Phones
    DROID
    Centro
    enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LOW volume incoming calls??

id say one out of 4 times when i get an incoming call, the volume of the incoming is extremely low and i have to hang up and call back to be able to hear them. ive checked the volume level and it is all the way up as it always is.

i originally thought it may have been the Call Filter app that i had, but i uninstalled that weeks ago (just to see if that was the culprit) and still having the same issue. any one else encounter this or do you know if verizon will do anything to fix it other than a hard reset??

Phones
    DROID
    Centro
    enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    oh by the way its the motorola droid... and no i havent hacked the phone at all

Phones
    DROID
    Centro
    enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well thanks for the numerous replies.. i went to my local verizon store and the are sending me a warranty replacement. he said it happens from time to time and theres no software update that can fix it

Feedback Score
    skeptikl, the response to your thread was overwhelming indeed lmao...I googled this same problem and it brought me here. I started having the exact same issue several weeks ago--I've had the phone since February...I also have the Moto Droid. I was discouraged to read they had to replace your phone. I'll take mine to my local Verizon and see if they tell me the same thing. I'll repost here if they do.

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The nexus one has a similar issue, most say they don't hear it ring cause volume is too low. It's fine for me. But the fix is using cyanogen ROM which has audio boost hack which is incredibly loud. That's about all you can do.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Phones
    DROID
    Centro
    enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well i got my replacement and have been transferring over data. contacts was simple of course, and for those of you that dont know, ASTRO allows you to back up all of your apps on ur old DROID (or any android for that matter) and then when u activate ur new phone, simply download ASTRO on the new one, then go to the backup feature and all of your apps are there at the touch of a button/screen. it made the transition from old to new VERY easy