Feedback Score

Question What phone(s) did you use before Iphone 4?

Just curious how do you guys find it compared to your previous phone(s).

For me, I absolutely love my Iphone 4. I had used the following phone in the past. In my opinion, I would rank them in the following orders:

Iphone 4
    Nexus one
    Iphone 3GS
    Iphone 3G
    Blackberry Bold (sorry rim)

Coming from a Nexus One, I would say android 2.2 is not a bad experience at all. However, the touch screen (non glass), poor exchange support (it's terrible), and the poor camera just don't cut it for me.

Nevertheless, there are things I would miss, such as free google navigation and gesture search. I wish apple would implement those feature in the future but I highly doubt it (Google must have a patent on those).

So what are the things you like/dislike about Iphone 4?

Phones
    IP6
    w890i, c510a, ONYX, IP4, IP4S, S3, IP5, IP5S, IP6
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i would love to get on the ip4 bandwagon ... i am very impressed with the phone i got for my gf. Few things i cannot overlook are:

- cursor issue ... i.e you cannot go back to correct just part of an entry in lot of entry boxes.
    - I like the push rim has for non corp users and its free... with apple nothing like that for free.
    - for bb i can do wireless sync for my contacts/calendar/notes etc etc without bes... nothing for ip4.
    - overall voice/signal reception is not as good as my bb.

- Browsing is the worst on bb... ip4 is ahead by miles.
    - i like the fact things work and don't slow down my bb when i have 10+ tabs in opera slows down.
    - The screen is fantastic on the ip4.

Basically i would jump ship if i was able to sync wirelessly on ip4 and was able to access my pop3 email wihtout it locking the pop3 account.

For people who dont want push email and the outlook integration ip4 is the way to go.

I hear if you are an exchange user ip4 really becomes like a bb in terms of push email and syncing.

Feedback Score
    Google offers free exchange service for gmail address(contact sync included). so if you are a gmail user, you can get free push service on the Iphone... and believe or not, the push is actually better than native gmail push support on android.

if you are a yahoo user or hotmail user, you can always have your email forward to an gmail address to get it pushed. There is no reason to stay with BB just because you need a free push service.

I also agree with you on BB's browser. Practically, it's useless. It is a pain in the @## if you had to look something up with bb's browser.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    iPhone 5 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was using a SE X10, BB 9700, and an iPhone 2G. I will say that the iPhone 4 and 9700 are the best/favorite phones I've used to date.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by porksoda View Post
    i would love to get on the ip4 bandwagon ... i am very impressed with the phone i got for my gf. Few things i cannot overlook are:

- cursor issue ... i.e you cannot go back to correct just part of an entry in lot of entry boxes.
    Is this what are you looking for?

http://www.gotknowhow.com/articles/m...or-text-iphone

Phones
    iPhone
    Hiptop2 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    - iPhone 3G
    - iPhone 2G
    - Hiptop2
    - Hiptop1
    - AudioVox POS. (Don't remember the exact model, but it was a POS...)
    - Motorola StarTac

...before that, I dont' even remember... I've been using cellphones since the Cantel Amigo days so I've had my share.
    HoFo'er for 8 years and counting.

Quality, Not Quantity.

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by porksoda View Post

- I like the push rim has for non corp users and its free... with apple nothing like that for free.
    - for bb i can do wireless sync for my contacts/calendar/notes etc etc without bes... nothing for ip4.
    - overall voice/signal reception is not as good as my bb.

Basically i would jump ship if i was able to sync wirelessly on ip4 and was able to access my pop3 email wihtout it locking the pop3 account.

For people who dont want push email and the outlook integration ip4 is the way to go.

I hear if you are an exchange user ip4 really becomes like a bb in terms of push email and syncing.
    Dude like seriously the iPhone has all those things... It's called Gmail!
    17.50 ("killer plan": 200 mins by the second, unlimited E/W from 5pm) + 10 (retention VP: 2500 SMS, CD, VM) + 30 (data plan: 6GB with tethering) - 10 (data credit)
    = $47.50 + 911 + tax
    If you're selling a good plan on Telus, Bell, or Rogers, PM me.

Phones
    IP6
    w890i, c510a, ONYX, IP4, IP4S, S3, IP5, IP5S, IP6
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by me815 View Post
    hehehe yes the gf showed me how to use it after i posted it.

overall still impressed but i am not sure if ill jump my bb boat over to iphone esp now the webkit browser is imminent.

Feedback Score
    -3GS
    -3G
    -samsung jack ( garbage phone )
    -Nokia N95

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by unquick
    Google offers free exchange service for gmail address(contact sync included). so if you are a gmail user, you can get free push service on the Iphone... and believe or not, the push is actually better than native gmail push support on android.

if you are a yahoo user or hotmail user, you can always have your email forward to an gmail address to get it pushed. There is no reason to stay with BB just because you need a free push service.

I also agree with you on BB's browser. Practically, it's useless. It is a pain in the @## if you had to look something up with bb's browser.
    Yahoo Mail on iPhone is pushed. Hotmail is the only 1 and that's because MS doesn't want to provide a free environment that would attract it's small business users.

Yahoo's contacts and calendars doesn't sync with iPhone wirelessly though and that's a shame.

Overall I like Google Apps the most and with the multiple sign-in roll out I will love it even more.

I have found some shortcomings of Google Sync's Exchange emulation. Such things as searching for emails on the server never works for me. The date range works but iPhone doesn't give me enough options. I wish syncing up to a # of recent mail works but it doesn't. Only date ranges are working.

I also have a beef with Google Contacts. I can't for the life of me to have the email address type to sync. I set Home, Work all the time but they never sync properly and eventually becomes Other by default.

These shortcomings are not all that bad though for a free Exchange-like environment. You can always use the excellent Gmail mobile interface on Safari to search your archives.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    iPhone 3G
    And prior to that, a mess of Nokia, Motorola and Sanyo dumb phones. Ah, the dark days...

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    iPhone 5 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you were asking overall. Thatsva big list. But the ones I listed were over the course of the last year.