Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ...so sick of this damned HD2

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

...so sick of this damned HD2

I am / was a big Windows Mobile fan. I got the HD2 on launch day and for the first couple of months this thing was great. Lately, its become the worse phone I've ever known.

Reception was never fixed with the update. [the update made the phone worse.]
    I've gone through 2 SIM cards with this thing. They just burn out.
    My speaker died last week.
    I ordered a replacement last week which was promised to me in 3 days. I have yet to see it.

I really wanted to like the lasted WM device but enough is enough. No more. Back to Android.
    United States of America 1776 - 2001 RIP

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Recently I jumped to Android (nexus one) and I am happy with my decision.
    The only annoyance of HD2 is touchscreen. TouchInput is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke218 View Post
    I am / was a big Windows Mobile fan. I got the HD2 on launch day and for the first couple of months this thing was great. Lately, its become the worse phone I've ever known.

Reception was never fixed with the update. [the update made the phone worse.]
    I've gone through 2 SIM cards with this thing. They just burn out.
    My speaker died last week.
    I ordered a replacement last week which was promised to me in 3 days. I have yet to see it.

I really wanted to like the lasted WM device but enough is enough. No more. Back to Android.

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I enjoy my HD2, reception is great.
    even the multiple-touch touchscreen sucks.
    I just traveled 2 EU countries and two Asian countries, worked anywhere with GSM or 3G

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    My HD2 Works Great. Reception is as good as any phone I've had, and now you can boot android on it. This phone is a keeper for me.
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Carrier(s)
    tetamovil
    Feedback Score
    ^ word

i ran Froyo for a week, great reception, 4.3" GSM Android. would've been a keeper if not for the short battery life with the froyo test builds, so I'm back to WinMo. Froyo is on-call in my microSD.

After the initial winmo tweaks and customizations, i no longer have to fiddle with the phone. Still using stock 2.10rom, with new 2.12 radio. I must admit i hate the iCrap-inspired Crapacitive touchscreen, would prefer resistive screen to navigate the websites, but you can't have them all. Definitely a keeper.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know its not what Android has become but last night I pulled out my G1 and decided to stick with WM!

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I know its not what Android has become but last night I pulled out my G1 and decided to stick with WM!
    G1 is getting old as it won't get 2.x official update. Nexus One, on the other hand, is great.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    HTC is trying to ruin WM ....
    they built nice multiple-touch touchscreen on Nexus one, but bad multiple-touch touchscreen on HD2

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got a replacement HD2 yesterday. Its like night and day! The reception is 10 times better. I got my first one on launch day. I think I had a defective unit.

Android seemed rather - for lack of a better term - childish to me.

So once again, I am in love with WindowsMobile... Until they put that crap Windows Mobile 7 out then I think its back to the Razr!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung S3 HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Deke218, out of curiosity, could you post the Software Info of your new phone (OS version, Manila version, ROM version, Radio version). Thanks.

Device(s)
    NEXUS ONE
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Deke218, could you please tell me what it is that you like about windows mobile and what you didn't/don't like about android
    NO PHONE IS TOO EXPENSIVE!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got a replacement HD2 yesterday. Its like night and day! The reception is 10 times better. I got my first one on launch day. I think I had a defective unit.

So once again, I am in love with WindowsMobile... Until they put that crap Windows Mobile 7 out then I think its back to the Razr!!!
    How is WP7 "crap"? It just looks WAY too promising for it to be anywhere near failure.

And what do you dislike about Android?
    Last edited by i6mpower; 08-08-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

That's great! I bought mine of Craigslist. I guess I'm just lucky it was a good one. Now matter how much that I want to like android, I do love my windows mobile. I really like the weather wallpaper. I also have cookies hometab, and I love the way that I have so many quicklinks. I just like the whole package over the way android works. Plus I have a couple of programs that only run on winmo. I love have office on winmo. I will keep trying android, but right now, I like winmo better.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Still on my launch unt and no problems, especially once I disabled HTC non-Sense. Just started using radio 2.12 and it seems a lot better. Still the best WM device out there and obviously will be the last. Itching to get WP7!!
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I could get a perfect condition HD2 on craigslist for like $240-280. The only reason I'm hesitating on buying this phone is because of Windows Phone 7 that will come out soon. The WM6.5 will be completely obsolete, and I probably won't be able to sell it if I don't like the phone later on. :|

Really don't know if I should just do it or get some more cash and buy a Samsung Vibrant or perhaps an N1 if I could find it cheap. Don't really want to spend $400+ on a phone though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast