Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Eeep. I'm still waiting on my DX. Now I'm worried it will have a bad screen. No way am I waiting another few weeks for a replacement that could be just as messed up. If mine id bad, I'm replacing with an Incredible, or depending on my frustration level...an iPhone.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I placed my order on the July 23rd and received it on July 26th. I have been using it heavily for the last couple of days and so far have no issues. All I can say is they finally made a phone with everything I could ask for.

Device(s)
    land lines
    Carrier(s)
    VZN
    Feedback Score
    My build is 30/10 from a July 29 purchase and my screen died. I just happened to look at it when it died. It was setting there next to me at the time and played the message received sound. I picked it up and pressed the home button to activate the screen but before I could touch it to unlock, vertical white lines appeared and the screen faded to black. After that the screen never displayed anything.

I was just down the street from the VZN store where I made the purchase so I paid them a visit immediately. They sent out a replacement (refurbished) and when I got it, the replacement did not work either. The replacement had another problem altogether. It would pause for a second every few seconds or so. It was murder just to perform the activation process because half the time it didn't recognize your touch and you can just forget trying to scroll with it. I called tech support and two hours later they recommended buying another one and returning the rest.

I now must wait until September and by then the 30 days will be up for VZN guarantee. And that is major bullSSSS because I haven't even had two weeks with a working phone within that time!

To make matters worse, they won't let me cancel and return everything now because the phone on order must be present. So I cannot cancel until the phone arrives and can't cancel the day the phone is scheduled to arrive because 30 days will have passed.

Does anyone know anyone I can contact about VZN not honoring a guarantee?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RBraxton View Post
    My build is 30/10 from a July 29 purchase and my screen died. I just happened to look at it when it died. It was setting there next to me at the time and played the message received sound. I picked it up and pressed the home button to activate the screen but before I could touch it to unlock, vertical white lines appeared and the screen faded to black. After that the screen never displayed anything.

I was just down the street from the VZN store where I made the purchase so I paid them a visit immediately. They sent out a replacement (refurbished) and when I got it, the replacement did not work either. The replacement had another problem altogether. It would pause for a second every few seconds or so. It was murder just to perform the activation process because half the time it didn't recognize your touch and you can just forget trying to scroll with it. I called tech support and two hours later they recommended buying another one and returning the rest.

I now must wait until September and by then the 30 days will be up for VZN guarantee. And that is major bullSSSS because I haven't even had two weeks with a working phone within that time!

To make matters worse, they won't let me cancel and return everything now because the phone on order must be present. So I cannot cancel until the phone arrives and can't cancel the day the phone is scheduled to arrive because 30 days will have passed.

Does anyone know anyone I can contact about VZN not honoring a guarantee?

You shouldn't have accepted the refurbished one. You should have just asked for exchange since 30 days were not passed. They have 30 days exchange and return policy.

I had bought mine from Best Buy. I asked for exchange on day 29. They didn't have it in stock. But they added my name on top of their waiting list. They got one after 10 days. They called me and exchanged mine with a new one even if 30 days were passed.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Thread unstuck.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Samsung A950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my screen just started doing this and I have the launch day X.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5