View Poll Results: Are you using H20 Unlimited or Simple Mobile?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simple Mobile

9 52.94%
  • H20 Unlimited

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you using Simple Mobile or H20 unlimited?

Feedback Score

Are you using Simple Mobile or H20 unlimited?

I am just wondering the user ratio between the 2?

Or in term of the coverages, customer services, and reliabilities, which one would you pick?

Feedback Score
    I live in a small to medium urban market where all four big carriers have roughly equal coverage.
    The local H20 and Simple Master dealer has informed me that Simple outsells H20 10 to 1 primarily because Talk and text unlimited is (was) cheaper and the main thing, DATA.

H20 CS from my experience is mediocre. Simple Mobile CS is better, but they are getting hit with Page Plus syndrome. Long wait times, etc.

H20 has better coverage then Simple , Att vs. Tmobile native. But at this point if you want ANY data, even mms, it's Simple all the way.

Feedback Score

Simple Mobile VS H2O Unlimited......

I switched from Metro Pcs to Simple Mobile and H2O Unlimited......

Having the two services with identical phones I can see big differences

a) Simple mobile

*Good deal - $60 you get unlimited talk/text/data
    *Once you reach the rural areas you start to experience signal problems
    *Customer service is not the best, long hold, sometimes they release the call after you wait for 30+ mins.
    *Reminders are sent at end of 30 days.

B) H2O Unlimited

*The deal was not so great few months ago, but now they have modified it and they offer unlimited talk/text/unlimited mms + 50MB data + $20 for international calls - all for $49.99
    *Customer service is fast and good, you can even reach them via chat
    *No reminders are sent at end of 30 days!!

I subscribe to the two services so i could see the difference and was a bit reluctant to switch to H2O Unlimited for the lack of data plan, now that they have added it and their coverage is better I will switch my 2nd line to them.

Feedback Score
    I think H20 needs to add still more data. I think MOST Att mvnos need to add data. Red Pocket, Jolt Gsm, Air Voice and Pure all have tons of cheap talk/text plans and no data, not even mms. Sad.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    I think H20 needs to add still more data. I think MOST Att mvnos need to add data. Red Pocket, Jolt Gsm, Air Voice and Pure all have tons of cheap talk/text plans and no data, not even mms. Sad.

But don't you think that it's the decision of the providing carrier (not the MVNO) when it comes to data?
    I don't think there is one Verizon or AT&T MVNO (other than Straight Talk) that offers unlimited.
    Maybe it will change as the Nokia E71 on ST is unlimited 3G which for 45.00 a month is a steal.

Sprint and T-Mobile may be a little more liberal since they are scouring for new subscribers.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how it all works. But whenever an Att mvno changes it plans or cuts its prices , the other Att mvnos fall in line and do something similar. Right now the value added services on Att's mvnos are data/mms and international calling. All of them have cheap talk/text. Some as low as what Page plus was earlier this year. 39.95.

Many have international text and many have low priced intl calling plans /rates too.

The biggest thing to me is that they haven't cut the paygo rates at all.

Feedback Score
    I hope you guys are not really serious about H20 unlimited 50MB is too little.

Keep in mind that H20 Unlimited is an ATT MVNO, and its plans are not meant to be competing with AT&T, but a way to entice sprint, tmobile and metro pcs customers. These plans are geared toward people who don't want to pay an arm and a leg for services that they don't need or care about. That was my main reason for switching to H20 unlimited and Simple Mobile. I just wanted a plan with unlimited talk+ text + international text +some data at a good price. $49.99 for unlimited talk+text+ international text + mms+50MB is fair too me. I might use a phone to check few emails here and there but I don't I really don't care about it, if I need to surf I just wait when I get home and do that....

If you think what the mvno's are offering are too little, maybe they are not for you.....

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baddymetro View Post
    If you think what the mvno's are offering are too little, maybe they are not for you.....
    That's a good point. Too many of us want to drive a Land Rover but pay for a Kia.

I never honestly thought that in the 2 years since Boost shook up the pre-paid market that we would see smart phones with unlimited data.
    I was wrong but I still don't think you are going to see (other than Straight Talk) a Verizon or AT&T MVNO get much in the way of data. It's somewhat like competing with yourself.

You really can't compare it with Sprint (Boost or Virgin) because Sprint owns them. They do offer some older Blackberrys for 10.00 more per month but at the end of the day, Sprint gets all the money.

Feedback Score
    Well, it comes down to , if it isn't appropriate , don't use it. That's why I get so sick of whiners on PPC's unlimited tnt or 1200 tnt plans who keep moaning about "why, oh why oh why can't you give us UNLIMITED Data?".

Because the damn plans are called TALK and TEXT and they are giving you the data as an afterthought, that's why!
    PPC and H20's plans are NOT MEANT for tethering, Android /Iphone levels of data hoggage. There are OTHER plans for that.
    H20 and PPC are great for people with wap phones and such but if you're a heavy data user, PAY the price. Get the $70 Tmobile plan, the $75 and up unlimited Verizon prepaid data plans for phones.

Or give up byod and go to Virgin Mobile or Straight Talk for unlimited data.

Or try and hit a middle ground with Boost cdma.

But geez, 50 megs is perfect for some people but if you're a blasted data PIG or otherwise have a smartphone, get real. Get a plan that it's meant for, not one you want to modify with wishful thinking. Geez.

Yeah, that's a rant.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Well, it comes down to , if it isn't appropriate , don't use it. That's why I get so sick of whiners on PPC's unlimited tnt or 1200 tnt plans who keep moaning about "why, oh why oh why can't you give us UNLIMITED Data?".

Because the damn plans are called TALK and TEXT and they are giving you the data as an afterthought, that's why!
    PPC and H20's plans are NOT MEANT for tethering, Android /Iphone levels of data hoggage. There are OTHER plans for that.
    H20 and PPC are great for people with wap phones and such but if you're a heavy data user, PAY the price. Get the $70 Tmobile plan, the $75 and up unlimited Verizon prepaid data plans for phones.

Or give up byod and go to Virgin Mobile or Straight Talk for unlimited data.

Or try and hit a middle ground with Boost cdma.

But geez, 50 megs is perfect for some people but if you're a blasted data PIG or otherwise have a smartphone, get real. Get a plan that it's meant for, not one you want to modify with wishful thinking. Geez.

Yeah, that's a rant.

Guys, get Opera Mini if you want to surf. I haven't used 50MB in a month yet and I have surfed for hours at a time, including mostly HTML sites like the New York Times. If you are on CNN or HoFo, use the WAP version and you can surf all day for less than a MB. I think Star and People also have WAP sites.

Feedback Score
    Two things for all data hogs. A phone with wifi and Opera mini.

Feedback Score
    hello i have a iphone 3g with firmware 4.1 my modem firmware is 05.14.02 How do i unlock and what settings do i need to setup on the phone to work with simple mobile.someone please help i have a mac and pc. thank you very much for anyone who can answer me

Feedback Score
    I starting using Simple Mobile a few days ago. Unfortunately, I don't get service inside my house. I get 1 bar when I step outside and all 5 just up the road. There's a lot of "dead spots" around here too. I can't even take advantage of the "Unlimited data." It's a good plan but, it just doesn't work for me at my home.

Next month, I'm going with H2O since they are using AT&T towers. AT&T has outstanding service everywhere I go. My Net 10 phone always has 5 bars in my home and no less than 2-3 bars even in the worse areas (outskirts). I don't mind the 50mb data cap on H20 since I have wifi on my phone and internet at home. I just wish I knew about H2O before I paid for a month of service with Simple.
    Last edited by thetopic; 01-17-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Phones
    Samsung SIII
    Samsung SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    H20 Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I currently have H20 as a backup phone just to test how the service was. I currently use ATT, and will be switching to H20 this month, since I fine the service just fine, I will go with the 49.99 plan since it includes some data.

Pricing was a factor for me. I pay 34.00 and 15 for 1500 texts (have corp discount) cost 49.99 w/no data, for that price why not go with H20 and get some data, oh and I've been with ATT since Dec 99, I just don't want to increase my bill to 63.00 per month.

Feedback Score
    *Update:

This morning I activated an H2O sim card just to make sure I get good reception in my house before paying for a full plan. Just as I assumed, I get full bars with H2O. It's easy to try out H2O because they give free minutes just by activating a sim on their minute and day plans. Below are pictures comparing the two providers' reception inside my house.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast