Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Thread: Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    9,418
    Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you are having screen problems of any kind, such as dead pixels or flickering, please post your build week. I'm wondering if it might all be from a bad batch.

    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

    => VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    61
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the flicker issue, and my build week is 27/10.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    436
    Device(s)
    Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mines 27/10 with one dead pixel. If I see more, or any other issues, OR if if it is a batch problem. I will use the warranty for another one

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mine was 28/10. Seems that the dead pixel fixed itself somehow. I tried to do the pressure fix, and it didn't seem to work, then a couple of hours later it magically went away.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Utica,N.Y.
    Posts
    1,075
    Device(s)
    iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i have 27/10 and no screen problems yet ! ive had it since thur at 7 am !!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,241
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ordered mine at 0700 on the 15th. I have build #: 28/10. No screen problems here.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    OP Here - Called Verizon and they were less than helpful (seems if you buy your phone from someone else they don't care about you all that much) they told me to box it up and take it back to BB. Returned it to Best Buy for full credit and am now debating what to do - order a new one online or wait for my local BB to get one in.....either way it BB's and Verizon Cust Service sucks on this issue.
    Yes, you buy it at Best Buy, you return it to Best Buy. I have no idea why people don't get this. If you buy a pair of Levi's at Macy's, would you try to return them to a Levi's outlet store?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlo911 View Post
    Mines 27/10 with one dead pixel. If I see more, or any other issues, OR if if it is a batch problem. I will use the warranty for another one
    You all with a single dead pixel or a few dead pixels... you will seriously regret not returning it. The phone isn't going to just magically fix itself. And, from the videos I've watched, I do not see a software update fixing this issue.

    Take it back... it's not worth it completely dying when you really need it. Murphy's Law...

    - AdamZ

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Go Lakers!
    Posts
    235
    Device(s)
    Droid X MB810
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wow...this sucks. I'm fortunate to not have this issue. Build code is 26/10.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    28/10 here.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got my Droid X this afternoon ordered directly from Verizon. I had a little bit of trouble getting it activated and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a CSR to get that resolved. Phone worked great for about two hours. My wife was taking a look at it, she has a Droid classic, she asked me what was wrong with the screen. The very bottom of the main screen where the three icons are were fading in and out with streaks in them. It was kind of strange because depending on the angle I held the phone the streaks would either get better or worse.

    I called Verizon tech support and the guy was fairly helpful. He had me try some basic troubleshooting and finally decided that a replacement phone was in order. He gave me the option of having one shipped or picking one up at a Verizon store. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I opted to have it shipped. He said a replacement would be shipped tomorrow.

    I found this forum doing a search to see if it was a known issue and thought I would add my experiences. My batch number is 27/10.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    61
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stagehand View Post
    I got my Droid X this afternoon ordered directly from Verizon. I had a little bit of trouble getting it activated and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a CSR to get that resolved. Phone worked great for about two hours. My wife was taking a look at it, she has a Droid classic, she asked me what was wrong with the screen. The very bottom of the main screen where the three icons are were fading in and out with streaks in them. It was kind of strange because depending on the angle I held the phone the streaks would either get better or worse.

    I called Verizon tech support and the guy was fairly helpful. He had me try some basic troubleshooting and finally decided that a replacement phone was in order. He gave me the option of having one shipped or picking one up at a Verizon store. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I opted to have it shipped. He said a replacement would be shipped tomorrow.

    I found this forum doing a search to see if it was a known issue and thought I would add my experiences. My batch number is 27/10.
    Dang thats pretty fast. I ordered my replacement this morning, and was told it would ship by 7/27 and that none are available in any warehouse. Called back about an hour ago and spent 20 mins on the phone taking to a CSR and his supervisors who reiterated the same thing. No phone to ship me at all. I am jealous!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thefiverivers View Post
    Dang thats pretty fast. I ordered my replacement this morning, and was told it would ship by 7/27 and that none are available in any warehouse. Called back about an hour ago and spent 20 mins on the phone taking to a CSR and his supervisors who reiterated the same thing. No phone to ship me at all. I am jealous!!
    We'll see what happens. Ironically I'm getting ready to go on vacation and hearing about all the problems I don't have a high level of confidence in this phone. If it does show up this week like he said, I likely won't activate it until I get back from vacation. I would rather wait for a phone I can rely on rather than another dud if you know what I mean.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    3,220
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AHostileMe View Post
    Yes, you buy it at Best Buy, you return it to Best Buy. I have no idea why people don't get this. If you buy a pair of Levi's at Macy's, would you try to return them to a Levi's outlet store?
    lol as a VZW Retailer myself I have always wondered how people don't get this simple concept. It seems like common sense, but I learned a long time ago that common sense ain't so common.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    i live close to you
    Posts
    8,539
    Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    when i play a video or see my screen when its black, i see a red dot at the bottom, is that a bleed spot its kind of hard to see and will it get worse??






    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

    ebay feedback above

    WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Droid Handscent SMS issue
    By XSYLUS in forum Motorola Phone Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM
  3. Email issue on Motorola Droid
    By NFDfiremedic in forum Motorola
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:55 PM
  4. Motorola Droid Screen Question
    By Yankees-in-5 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 08:34 AM
  5. Voice Mail/screen issue on Moto Droid
    By chrisb83 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks