Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Online Sprint, Boost, Virgin ESN/MEID Checker by deathtrip

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's a calculation. I'm not sure what you're asking...

hexdec() is a function built into PHP to convert hex to dec, but since the ESN is separated it has to be done in 2 parts, which is the part I put together for the ESN checker.

//my function
    function esnhexdec($hex){
    $parta = sprintf("%03d", hexdec(substr($hex, 0, 2)));
    $partb = sprintf("%08d", hexdec(substr($hex, 2, 6)));
    return $parta . $partb;
    }

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    I got my Daughter a VM rumor touch for christmas. One month later, she said it was stolen out of her locker at school. So I contacted VM and they supposedly listed it as lost or stolen and deactivated the account. She had an old rumor 2 that she reactivated and is using now. I still have the ESN of the rumor touch and put it into your program and it came back as tied to another account. So does this mean it is active and being used? Also is there a way to get a gps location on an ESN?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Only Virgin, or Law Enforcement can on that phone.

Sprint Locator could for phones on Boost, but I dunno about VM.

I'd check with VM and see if they just kept it marked as in use or if whoever stole it put it on another account.

All they need is the PIN and it could have been texted to them from VM CS.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I talked to VM cs and they said the phone is suppose to be listed as lost or stolen. I asked them if there was any way for someone else to reactivate it an they said it would come up as lost or stolen if someone tried to.

Thanks for the ideas and good job on the checker site. To bad you can't give reps on here.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, it might just be a loss.

Sorry for your bad luck.

Phones
    Razr
    W385
    Soon I hope HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    is your site down?
    I have fallen and dont want to get up!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm not exactly sure what happened...

We had to release a fixed MMS Transport Service Book, for those using a Sprint Blackberry on Boost and sometime Sunday the site was hit pretty hard with both traffic and ddos and I'm not sure how or why... but the internal NIC literally died.

No matter what I connect to it, my laptop, my switch, I can not remote into the box, and it won't get online.

So I grabbed one of my USB NICs and plugged it in and the box is online now but it is so slow for some reason.

I have a new PCI NIC that I'm going to stick in there tomorrow and that should fix everything.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Worked Very Well For Me!

I got a great deal on a nearly new Virgin Mobile Optimus on ebay - the seller advised the check the MEID first, as he hadn't. I checked it on the Checker and it showed that it was clean. I also checked my existing phone and it showed that it was tied to an account. So, i took a chance and I am VERY happy, as the total cost of my phone was $108 and it is perfect. It the checker definitely works.

Feedback Score
    Having trouble with this. I enter the MEID HEX number from my Sprint Palm Treo 800w that I just bought on eBay from Alltechwholesale and it returns a screen with a blank box each time I try.

The Hex number is A1000002B7D090.

Can you get it to render a judgment -- clean or otherwise?

Thanks,
    kenwinston

Feedback Score
    I used Sprint Chat and found out that the MEID is clear. Took about 15 minutes, though. Would have loved for the online checker to have worked for me.

And am curious if it works for you when you input that MEID. Maybe it just doesn't like my Chrome browser?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The issue is with the way it calculates "some" HEX MEIDs. I've not had a chance to fix it yet.

-

BETA TESTING

Okay, so tonight I started working on the Verizon portion of my ESN Checker.

Now I need the help of you guys to verify the accuracy of my Verizon ESN Checker.

Please check your ESN (14 digit HEX MEID) and report back if it's accurate. If you know your ESN is bad, check to see if it displays it's bad... If you know your ESN is good, let me know if it shows good/bad, etc, etc...

I appreciate your help in helping me make this work for you.

Test it here --> http://www.howardforums.com/verizon.html

REPORT here --> HowardForums.com - Verizon Wireless - Instant ESN Checker

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update: Finished the "multi-check" feature. You can check multiple Sprint, or Verizon ESNs at one time.

Currently the only way to select between the two carriers is with a radio button. You can not check the two carriers together at the same time.

You are required to use 11 and 18 digit DEC for Sprint, or 8 and 14 digit HEX for Verizon at this time.

I've been messing with it off and on this morning and it appears to be working okay for me.

Note: When checking more than 1 ESN, expect a little extra delay as the system is processing multiple numbers at a time.

Feedback Score
    hey deathtrip is the service down i cant find it using any browser. <frustrated> but love your service. James

Feedback Score
    I also noticed the site is down. I saw before it went down that there was a possibility of it being attacked. Hope you're able to get back up without too many problems, you're site is much appreciated by many.

As for Verizon ESN's, I have tested it twice and both times it has showed to come up as bad or in use when Verizon's website shows clean for activation. Sprint has never been wrong for me. Just thought I would let you know, thanks for all the hard work.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The server/site is up now. A few days ago someone started a DDoS attack on our DNS provider for our domain names. This caused the names to fail to resolve, but it wasn't an attack directly on our server.

If Verizon's website shows it is "clean" then I should show the same results.

If Verizon's website shows that you need to contact customer service to proceed, then there is no way to know if it's clean or not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast