Thread: One-Way Method to Switch from Verizon to Page Plus, Keeping the Same Phone and Number

Feedback Score

One-Way Method to Switch from Verizon to Page Plus, Keeping the Same Phone and Number

I'm a newbie to Page Plus. I appreciate the great info from the gurus of this forum.

My current Verizon contract has expired. Right now it's still active and in a month-to-month service status. I'm planing to switch from Verizon to Page Plus.

I have a situation I'd like to know if there's an easy solution.

I believe my current Verizon cell phone is competible with Page Plus service. I intend to keep both my phone and my phone number. Is there any direct one-step method available that I can switch the service from Verizon to Page Plus on my current phone? Or do I have to go through the traditional three-step methods which being (1) Find a spare phone and activiate the Page Plus service on it. (2) Request to port my number from my current cell phone to the spare phone. (3) Request an ESN exchange and move Page Plus service and my number from the spare phone back to my current cell phone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just go to page plus's official website. Shop Online => Activate, and then select "I want to activate a phone and port my current phone number". Fill out the form and submit. Your phone should be ready to do the OTA activation in a couple of minutes, since you are porting from Verizon. Make sure you make at least one out going call after the OTA activation to actually activate the service. And you account will be credited $2.

Phones
    Motorola v120c
    Motorola v120t
    Carriers
    PagePlus CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Alternatively, call PP customer service (though a lot of discussion suggests that's a fools errand, my experience was to the contrary, admittedly a few years ago). I did exactly what you describe, took about 10 minutes. When I asked when will the transition take place, the answer was "before this call is over"!

Phone
    HTC Incredible; Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Kind of off topic but I wouldn't trust P+ CS to do much of anything so recommend you use the web. When I called customer service a couple days ago a nice sounding guy answered after some hold time. I had a question about data billing as online call records weren't useful. My phone has WiFi and when I told the CS rep that I used that for most larger downloads he said "Aha that's your problem!" When asked what he meant rep said that anytime you use WiFi on a phone with P+ service it is subtracted from your data allocation!! Oh My God!! Said thank you for that piece of wisdom and hung up.
    Len207

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When you're out of contract you can reuse your existing Verizon phone immediately. If an ETF is going to be due, Verizon may block your phone's ESN for a while after you port out. To avoid that, switch your Verizon contract line to an old phone first before porting the number. Then it's going to be the old phone that gets blocked, not the one you want to use on Page Plus.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    When you're out of contract you can reuse your existing Verizon phone immediately. If an ETF is going to be due, Verizon may block your phone's ESN for a while after you port out....
    Um... Why would there be an ETF if it's out of contract? The E stands for Early.

Phone
    MOTO G currently
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    Um... Why would there be an ETF if it's out of contract? The E stands for Early.
    I'm thinking he means if you port out early and you own a termination fee because of that, then Verizon may put a hold on the ESN until you pay the fee ($175 or whatever). Probably a timing / terminology thing but not in this case since the OP said his contract had expired and the assumption is the bill has been paid.

Phones
    droid x
    DROID X
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    as said above port/activate on ppc website yourself or use someone like kitty wireless.

it's done instantly then *22890 on your phone to update it.