Thread: Checking Remaining Minutes From Phone

Feedback Score

Checking Remaining Minutes From Phone

I want to have the pre-announce turned off, but still would like to check my remaining minutes (and text) from the phone. Is there any way to do this? I know you can check it from the website, but that is slow and unreliable and often fails. a *67 or something would be nice.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure there's not a quick easy way to do it. I think the slow, unreliable website is the only resource provided to us. And of course, when you check your balance via the website, you now have the pleasure of receiving an annoying text message containing the exact same information you just finished reading on their web page (thanks to some brilliant fool at ST suffering from a cranial-rectal inversion).

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    Yes, coincidentally I think the text messages just started arriving yesterday. Assuming these are free, not that I'm likely to ever use 1000 text messages at this point, unless I sign up for some kind of text allerts.

Phones
    Straight Talk E71
    Nokia E71
    E71
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    on the T401g u can check Remaining Minutes right on the phone, how ever when u go to the Web Site its shows i still have 1000 sms messages and 30mb of Data, tried calling tech Support and they show the Same amount must be a Bug in the System.....I do not how ever get the TXT msg from ST with the Balance, ?Upgraded from the 451 to the 401 lost all my roll over.....Can't wait to what happens when i Add the 2nd card to this Phone, Enjoyed months of roll over with the last Phone!

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    How is it that "rollover" somehow manages to creep into almost every damn thread at some point? LOL

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux View Post
    How is it that "rollover" somehow manages to creep into almost every damn thread at some point? LOL
    Maybe that will subside now that ST fixed the 'rollover glitch'

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure there's not a quick easy way to do it. I think the slow, unreliable website is the only resource provided to us. And of course, when you check your balance via the website, you now have the pleasure of receiving an annoying text message containing the exact same information you just finished reading on their web page (thanks to some brilliant fool at ST suffering from a cranial-rectal inversion).
    Just checked my balance on the website and DIDN'T get the text message.

Feedback Score
    Tracfones show remaining minutes and days of service right on the "standby screen" of the phone, superimposed right over the wallpaper at all times. This is patented.

However, America Movil, presumably the holder of that patent, owns and runs both Tracfone and Straight Talk. So why can't they also put the minutes/days right on the main standby screen of Straight Talk phones, too?

I'm a Tracfone customer, and boy, is it awesome having that information right there, every time I look at the screen!

Anyone know why they're not doing it on Straight Talk, even when they apparently can?

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    @Mikesplan: Good for you. I just checked mine and got the txt msg immediately afterwards.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    @Mikesplan: Good for you. I just checked mine and got the txt msg immediately afterwards.

just checked again, no txt msg

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    @Mikesplan:Are you on ST GSM or CDMA?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    CDMA. I've only been with ST two weeks now. I did get a txt msg after I checked my balance a day or two after I signed up. But for the last 1 1/2 weeks - no txt msgs.
    I did have them remove the pre-call minute reminder. Maybe they removed the txt msg too ???

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm... Interesting.

I had my PCA turned off a few months back, prior to them starting the balance text msg thing. Maybe I'll give `em a call and ask if they can turn those off as well.
    I gott'a decide which is more annoying - taking the time to call `em and ask about whether they can turn the txts off -vs- just leaving it the way it is and deleting the dumb txt every time.

I'll prolly just leave it the way it is. The thought of calling customer service and dealing with "Raffi Abdul Hassam Fouwad Majad Patel" (a.k.a. "Peggy") is rather unappealing.
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    Last edited by Jack_Indabaux; 08-26-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hum. Checked my wife's balance and she did get a txt msg, checked mine. none.
    We both have PCA turned off, we both txt, so txting works on my phone. Just not getting a balance msg, not the I'm complaining.lol