the title "LG420G" manual needed and I will forward you a copy. I do dozens of things on a daily routine that most people would ask why I do such things but it is purely for the principle of it. I even offered to upload the new manual to Tracfone but they only took an attitude that they didn't need ANYTHING, not even a friendly suggestion! I hope they can put all their Tracfones where the sun doesn't shine....

Feedback Score

"LG420G" manual needed

I bought the LG420 Tracfone at Wal-Mart. The package did have a manual inside but it really was a kindergarten version. I also downloaded a two-page manual that comes directly from the manufacturer but when you open the file, the actual size is only about the same as a book of stamps from the Post Office. It was in PF format so you have to enlarge the viewer a million times larger just to read the damn thing. I took the enlarged versions, one page at a time and I created a new manual that is very readable when you open it.
    I literally spent a few hours on the project because I bought the phone for my 90-year old Mom. I know she would never know how to open a file like that so I made her a personalized size and I printed it for her just in case she wanted to play "programmer" with the keys and the manual. She is actually smarter than any other 90-year old I have ever seen but the fact remains as to WHY Tracfone didn't print a full sized manual. Maybe the cost of the book woud have upset their financial earning?
    So once again, if anyone wants a copy of the manual, just send me your actual e-mail address with a message in the title "LG420G" manual needed and I will forward you a copy. I do dozens of things on a daily routine that most people would ask why I do such things but it is purely for the principle of it. I even offered to upload the new manual to Tracfone but they only took an attitude that they didn't need ANYTHING, not even a friendly suggestion! I hope they can put all their Tracfones where the sun doesn't shine....
    I think we all feel that way! Please send me a copy to: ld_gilroy(at)yahoo.com

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Tall tiger
    I would love a copy of the manual for LG420. my email is dfrisicaro2@gmail.com.

Feedback Score
    Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy I made.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast