Thread: Any way to upgrade Samsung Reality Internet browser?

Feedback Score

Any way to upgrade Samsung Reality Internet browser?

I noticed that the internet browser on the reality is the Polaris Browser 6.2 This is a 2 year old browser and has recently had an upgrade to 7.0. The env touch uses the same polaris browser and in v08 of the firmware upgraded to the polaris 7 browser. Yesterday I tried downloading the polaris 7.0 browser used on the env touch (google it) and using bitpim tried to put it in the polaris 6.0 folder found in the reality. I looked through most of the config files using a text editor and found that the most of the files are very similar. However upon restarting the reality, opening the browser caused the phone to restart. Im sure with some work we can upgrade this horrible browser. (note to use the reality in bitpim. Hook up the reality by usb. The phone will display MTP. Press disconnect. (yes to disconnect). The phone can now be used in bitpim. Open bitpim. Set device as Intensity2. Then for the port see open ports and highlight the option that has to do we the reality. Once this is done you can click on filesystem and look and manipulate the file system. Most of the file system can be manipulated other than ringtones, and brew games.)

Phones
    Samsung Droid Charge (SCH-i510); Samsung Reality(SCH u820)
    Samsung Glyde (SCH u940)
    Samsung Flip-Shot (SCH u900)
    Carriers
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    interesting.

did not know there was a significant different in the 2 versions.... but I usually stick with mobile websites...
    "You can observe a lot by watching" --Yogi Berra