Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the "Senior Value" phone TracFone offers?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

What's the "Senior Value" phone TracFone offers?

I was just checking out phone prices in a store I'd never been to, and noticed this "Senior Value" blister pack containing an LG 220C, which was obviously a TracFone product. It was hanging right next to a TracFone LG 220C, but the Senior-aimed phone was $5 more ($19.95). What does this offer for the price to differentiate it from the other? No mention of DMFL on the package.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    It is a repackaged Tracfone. Nothing more, nothing less. They also offer the Samsung T-155G with the Senior Value Cellphone packaging. Have seen the 155g that included DMFL.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    It is a repackaged Tracfone. Nothing more, nothing less. They also offer the Samsung T-155G with the Senior Value Cellphone packaging. Have seen the 155g that included DMFL.
    That is pretty funny Sweeper! What does ole Carlos think we old goats are stupid? Nothing more, nothing less. If it says it is for retarded people it must be a deal. Hmmph.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tszefr View Post
    That is pretty funny Sweeper! What does ole Carlos think we old goats are stupid? Nothing more, nothing less. If it says it is for retarded people it must be a deal. Hmmph.
    Well, see for yourself. Here are the 2 phones I bought with the Senior Value Cellphone packaging.

Feedback Score
    - Lighted keys
    - Large text
    - 911 ELA
    - HAC

Great phone features for a senior citizen.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, but aren't they the same phones and included accessories as the standard versions? For $5 more?

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Yeah, but aren't they the same phones and included accessories as the standard versions? For $5 more?

Evidently yes (in this case). Stores set the selling price, not Tracfone. I doubt that Tracfone charges more for the SVC logoed phone than the Tracfone logoed version. Another thing is that one of the SVC logoed phones had a car charger and headset included, that could explain the $5 difference also (I don't know which package you saw, so I cannot say for certain).

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Well, see for yourself. Here are the 2 phones I bought with the Senior Value Cellphone packaging.

Neither model has DMFL. They need to remove the words(s) VALUE and THE LEAST EXPENSIVE PHONE FOR SENIORS, to meet truth in advertising. This is not the best value in a Tracfone. My LG 600 has the same size numbers displayed, when dialing someone.

Feedback Score
    Although not Tracfone, the back page of many veterans monthly magazines have similiar phones - large numbers and prepaid. And much more expensive to use than Tracfone.

So yes, there are others out there taking advantage of "seniors".

I have no idea if this Tracfone is a better or lessor deal than the regular Tracfone.

Phones
    LG-VX8300
    Moto W376
    LG-225
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone marketing is not taking advantage of seniors. I have given T101g Bundles to several seniors that were talking about buying a Jitterbug. They are very happy with both the handset and the low cost of ownership. The K-Mart in Mount Dora, Florida is offering the Samsung T-155g in two different packages. One is in the bundle package with accessories and the other is in a White and Gold Senior Value Cellphone package. Both packages have an orange sticker on them that states New Offer DMFL and both packages are priced $14.95.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This isn`t new with Tracfone. Look at the two offerings for the same phone (T101G - listed side by side) top of the area with the white background. Which is the better deal?

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...ew&market=GSM4

Feedback Score
    It depends which you value more: A DMFL card or an accessory kit. I'm assuming a refurb phone is going to be as good as a new one. I'm also assuming that most of us would discard the actual phone.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I have gotten a couple of phones lately that although not listed on a package they did have dmfl that was the 220c and the 420g they both said they had dmfl on activation and nothing was listed on the pgk or anywhere else but when activated.

a few years ago I got dad and his wife 370g tracfones and they love them, they are very low usage but gives the the peace of mind of having communication for cheap. by far cheaper than jitterbug and consumer cellular. the basic tracfones are as good of a granny phone as the so called granny phones. they say that they get service anywhere they go. they have att sims and I was able to get them virgin numbers back then, I activated them back to back in the middle of the night and dad's last 4 is 1198 and her last 4 is 1199.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    I have a feeling that some phone models are being standardized to DMFL even though some are already at stores. Like the ESNs are being flagged behind the scenes. This is smart and avoids future aggravation. I guess one would have to call CS to confirm DMFL before opening the package. But I think unsuspecting customers are adding DMFL to phones that already have it.

Patty is definitely our ace reporter. Good reading.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To me it makes better business practice to assign the DMFL to the phones S/N thru a program at activation than to include a card with the phone. Having to Mfg. the card, make sure it goes with the phone, using CS`s time to put it on the phone if the owner uses a CS.

When you order a bundle with DMFL you really don`t know how DMFL will come till you open the shipment. They could switch back and forth between a card and it being programmed at will.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast