Phones
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Their rep was not fully informed on what their product mgmt team has rolled out for the Q2. Yes, there is a new software application that enables you to install firmware updates on their various headset models (only runs on XP or 7 32-bit, btw), and once you install it and follow the steps for the Q2, you will be prompted to install the 1.1 firmware for that model.

I can't tell any big differences on 1.1 over 1.0.
    Ok, since you actually installed the software and the firmware, I believe you!
    Problem is, we are an all MAC house, and the installer only works on WIN32..My wife has a win32 laptop at work, and I didnt want to have her bother to bring it home just to install a "software installer", but, since there is actual firmware update out there, I will go that route.
    thanks

Phone
    Treo 650
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded to 1.1 on the q2 and the voice announcement is actually loud enough that you can hear who's calling. Now if they will allow you to turn off A2dp, like on the q1, it will work great for me as I have to constrantly turn the headset off and on.

Feedback Score
    Cant you do this to through your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by NWR View Post
    I upgraded to 1.1 on the q2 and the voice announcement is actually loud enough that you can hear who's calling. Now if they will allow you to turn off A2dp, like on the q1, it will work great for me as I have to constrantly turn the headset off and on.

Phones
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Magic
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just ordered a Q2 directly from Blueant online using their $30 off promotion. Hoping that it won't be long before I receive it (I'm in the Toronto area). My biggest fear is it doesn't sit well on my ear (very few BT headsets fit properly on my ear for some reason). I guess I'll have to wait and see once I get it. My other fear is the outgoing sound quality....I had gone through two Blueant Supertooth 3 units and all I got was complaints from people on the other end that my voice was cutting in and out and very choppy. Im hoping the technology in the Q2 is different or else I could be facing the same dilemna...I guess only time will tell once I receive the headset and test it out.

Phone
    Treo 650
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I turn bluetooth off on the iphone4 and the phone rings then I have to go back into settings and bluetooth and turn it on. By that time the call will go to voicemail. The other workaround has the same result. You turn the q2 off so that you can hear your calendar alarms, email etc. and then when the phone rings you can turn on the q2 and wait for it to connect with the iphone4 and by that time it goes to voicemail as well. If anyone has another solution, I would appreciate it. It had to be a problem with the q1 as well, as Blueant came out with a seperate firmware version that did not install A2dp.

Phones
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    sounds like another IPhone 4 issue; I've tried this with 3 android phones, and it works perfectly..
    can't you hear the alarms through the Q2? Isn't ALL the audio getting re-routed through the Q2 when its on?

Phone
    Treo 650
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That is the problem. If you don't wear the q2 all the time than you can't hear alarms etc. as they all come thru the q2. I want the ability to keep the q2 on and turn off A2dp so I don't have to turn the headset on again when my iphone rings. Blueant recognized that with the q1 and gave you the choice to download a
    firmware version without A2dp. I am hoping that they will give you that choice soon is a firmware upgrade. Otherwise, I am very happy with the q2 so far.

Feedback Score
    Wow.... How lame of iPhone. My Android settings let me turn off A2DP.

Phones
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok, now i understand..

whats weird is sometimes when I have the Q2 powered on, I can still hear alerts through my phone AND my Q2..
    Using an HTC EVO on Sprint..

Phones
    V60i, V60c
    V8160, V3682
    StarTac 8000g, StarTac 8500
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Q2 Firmware Update - Link? + 64-Bit Software Release Update

Everyone,

A couple of quick notes that I thought I would share:

1) The BlueAnt website now says that the 64-bit firmware update software will be out in Oct. Hopefully they will stick to the timeline, as I know it would help many of us.
    2) I can't find the Q2 v1.1 firmware on the website. The only downloads I see are the Q2 firmware update software and firmware instructions. But no v1.1. If anyone has specifics about v1.1 (ie. list of fixes + link to the update on BlueAnt website) that would be hugely helpful.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Phones
    V60i, V60c
    V8160, V3682
    StarTac 8000g, StarTac 8500
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Second Time Is Not A Charm...

I tried exchanging my first Q2 due to very poor range (as with all of my other BlueAnt headsets) and it was not at all improved. My Plantronics 975 must have 5x the range (I am not exaggerating) vs. the first 2 Q2s that I tried.

At this point I am going to hope that it is more widely released within a month so I can buy it at a discount somewhere else (brick and mortar retailers) and return my 2nd AT&T unit.

Overall I really love the performance of this headset, and I have tried EVERYTHING, but the range is currently a bit of a bummer. The headset is good enough that I will live with it, if need be, but fixing the range issue would make this headset my #1 pick for sure...

Phones
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Moto Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyr View Post
    I tried exchanging my first Q2 due to very poor range (as with all of my other BlueAnt headsets) and it was not at all improved. My Plantronics 975 must have 5x the range (I am not exaggerating) vs. the first 2 Q2s that I tried.

At this point I am going to hope that it is more widely released within a month so I can buy it at a discount somewhere else (brick and mortar retailers) and return my 2nd AT&T unit.

Overall I really love the performance of this headset, and I have tried EVERYTHING, but the range is currently a bit of a bummer. The headset is good enough that I will live with it, if need be, but fixing the range issue would make this headset my #1 pick for sure...
    Exactly one of the main reasons I returned mine. Like you, I'm waiting for a brick and mortar other than AT&T to start carrying the Q2.
    As of now, I broke down and decided to give the JB Icon (Rouge) a shot. And so far I'm quite impressed (especially after doing a firmware update).
    :Add sig here:

Phones
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    by range do you mean how far you can walk away from your phone and still stay connected, or something else?
    and, what kinds of phones are you having a problem with?

I dont usually walk away from my phone that far when using my headset, so I have had ZERO issues using the Q@ with my HTC EVO

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Everyone,

A couple of quick notes that I thought I would share:

1) The BlueAnt website now says that the 64-bit firmware update software will be out in Oct. Hopefully they will stick to the timeline, as I know it would help many of us.
    2) I can't find the Q2 v1.1 firmware on the website. The only downloads I see are the Q2 firmware update software and firmware instructions. But no v1.1. If anyone has specifics about v1.1 (ie. list of fixes + link to the update on BlueAnt website) that would be hugely helpful.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    The website doesn't list the firmware versions. As I posted earlier, once you download the software app for firmware updates, and select the Q2, it will prompt you with the option of installing the latest 1.1 firmware.

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Range is dependent upon the chipset in both the phone and the chipset in the headset. For example, the range of the Q2 with my MacBook Pro isn't that great, whereas the range between the Q2 and my iPhone 4 is excellent (20+ feet).

It could also be a QA issue with the headset you have, but perhaps not.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast