Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Opera Mini 5.1, 4.2 or Bolt browser on Samsung T401G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,063
    Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0

    Opera Mini 5.1, 4.2 or Bolt browser on Samsung T401G

    Several posters have mentioned that all versions of Opera Mini and the latest Bolt browser work on the LG 620G. Has anyone tried these alternate browsers on the Samsung T401G and did they work?
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,668
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Several posters have mentioned that all versions of Opera Mini and the latest Bolt browser work on the LG 620G. Has anyone tried these alternate browsers on the Samsung T401G and did they work?
    This probably won`t address your questions, but it still may be helpful in other respects (or to other people):
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...P&locale=en_US

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    BRISTOL TN
    Posts
    212
    Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[TF268435458908196422000000014238951097] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap
    Several posters have mentioned that all versions of Opera Mini and the latest Bolt browser work on the LG 620G. Has anyone tried these alternate browsers on the Samsung T401G and did they work?
    This probably won`t address your questions, but it still may be helpful in other respects (or to other people):
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...P&locale=en_US
    ..3or4wks ago before i return my t401g because of the poor reception from att..i tried 2dl opera bolt and they would dl but when uopen those browsers it says not logged into the internet...so no i could not get bolt or opera..ive been wondering if bolt could be dl from a laptop using a usb cable..oh 1 other thing,the 620g will allow bolt and opera..!!!
    Last edited by rcrhow; 07-30-2010 at 01:42 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,063
    Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrhow View Post
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[TF268435458908196422000000014238951097] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)



    ..3or4wks ago before i return my t401g because of the poor reception from att..i tried 2dl opera bolt and they would dl but when uopen those browsers it says not logged into the internet...so no i could not get bolt or opera..ive been wondering if bolt could be dl from a laptop using a usb cable..oh 1 other thing,the 620g will allow bolt and opera..!!!
    Thanks rcchow, that confirms my fears. It sounds like the Samsung blocks third party apps from accessing the web just like Net10 and Tracfone GSM phones do. If that's the case, sideloading the app wouldn't help.

Similar Threads

  1. Opera mini browser on vx8550? (Chocolate 2)
    By mvaj92 in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 01:40 AM
  2. Lg Lotus browser switch to Opera Mini
    By Hubert Hickey in forum Regular Phone Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
  3. BB browser vs Opera Mini
    By hshaikh in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
  4. Opera Mini 4.2 Default Browser
    By V3~157 in forum Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 12:59 AM
  5. Web browsing news: Opera Mini 5b; no Iris browser any more; Fennec 1.0b3
    By Menneisyys in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks