Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    ...Virtually every new smartphone has early adopter pains - just look at the issues with the various iPhones. Basically, it's a "welcome to the club" sort of thing....--Kidd
    The bleeding green edge of technology, right?

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like someone posted a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFX0...ayer_embedded#!
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow that's major

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OP Here - Called Verizon and they were less than helpful (seems if you buy your phone from someone else they don't care about you all that much) they told me to box it up and take it back to BB. Returned it to Best Buy for full credit and am now debating what to do - order a new one online or wait for my local BB to get one in.....either way it BB's and Verizon Cust Service sucks on this issue.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Looks like someone posted a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFX0...ayer_embedded#!
    LOL. I just had a funny thought from a decade ago:

"Did anyone check around back for a vertical hold knob???"

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1
    Watch me on YouTube: AlexKidd4Fun

Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tincup64 View Post
    my screen was dead too, but i think its because i pulled the battery tab right off. i thought it was supposed to be removed, argh. the screen is toast.
    I initially thought this as well. I was confused by the "do not cut" part, but I thought I was supposed to pull the tab off to expose battery contacts or something. After I gave it a slight yank, I inspected it a bit more and saw that the contacts were already exposed and thought maybe this was just a fancy pull tab to help remove the battery. After I put the battery in and saw that the phone had power, I figured out that's what it has to be for. It would have been nice if they labeled it better or at least mentioned it in the (very)quick guide.

Feedback Score
    On hold with Verizon right now. fingers crossed. Wish me luck everyone.

Feedback Score
    Tech support knew of the issue. They've gotten a few calls before me on this. I'm hoping it's not widespread. They will be sending me a new one with the next shipment on the 27th. here's hoping it's all better the second time around!

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lscyal8r View Post
    Tech support knew of the issue. They've gotten a few calls before me on this. I'm hoping it's not widespread. They will be sending me a new one with the next shipment on the 27th. here's hoping it's all better the second time around!
    Man, I just got off the phone with VZW tech, and they said that the issue was going to be fixed via the .604 update lol. Gonna call back and try to get someone else. i just want to exchange the phone!

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, for some reason the edit button is not working.

VZW are stating that they wont exchange the phone because the issue I am talking about is a "backlight" issue, that they are aware of, and they are going to fix in the .604 release. Dont know what to do now.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Dang, really sorry for another post, I cant seem to edit any of my posts, it just hangs.

So got another CSR, she stated the same thing, that its a backlight issue and that it is going to be fixed in the .604 update. I said that its definitely not a backlight issue, and please search whatever you need to search in order to find any information regarding my issue. What she was describing was not the issue that I was having. I told her that other customers were experiencing the same screen flickering that I was, and its becoming a common one. She finally said since you are in your 30 days, we can do a "worry-free guarantee" exchange. Got a new order number, and now playing the waiting game as far as getting a new device. Lets hope it doesnt get pushed back beyond 7/27.

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well ain't that a crapper....if this gets fixed via a release I am gonna be PO'd - they told ME to take it back to BB and exchange it....gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Feedback Score
    So I just finally received mine, powered it on, and noticed a dead pixel on the right hand side of the phone. It's pretty noticeable. Will Verizon send me a new one for 1 dead pixel, or should I just look for methods the remedy it myself?

Feedback Score
    I had what looked like an upside down y of pixels that you could only see when the screen was white on the 2nd day that I had it. The line was from about 3/4th of the way up on the screen all the way down to just above the bottom of the screen. I noticed it a few times that day and I haven't seen it again since.

Hopefully this is just a software issue and not a hardware one as I don't want to have to mess with returning the phone and getting a new one.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bonde111 View Post
    So I just finally received mine, powered it on, and noticed a dead pixel on the right hand side of the phone. It's pretty noticeable. Will Verizon send me a new one for 1 dead pixel, or should I just look for methods the remedy it myself?
    If you are under your worry free guarantee period (first thirty days which you are) - You can exchange the phone for whatever reason you see fit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast