Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Droid X dropping 3G signal....

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a670 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Droid X dropping 3G signal....

I've had my new Droid X for a week, and I've noticed that it keeps dropping the 3G signal and switches to 1X quite frequently. My girlfriend also has a DX and her's shows 3G with a good signal while mine is right next to it showing 1X. Anybody think this is normal, or should I try and exchange it?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It happens on my original Droid every now and then. I'm not quite sure but I think it has to do with Verizon's CDMA network and not being able to do data and voice at the same time. When I get a text or phone call, my data connection gets interrupted and occasionally signal indicator goes from 3G to 1X.

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    I've seen the same thing.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a670 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So is it an issue with hardware, firmware, or the network? Do I take the phone back and exchange it for a new one?

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID 2 (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If it's happening when you're getting text messages, it's not an issue. It's the nature of CDMA. If you're just randomly surfing the net, have good reception, and then it drops to 1X, you might want to see about an exchange.

Of course, you'll probably have to wait a month to actually find one, but that's another story entirely...
    The Squared Cube

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    I guess I have a sidebar question about 'Time w/o a Signal' on my battery use stats. Why would it be 40% when I'm sitting here looking at perfectly usable voice bars and the phone hasn't move since I uplugged it this morning?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Cell Standby/Time without Signal is a reporting error in the Android system. It has occurred on various leaked and custom ROMs for the Droid and is apparently still in the Droid X 2.1.

There is a fix for it that has been built into CM for Droid and a few other ROMs.

For now it's probably best to just ignore it until an official fix is released for the DX.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Great, thanks.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The drop to 1X happens at my house, at my office it's always 3G. I'm not too concerned about it. Now if I wasn't able to use data or voice when I need it, that would be different.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Easiest way to get it out of 1X if its not going back to 3G is by going into airplane mode for a few seconds and then out of it.

Device(s)
    iphone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I also had this issue. "Had" since I'm exchanging the phone as now I completely drop all data, no 3G or 1X sign, and only show a couple of bars. Keep in mind this happens while the phone is stationary in one place.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    my phone always drops to 1x whenever i am in a call or send a text message. verizons network can't handle voice and data over 3g. ive noticed this with my droid x, original droid, and my samsung omnia 1 and 2.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 9/21/12, ViPhone 4 2/11/11,Droid X 7/13/10 Droid Incredible 4/28/10 Motorola Droid 11/3/09,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have this issue all of the time, and have had it with 2 different Droid X's. My phone could be stationary, and still switch back and forth from 1X to 3G, in a 3G area. This happens when my other lines with a Motorola Droid and Droid Incredible are not having this problem at all. I called VZW tech support and they did a trouble ticket. The best thing to do is call Tech Support so they can do a ticket.
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Did this ever get sorted for you bkw13? I've seen the exact same thing on two X's here.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 9/21/12, ViPhone 4 2/11/11,Droid X 7/13/10 Droid Incredible 4/28/10 Motorola Droid 11/3/09,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dequardo View Post
    Did this ever get sorted for you bkw13? I've seen the exact same thing on two X's here.
    Unfortunately, it has not been resolved. Tech Support said that they escalated the issue, but I'm not sure what's going to happen next.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast