Thread: Who is my cell phone carrier/provider behind my MVNO

Feedback Score

Who is my cell phone carrier/provider behind my MVNO

Hello,

I think it was this website someone published a site that you can
    type your cell phone number into and find out who the carrier/provider
    behind your MVNO, in this case tracfone.

I tried googling it, but so far all i have come up with is junk sites.

I think someone here knows a good site that will give accurate info as to who
    is the carrier/provider behind your MVNO prepaid cell phone

Sorry to ask again is this was recently answered, but any info much appreciated.

I am trying to figure out if I have Att or T mobile or whoever I have on my cell phone
    and a friends cell phone

thank you for any info

Feedback Score
    especially if the number was ported in and once belonged to a landline

thank you

Feedback Score
    wirelessamberalerts.org

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you are wondering what provider will be assigned to your GSM phone before it`s activated, you can look at the first six digits of the SIM S/N on the card: AT&T = 890141 & T-Mobile = 890126. There is also a code they use on SIM cards, packaging and paper work: C4 = AT&T & T5 = T-Mobile (the number behind the letter being the most important part).

Phone
    LG VS410
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you are wondering what provider will be assigned to your GSM phone before it`s activated, you can look at the first six digits of the SIM S/N on the card: AT&T = 890141 & T-Mobile = 890126. There is also a code they use on SIM cards, packaging and paper work: C4 = AT&T & T5 = T-Mobile (the number behind the letter being the most important part).
    There is now a third, but it's only in Puerto Rico. CL7 on the SIM card is Claro, which is owned by América Móvil.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    There is now a third, but it's only in Puerto Rico. CL7 on the SIM card is Claro, which is owned by América Móvil.
    Thanks for the info.

Do you know the zip codes that will bring up the CL7 sims?
    What about the market code? It should look something like GSM4 or GSM5AT or COGSM4.
    The info would be very helpful.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Thanks for the info.

What about the market code? It should look something like GSM4 or GSM5AT or COGSM4.
    I tried to get the list, but San Juan, PR zip codes bring up the GSM4 list. If anyone knows PR enough to be able to name some of the small out of the way towns so I can get a zip code (if you have the zip, please post it) and check them for Claro's list, please post it here.

Phone
    LG VS410
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Thanks for the info.

The info regarding CL7 being Claro was found in Wikipedia's article on TracFone. I cannot verify the accuracy of the article.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    The info regarding CL7 being Claro was found in Wikipedia's article on TracFone. I cannot verify the accuracy of the article.

Usually Wikipedia is fairly accurate. I don't know how thoroughly they vet their editors today, but so far the information I have found on it has cross-referenced perfectly to other sources. At one point they were taking on anyone that was willing to edit or write (which caused a few problems when they first started up), so we are lucky that Wikipedia is so accurate today. I think the biggest problem would be issues that involve writer opinions and making sure all of the different factions are represented.

Phone
    LG VS410
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127 View Post
    Usually Wikipedia is fairly accurate. I don't know how thoroughly they vet their editors today, but so far the information I have found on it has cross-referenced perfectly to other sources. At one point they were taking on anyone that was willing to edit or write (which caused a few problems when they first started up), so we are lucky that Wikipedia is so accurate today. I think the biggest problem would be issues that involve writer opinions and making sure all of the different factions are represented.
    I have to admit that when I saw that, it was good to see (if the info is indeed, correct) that America Movil has TracFone operating on their own network down there. They acquired the former Verizon assets in Puerto Rico a while back.