Thread: GMT - Greet Me Tones

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question GMT - Greet Me Tones

In preparation for the new MetroStudio launch which will house all of our RingTones, Video and Full Track Downloads, we will be transitioning all GreetMe Tones Bundle customers over to a new RingBack Tones Bundle.

This will occur in late August.

However, as GreetMe Tones Bundle customers will need to re-register and set up all their RingBack Tones (again), we will be alerting them starting now of the upcoming transition.

Customers will get both a Voicemail and a Text message over the next couple week (please see the following):

GM5 (Bundle Customer) VM: Please listen to this important announcement from MetroPCS about your GreetMe Tones. In late August we will upgrade the system to allow you a greater selection for the same price! When the upgrade is complete, you will need to reregister and select new ringback tones through the new website. We’ll fund your new Ringback tone account through credits and MetroConnect funds for the total amount of active Ringback tones you have as of July 31st, 2010. The current bundle price will still be $5 per month for two credits. We know you- and those that call you- will love the changes!

GM5 (Bundle Customer) Text: As a reminder, you will need to reregister all your GreetMe Tones as Ringback Tones @ www.metropcs.com/metrostudio on XX/XX/XXX. MetroPCS

Additionally, we will no longer support the stand alone GreetMe Tones feature (currently the grandfathered GMT for $1.75 per month that did not include any Tones). We will notify these customers that the product will no longer be offered as of late August.

GMT (Stand Alone): Please listen to this important announcement from MetroPCS about your GreetMe Tones! In late August we are migrating to a new Ringback Tones platform which will replace GreetMe Tones. At that time, we will no longer offer the GreetMe Tone product and you will lose all of your GreetMe Tones. We will be crediting your MetroConnect account in August for any active GreetMe Tones you had as of July 31st 2010. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

GMT Text (Stand Alone): As a reminder, on XX/XX/XXXX you will lose all your GreetMeTones. A MetroConnect credit will be given for any active GMTs you had as of 7/31/2010. MetroPCS
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.634 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/315)

whn will the changes take place
    Last edited by DREAMING CASUAL; 09-03-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    September 1st

a. Conversion:
    i. GreetMe Tones have stopped working.
    ii. Customers are being CONVERTED today to the new feature called “Ringback Tones.”
    iii. Ringback Tones should be up and running around (approximately) 8:00pm tonight.
    b. Notifying Customers:
    i. Customers are getting voicemails today.
    c. New: Ringback Tones:
    i. Customers who are converted to Ringback Tones will NOT automatically receive them.
    ii. “Hey, my GreetMe Tones don’t work, what’s wrong?”
    iii. Answer: Every Ringback Tones customer MUST MANUALLY set up their new feature.
    iv. To do this (links available starting APPROXIMATELY 8:00pm tonight):
    1. From the computer: www.metropcs.com, click on MetroSTUDIO
    2. From the phone: click on MetroSTUDIO link
    3. Samsung Craft: click on MetroSTUDIO application
    4. THEN:
    a. Once you find a Ringback tone you like, the Application will force you to REGISTER. Click the “LOGIN” link.
    b. (HINT: register first, get it over with)
    c. IMPORTANT: First-time users must click “DON’T HAVE A PASSWORD?”
    d. Application will ask for your phone number.
    e. Application will THEN SEND YOU A TEXT with your password.
    f. Use that password to complete the registration.
    5. Once you’ve registered, the application will show you exactly how many credits you have. It’s easy to read.
    6. Buy your Ringback Tones!
    d. Credits:
    i. MetroPCS will automatically issue a MetroConnect credit for any active tones you PURCHASED a la carte (you paid for them by MetroConnect) through August.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (rv:1.3; BREW 3.1.5; en)/400x240 sam-r860 like Gecko/20080531 NetFront/3.5)

i hope they have better songs, and more songs.......

Feedback Score
    what's great is they have a new service called the MetroConnect Mobile Wallet. it gets you free MetroConnect credits that you can use for music and games. i used it today and got a free Dig Dug game right on my phone, plus a new Ringtone. pretty cool!