Thread: Recover contacts on HTC HERO after doing reset

Phone
    HTC Hero
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Recover contacts on HTC HERO after doing reset

I reset my htc hero back to factory settings (holding home, end call, and back buttons together) because the unlock code for the phone was entered too many times until it asked for my email and password. I entered the correct email and password and the phone still said it was wrong, so I was forced to reset the phone.

Now I am wondering if its possible to recover my contacts somehow? I did not sync them with gmail before. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks!

Phones
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    iPod Touch 64gb, Droid Eris (reserve)
    Blackberry Tour (sold), Nokia N85, Nokia 5530, MyTouch 3G (reserve)
    Carriers
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Your contacts from the phone should still go to GMail, even if you didn't consciously do it. Its all done in the background. If you're able to download apps from the Market, that already means your phone has been associated with your GMail account.

Go to your PC browser and check your GMail account. Go to Contacts. You can check if everything is there.

If everything is there, give the phone some break period, after which, enter your GMail login and address again.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Feedback Score
    To restore deleted contacts on HTC Wildfire from Gmail, you need to add your Google account to your phone first, and then go to the setting option to activate synchronization. When you update the contact list on your phone, the contacts in your Google account will be updated simultaneously. Well, there is a precondition: you need to sync your contact list to your Google account before you lost it, so that there is a backup for you to restore. You can't find anything on your Gmail account. It may be because you've never synced the contacts on your HTC Wildfire. Under this condition, you can only recover your HTC Wildfire contacts by directly scanning your phone to see if you can find them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ylirenom View Post
    To restore deleted contacts on HTC Wildfire from Gmail, you need to add your Google account to your phone first, and then go to the setting option to activate synchronization. When you update the contact list on your phone, the contacts in your Google account will be updated simultaneously. Well, there is a precondition: you need to sync your contact list to your Google account before you lost it, so that there is a backup for you to restore. You can't find anything on your Gmail account. It may be because you've never synced the contacts on your HTC Wildfire. Under this condition, you can only recover your HTC Wildfire contacts by directly scanning your phone to see if you can find them.
    I also use the Coolmuster to help me recover my HTC deleted/lost contacts.

Feedback Score
    To recover lost HTC contacts, I think it's easier to use an android sms + contacts app to help. There are many this kind of app, just google it and have a try!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by assen View Post
    To recover lost HTC contacts, I think it's easier to use an android sms + contacts app to help. There are many this kind of app, just google it and have a try!
    Try Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery.