Thread: Samsung r451c white screen of death and copying contacts.

Feedback Score

Samsung r451c white screen of death and copying contacts.

Ive been using the phone for 7 months with no issue. I go to use the phone and the display starts flickering. Then the display goes completely white. Fortunately, the phone has a 1 yr warranty. I call ST to get a replacement and cust service has me on the phone for almost an hour as they go through the debug/resolution process. Nothing fixed it.

The warranty process is that Ive got to send in the old phone b4 they send the replacement. That sucks. Looks like I will be out of a phone for 10 days. 3-5 days for the package info to send in and another 5 days to get the new phone out to me.

The other problem is that all my contacts are on the old phone and I cant read them off. ST tells me that I have to manually copy them off with a broken display. Good luck with that!

I have a microSD card, is there anyway to copy contacts to that?

Regards,
    TJ

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    About the only way to do it would be using Bluetooth to a PC. It will be extremely difficult without the display working. If you can find a friend with the same model phone, you could go through the steps on that phone, and as you are doing that, duplicate the key presses on the one with no display.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the response. I will try to hand copy contacts manually. I find that the display works intermittently enough to get the info down. It may be a heat thing... If the phone isnt used, the display works for 30-60 sec before it whites out.

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[TF268435458908196422000000014238951097] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by tj90
    Ive been using the phone for 7 months with no issue. I go to use the phone and the display starts flickering. Then the display goes completely white. Fortunately, the phone has a 1 yr warranty. I call ST to get a replacement and cust service has me on the phone for almost an hour as they go through the debug/resolution process. Nothing fixed it.

The warranty process is that Ive got to send in the old phone b4 they send the replacement. That sucks. Looks like I will be out of a phone for 10 days. 3-5 days for the package info to send in and another 5 days to get the new phone out to me.

The other problem is that all my contacts are on the old phone and I cant read them off. ST tells me that I have to manually copy them off with a broken display. Good luck with that!

Regards,
    TJ
    this is what i would do...go 2wally and buy one of those cheap st fones...port ur# to that fone mail ur 451 2st...when u get ur new fone port ur# back 2that fone and return the cheap st fone and get ur money back...!!!!!

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tj90 View Post

Regards,
    TJ
    I am surprised. Usually America Movil subs insists on sending the new phone first and then providing a return envelope for you to send back the old phone. You could try the executive resolutions department at 1-800-876-5753 and explaining your predicament. If push comes to shove, you could overnight the phone to the return depot and enclose a shipping label for overnight shipping back to you and hope they use it. If you sent the phone today, you would have one back by Wednesday if they use your shipper label. Be sure to insure the shipment for the value of the phone both ways. Of course I say that having a Stamps.com account with computer-run electronic scale at the ready, so it would likely be much easier for me than for most.

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score

via r451c/bing/hofo

[SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451cIve been using the phone for 7 months with no issue. I go to use the phone and the display starts flickering. Then the display goes completely white. Fortunately, the phone has a 1 yr warranty. I call ST to get a replacement and cust service has me on the phone for almost an hour as they go through the debug/resolution process. Nothing fixed it. The warranty process is that Ive got to send in the old phone b4 they send the replacement. That sucks. Looks like I will be out of a phone for 10 days. 3-5+days+for+the+package+info+to+send+in+and+another +5+days+to+get+the+new+phone+out+to+me.
    The+other+problem+is+that+all+my+contacts+are+on+t he+old+phone+and+I+cant+read+them+off.+ST+tells+me +that+I+have+to+manually+copy+them+off+with+a+brok en+display.+Good+luck+with+that!
    I+have+a+microSD+card,+is+there+anyway+to+copy+con tacts+kk+that?
    Regards,
    Tkk
    Last edited by rcrhow; 08-12-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: delete