Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Will _____ Sprint (or other) phone work on Boost CDMA? Part 3

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Will _____ Sprint (or other) phone work on Boost CDMA? Part 3

This thread will be dedicated to discussion of which phones, Sprint or otherwise, will work on Boost's CDMA service.

DO NOT post in this thread questions about how to activate your phone here. Discuss ONLY what phones can be used and can not be used. Threads attempting to discuss anything else may be edited and/or removed, and users may be given "vacations" if there is too much disruption of this threads topic....

Please see also the previous thread on this topic and also the Boost CDMA FAQ before posting your question.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    So responding to one of the last posters in the previous thread I welcome some more details on how to get tethering to work oh a q9c w/o ICSControl (doen't work) or USBModem or PDANet (since those two charge). It would be useful for those who consider that phone as their first entry into Boost .. and I might have one available soon already active and working that I would make available on HOFO at a fair price.

deathtrip Guest
    The only non-legit way is to edit the NAI/MIP profile.

Feedback Score
    Got a Centro activated this afternoon via iden -> cdma migration. The rep stopped me halfway through giving him the ESN, because "they don't usually start with a 270", and had me start over, which made me think I was going to get shot down, but it went through just fine and he didn't ask any questions. First try, I guess it's beginners luck. Glad to have it behind me.

So I can confirm the centro still activates (& works) fine, I hadn't seen any recent posts on it. Thanks for all the help, everyone! I'm now a happy boost customer.

deathtrip Guest
    The Centro is one phone there has never been a problem with. The only problem really is the fact it has an MEID that starts with 27011317 and most reps are trained that their MEIDs start with 268435457.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2/HTC Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO/Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    This is what's required for the BT tethering on Q9c. The registry edit needs to be done on the Q.

#include <stddisclaim.h>
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms]
    "AcceptConnections"=dword:00000001
    "MaxConnections"=dword:00000005
    "PublishSdpOnBoot"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnectionSharing]
    "DisabledOnBoot"=dword:00000000
    "EnableAddressTranslation"=dword:00000001
    "EnableDhcpAllocator"=dword:00000001
    "EnablePacketFiltering"=dword:00000001
    "PrivateInterface"="BTCEPAN1"
    "PublicInterface"="Sprint Network"
    "SetLastDhcpAddrToIEH"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Parms]
    "EnableDHCP"=dword:00000001
    "IpEnableRouter"=dword:00000001
    "IpInitializeRouter"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\IPM]
    "Threshold104to208"=dword:0000000f
    "Threshold208to104"=dword:0000000a
    "Threshold208to312"=dword:00000019
    "Threshold312to208"=dword:00000014

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\pan]
    "ActivateOnBoot"=dword:00000001
    "Encrypt"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General]
    "NoSleepingWhileConnected"=dword:00000000
    Just connect the PC over BT (should show as an Access Point). Q9c uses the Widcomm stack, so it defaults to NAP mode, which just basically means you can't really connect MS-stack based WM devices (there is a hack for that). The IPM stuff makes the Q a little more responsive.

-- Starfox

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    With the q9c whenever I edited the NAI using Motorola RSD General, it would not stick (revert right back after I try to save). This was with several different versions of RSD General. I'll try the registry hack above for BT, thanks. Is there something similar for USB?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Boost Mobile CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I'm assuming (for obvious reasons...$$$) that no one has tried to put a HTC Shift X9500 (CDMA version) on to Boost Mobile CDMA? I know... it's ONLY $1,400! lol

I guess the geniuses at xda-developers has made calls possible.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486234

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All of this confusing information!!! =) i got my TOUCH PRO off of ebay yesterday. I've had a cdma account for a long time. i added funds and I called boost. When i got connected i made sure the CSR heard me telling my invisible "pregnant" wife was having a kid. we're out camping and the phone im on is about to die and she's going into labor!! I need to activate this other phone!!! guess what....WORKED LIKE A CHARM. Borrowed some tips from the forum. I played dumb when asked what kind of phone it is..("Uhh..it has a keyboard, i dont know my wife is pregnant i just need to get it activated so i can call her doctor.") This might seem like i was doing too much but the false pregnancy made my chances of success skyrocket...So how far are u willing to go to save money?? I got it done on the first try..If they dont activate your phone, tell them they dont have a heart and call back =)

Feedback Score
    Has anyone successfully activated a Sanyo Katana Eclipse X or Sanyo Katana LX? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    "Why do I get my best ideas in the morning while I'm shaving?"

Device(s)
    Pantech Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What?! Are you serious? if you had the battery power to call boost while you were pregnant wife was giving birth in the woods, why would one not just call the doctor on the said phone haha. wow I highly doubt that increased your chances whatsoever because I can't imagine boost would hire someone so clearly naive lol. In all seriousness all you needed to do was do the "IDK its the one with a full keyboard" routine and he would have put it through. Some boost reps don't care, and some wont do it period, its just based on who you get. No need to fake medical emergencies.
    Left Virgin for Helio and all it had to offer... Only to get "acquired" back to virgin again... slowly loosing everything I switched for. Then came a light at the end of the tunnel when we got "acquired" yet again by sprint... sadly they brought us nothing and took from us everything, so as the ship sank I stayed aboard and then on the 23rd I quickly ported over to boost... and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

RIP HELIO... you were set-up to fail but it was fun while it lasted.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Boost Mobile(former)
    Feedback Score
    hey DT try any Blackberry Bold 9650 ESNS lately ?

Just wondering because I came into some money i'd be tempted to upgrade for os 6 by trading in my tour for a bold. I know there was that activation system update boost did about a week or so ago. makes me wonder if anything changed.
    Former Boost Mobile Subscriber (2001-2013)
    Current T-Mobile Subscriber

deathtrip Guest
    I don't have one, and haven't been able to find one yet. Not even on Ebay.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Boost Mobile(former)
    Feedback Score
    wow that's weird with the bold pretty much replacing the tour on sprint/verizon and its popularity you would think there would be some floating around out there.

oh well maybe its best I just stick it out with my Tour for the next year or two. The only thing that worries is the trackball which can be finicky at times and its not getting os 6 support(a big downer).

Device(s)
    Boostberry curve 8330m
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    i got a sprint samsung exclaim working great! on boost mobile cdma! no problems activating or provisioning! worked like a charm. now i wanna know if i can activate one of springs android phones like the moment, i heard it's impossible but it's a sexy *** phone! and i can't afford the TP2

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast