I'm not sure what went wrong but on Saturday morning it was the start of a new billing cycle so I decided to add the $10 web 2 go plan for use on my iphone.
After adding it I changed the apn to internet2.voicestream.com
So off I went to do some errands and while away and from time to time I
logged into messenger and maybe look something on the web. In the end it
worked just as well as the pay by MB without the hefty fees.
That night I tried to check my email back home (wifi was off) and it stayed at connecting. My first thought was something wrong with the email. To try and test things I went into the tzones page and that loaded fine but an external page gave me an error as if I was using the wap.voicestream.com apn.
Subscription Upgrade Required
Your current plan is not compatible with this device.
No settings were changed though I did try to log into skype which failed to log me in. Fring couldnt log me in either
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue but its not something that has been reported
before in these forums.
Hopefully someone knows a fix since I cant be without internet on my iphone when
away from home and $30 a month for the smartphone web is too much for me to pay just to have access to
My last thing to try would be using a flip phone for a few days then attempt to use
the iphone again hopefully that solves it.
Its been over a month since I originally reported about this problem and I just want to say that I solved it
within 2 weeks. Basically it was fixed by doing a series of plan changes which will be noted below
I started with changing my sim to a different phone for a few days but that did not remedy the problem.
Still I called customer service and asked for my $10 data plan to be switched over to the pay per megabyte.
Surprisingly even that plan did not work so thru the my.tmobile.com I removed the pay per megabyte plan
to find out that the rep also removed included wap access so my iphone had no data at all.
My final step was to go add the $10 web2go plan again and I was impressed to see the data works perfectly
fine and still is to this day.
Strangely a week ago an mms I tried to send was not going thru and the apn field for the mms was blank but
what surprised me was seeing that the apn under cellular data was blank and my data is working perfectly fine.
Even under field test mode it shows as not connected to any apn.
In the end im glad I was able to fix the data on my iphone since without it things just arent the same.
My only reason for taking so long to post is me wanting to test how will everything hold up in the long
run and hopefully gore can fix his data too.
Last edited by randamin; 09-06-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Reason: spelling/grammatical corrections