Thread: sim to micro-sim, how to transfer contacts

Feedback Score

sim to micro-sim, how to transfer contacts

Hi guys,
    So I just received a micro-sim card from Fido, the iphone is due tomorrow. My question is that I currently have a HTC touch. How do I get my contacts from that phone to the new micro-sim. My contacts are on both my current sim and also in Gmail. Sorry if it's been asked before, but I'm new to this thing, and I want to make sure I don't lose #'s?
    Thanks

Phone
    iPhone 5s 32GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    if all your contacts are on Gmail then just set up your new iPhone to use Google Exchange and it'll pull them from the cloud
    trekkie604 [ Phone Photos ]

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply....once I get them from google exchange, is there a way to put them on micro-sim?
    I ask as if I ever lost gmail, at least the contacts would be stored somewhere else.

Phone
    iPhone 5s 32GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    You can export your contacts from Gmail to store them locally. I don't think there is a way to have the iPhone write to the SIM, there are way too many fields.

Phones
    blackberry bold 9700
    iphone 3gs 32gb
    iphone 3g 16gb
    Carrier
    fido
    Feedback Score
    sync contacts from your phone with microsoft outlook then sync microsoft outlook with itunes. I did that going from my 9700 to iphone4

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek. View Post
    You can export your contacts from Gmail to store them locally. I don't think there is a way to have the iPhone write to the SIM, there are way too many fields.
    Its really annoying how few phones have the ability to write to contacts to SIM and how other phones cant recognize multiple numbers on single contacts saved on SIMs when importing.

For those that do like this feature. Sony Ericsson phones have this ability as far as the non smartphones that I have used is concerned. Multiple phone numbers, emails, birthdays and other info u can save on contacts. saved to sim then Android can grab all of those contacts and the phone numbers and emails still remain attached to a single contact unlike many phones out there that will simply just give you new individual contacts of the same name each with only a single number.