Thread: SimpleMobile = Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active

Feedback Score

SimpleMobile = Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active

This never happened until I added this last card. About 50% of the time I get this annoying message when I try to text someone. I have to resend the text and wait to see it finally went through. I emailed simple(lol) and called. One the phone the guy basically had no idea what to tell me and finally settled with "everything showed ok on our side" and not to call back until 3 days passed.

Ok, no conditional call forwarding so google voice is pretty much out of the question in terms of unified voice mail. I get it.

No short codes for google calender and other stuff, I get it , fine.

But if simple stuff like txt messaging is going to be a probem I'm going to have to look elsewhere

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted before, I talked to 2 others locally that are having the same problem - one my cousin who I convinced to drop tmobile, so I'm looking like a tool a little to him.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The 'no short codes' is a plan killer for me. I don't see why they can't authorize a handful of short codes such as Twitter, Yahoo, Google, Live, etc etc.

Phones
    T616, P910, W600
    V3
    N73, N82
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm still sending international text msg everyday and no problem at all. I'm using the N97!

Feedback Score
    Hey I am having the same exact problem. I just purchased a HTC G2 and it is doing the same thing. At first I thought it was this call blocking app gone bad but even after i uninstalled it the problem persisted. I called simple mobile and they said I should contact the manufactor of the phone. But now that I have read this im sure its a Simple Mobile problem. Did you ever find out how to avoid this problem but any chance.

Phones
    Galaxy nexus
    Galaxy nexus ftw
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    so far i've had no problems with mms or international texts, using a nexus one, though.
    Proud to be Latin/Chinese xD

Feedback Score
    Yup I have the HTC G2(I hate the damn phone) and it started to happen to me 3 days ago.

Phone
    Samsung smooth
    Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    sounds like it is certain phones that it is happening on

Feedback Score
    That same issue also happened to me lately this month when I reup. Last couple month was all fine. Now I cant even text 100% of the time. All msg are blocked no matter which phone I use, (Sony Ericsson, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, and IPhone 3GS) all wont work.

Simple Mobile sucks

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I gave up with simple mobile after being capped 2 months in a row tmobile now has a $50 plan for light web users n $70 with 2gb of web at least now I can receive all my picture messsages

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I know I'm bumping an old thread, but does this problem still exist? I just put my wife on SimpleMobile (she was ok with slow data speeds) but apparently is not ok with not being able to send/receive texts from short codes.. any short code. The website indicates 'reboot your phone' and then call customer service... which I told her to do, but when you are a GSM carrier I imagine they are going to just say 'its your phone's fault'.. even though it shouldn't be (I gave her my old G2X which worked fine on direct Tmobile prepaid)

Feedback Score
    According to Simple's Facebook site they were asking for short code requests that they could implement so apparently short codes are not universal yet.

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks... I will check out the Facebook posted.

Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    Go GSM! Switch phones on demand.