Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

While many of you are waiting for your Droid X's to be delivered I already returned mine. I did the pre-order from Best Buy and picked it up 5 min after they opened on Thursday. That afternoon I noticed a line of dead pixels across the screen about 1/3 of the way down - they flickered in and out, but finally stayed on the rest of the evening. This afternoon the bottom 1/2 of the screen went dead...flickered a bit and just died, even when pulling the battery it only showed the bottom 1/2 of the Motorola M on the boot screen.

Took it back to Best Buy and they stated that I was the 3rd one returned today with the dead screen...OUT OF 6 THEY SOLD ON LAUNCH DAY!!!!!! Anyone else notice any screen issues? I have my name down for the next X they get in but am a bit hesitant to get one...but I guess by the time the come in next week I can see if more people have this issue. Maybe time to start the "Droid X Problem" thread.....

--------------------------------
    Edit by FAUguy:
    If you are having screen problems of any kind, such as dead pixels or flickering, please post your build week. I'm wondering if it might all be from a bad batch.

Last edited by FAUguy; 07-19-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    no screen issues here. had mine at 715am on thursday

Device(s)
    Droid X w/CM7GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    same no issues here, and I have not heard this on and Droid X forum, or subforums from around the interwebs.

Feedback Score
    my screen was dead too, but i think its because i pulled the battery tab right off. i thought it was supposed to be removed, argh. the screen is toast.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mine is dead as well. well i jsut have the line so far and at times the bottom part flickers.

Feedback Score
    waiting on my second one currently..

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    im gonna stop in today and have them place the order to ship me a repaired on as well. guess it wont be till atleast the 23 tho.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh man, I feel for you guys... Virtually every new smartphone has early adopter pains - just look at the issues with the various iPhones. Basically, it's a "welcome to the club" sort of thing.

As excited as I am to get a new phone -- these days the prospect of hassling with so many launch issues has me WANTING to wait weeks if not at least a month before I pick up my own device...

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah, went to the store. 5 stores had about 8 in stock when he checked. we called each store and they were "spoken for" and would be sold later... so no dice for me. have to wait till the 27th and then they will 2day it to me. WTF i cant even get overnite? So lame. Phone is pretty useless right now and i dont have an old phone to fall back on. my Env Touch broke 2 days beofre i got the X.

Feedback Score
    hey guys.... i have the same exact problem

i'm pretty annoyed

Feedback Score
    count me in..... snagged 3 of em on launch day and of course the one on my line is the defective one. Gotta say the phone is amazing. Much better than my Droid.

My problem is nearly the same as OP. roughly 1/4 the way down the screen 1 single line of pixels died and now everything below that line intermittently flashes and flickers actually "moving" the desktop area as if that line of dead pixels were a border of the screen. Seems to me that perhaps a bad batch of screens made it into production. The issue seems like a trace on the circuit that controls the screen was weak and after a few hours use it fails causing the issues we are experiencing. This would explain why the defective parts made it past QA.

I only hope Moto has kept a supply of phones on reserve for warranty claims. I really don't want to use my Droid longer than I have to. I much prefer the X and according to Verizon the backorder wait time has already been pushed back from the 23rd to the 27th.

Good luck all...

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tincup64 View Post
    my screen was dead too, but i think its because i pulled the battery tab right off. i thought it was supposed to be removed, argh. the screen is toast.
    mine has no dead pixals but i also pulled the tab off as soon as i got it, i though it was suppost to be pulled off??having some issues but not the screen

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Feedback Score
    Crazy stuff.... My screen is behaving all of a sudden. Let's get some more color on this. Anyone else experiencing the problem? any pics? Anyone else have their phone intermittently act fine as if the screen had no problem?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lscyal8r View Post
    Crazy stuff.... My screen is behaving all of a sudden. Let's get some more color on this. Anyone else experiencing the problem? any pics? Anyone else have their phone intermittently act fine as if the screen had no problem?
    I too would like to see some pics of the screen problems with dead rows of pixels and flickering.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not ever buying a phone at launch ever again. My first incredible couldn't even make calls, or stay connected to 3G on a consistent basis. Hopefully you guys don't have too much problems with the droid x.
    Last edited by Ark6; 07-18-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast