Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing non-VM apps on Rumor Touch

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    well the bypass isnt really that much of a hassle but i do get your point and agree, just sometimes it gets a little to far on the unlocking side which coinsides with tethering as well and there is already a thread bout that... i think that the RT should get its own forum cause its became soo popular now, and some thread confusion can be pointed out.
    but other than that, i will try to see what i can uncover about reprogramming this phone with the use of corrupted files and other various methods, there was that one app that i installed that cause my phone to repeatitly restart my phone, never tried to see if it affected the ports but i doubt it considering it would only restart after a few seconds of the phone being fully booted up. i also do not recomend trying any of the corrupted file strategies considering that it could permantantly brick your phone, i just got lucky and was able to restore my phone within the 2-3 seconds i could

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I had left you a post asking what you thought of a java app to stall the OS or trick it into thinking its powering down/up and essentially putting it in standby mode. I think that may be a good choice or creating an app like knockia that can mathematically figure out the MSL code.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    well as of right now im out of a phone.... in the middle of a txt it bricked itself (did absolutely nothing that could cause it) see my thread for additional info
    and yea that would be a grat idea and as soon as my phone is working, or if i have to get another phone, i will try to see what i can develope to stall the boot up, im an expert googler

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Super Excited about BlueFTP!!!!

Ok, so I discovered what I could do with BlueFTP, especially v.1.6 yesterday.

It is a local file manager (forget the bluetooth), and it has compression/extraction ablities as well as rename abilities.

I've successfully extracted app zip files from http://rumortouchapps.dual-servers.com/browse.php without using the PC at all!!

I love to find ways to have the phone be as independent of other devices as possible and this app brings it just "this much closer" to being self sufficient.

It also has the rename abilities, which is useful for ringtones. Just download from Zedge or Audiko using Opera Mini and rename the mp3 to 3g2 as we all know how to do at this point.

BlueFTP also plays music and video (even in the background, although I haven't fully tested how well this works say, over time).

I wrote another hub on the topic at Hubpages if ya'll have any other questions.

http://hubpages.com/_hforums/hub/Blu...en-Easier?done

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samusishere View Post
    yeah, vm is useless, when i called about it they just told me that they wernt allowed to give out the info and that it needed to be escalted to headqurters.
    I haven't actually tried this regarding this topic, but I have a lot more success talking to Virgin Mobile when I can email them. You would think it would be more of an annoyance, but they almost always get back to me within a day and are very efficient. Then there is not the language barrier and the lack of tech understanding and dropped called and all the other CRAP i think we've all experience when trying to talk to their customer service people.

Might not do any good, but I thought I would share how I communicate with them.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That blueftp app is pretty nice, I cant wait to explore it further. I downloaded a few from different sources but this one here is the cracked version so enjoy...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that @PxToro. It is flipping nice! I have been so flipping excited all day!!!!!

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome....I played an mp3 and a video but I have to figure out how to play multiple mp3's. I'll leave it for tomorrow.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PxToro View Post
    Your welcome....I played an mp3 and a video but I have to figure out how to play multiple mp3's. I'll leave it for tomorrow.
    There is a "select all" in the menu....I'll have to try it out too.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.1.21214/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Ill have to check this out as soon as my phone is charged. (it fixed itself somehow after an hr and a half)

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.1.21214/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitestalkr

Ill have to check this out as soon as my phone is charged. (it fixed itself somehow after an hr and a half)
    I cant tell you how many times random gadgets, laptops, and phones have done this to me ha!

Feedback Score

Qr code scanner

Here is a link to a working 2d code scanner. http://www.upc.fi/en/upcode/download/

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sam69 View Post
    Here is a link to a working 2d code scanner. http://www.upc.fi/en/upcode/download/
    I tried that one, and couldnt get it to work

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sam69 View Post
    What model did you select?

Feedback Score
    I chose the LG LX550

Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast