Thread: The SuperTab is out!!!

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

The SuperTab is out!!!

SO... The Virgin SuperTab is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT! What are people's opinions on this? Im kind of MEH about it...because if you take a rumor2 for example, on a tab with a 25$ a month plan...it'll take over 4 years to pay it off...so whats the benefit?

I dont know...it kind of came out of nowhere with no warnings or in depth explanation...anyway, i guess time will tell!

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    What is Virgin's ETF policy? It just might give you a little bit of flexibility to get out of your contract early, or to upgrade your phone before your contract would be out.

Phone
    Torch 9800, HTC Sensation (work demo line)
    Carrier
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    The way the supertab works is the same as it would at Koodo...
    your etf on the supertab would be the remainder of the cost of the phone instead of the normal term cancellation fee ($20 per remaing month to a max of $400)

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Too bad this wasn't available when I bought my iPhone 4 last week. I'd likely have gone this way.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I think it's a good deal. Either way you're paying a cancellation fee of sorts but I can justify paying for my phone that I keep rather than some arbitrary number ($20 x remaining months) that probably equals more than the discount they gave on the phone for signing a 3 year. Now... I'm going to hold off and wait to see if more news about the Galaxy S comes out.
    Another insightful and thought provoking post...

Phone
    Torch 9800, HTC Sensation (work demo line)
    Carrier
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    And that's the whole point of the tab and now supertab...
    Customers want a free or low cost phone up front... so instead of locking in to a 2 or 3 year term they are given the flexibility of choosing a no fixed-term option
    you have two choices... go month to month and pay full price up front, or do the supertab and should you want to cancel you just pay off the remainder owing for the phone and keep the phone...
    It will never be higher then the cost of the phone... unlike the current etf in the industry today, which sometimes can be higher then the cost of the handset

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    but see i live in montreal...and with Quebec's Bill60, the tab/supertab is kind of pointless considering with Bill60 you also can't pay more than the value of the phone...lol! But I guess it's worth it for all the other provinces (obviously!)

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well but now Quebec residents will have the chance to upgrade whenever. You're right, in terms of cancelling there is no difference between super tab and 3 year, but super tab will allow you to upgrade sooner.

Feedback Score
    cost wise if you don't plan on canceling, a contract will always be better than the super tab.