Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does the Rocket Stick 2.0 work with any routers?

Feedback Score
    Funny i was about to upgrade from rocket 1 to rocket 2 and just read this. I have a cradlept 300 so if it's not support then there is no point. But shouldnt the sticks be the same except for the usb connector? And from the pics it doent look like the 2.0 swivels. That would have been nice as it would have been flush with ur laptop when moving around.

Question is why does 1.0 and not 2.0 work with cradlepoints?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDD View Post
    Funny i was about to upgrade from rocket 1 to rocket 2 and just read this. I have a cradlept 300 so if it's not support then there is no point. But shouldnt the sticks be the same except for the usb connector? And from the pics it doent look like the 2.0 swivels. That would have been nice as it would have been flush with ur laptop when moving around.

Question is why does 1.0 and not 2.0 work with cradlepoints?
    only cradlepoint knows the answer to this - I can tell you that the 1.0 version is made by Huawei and 2.0 version is made by ZTE. I emailed them about this exact question and got this response:

"Unfortunately the ZTE MF691 is not officially supported at this time, so it is not guaranteed to work in any of our devices. Carriers are constantly coming out with new updates and new modems, we provide updates for our devices quarterly. I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience for you"

CP just published a firmware update, 1.7.2, still no support for ZTE 691 (Rocket 2.0)

Device(s)
    SGS II Skyrocket, HP Pre 3, Nexus S, iPhone 4S, Nokia N8 & HTC HD7 (Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the 2.0 Rocket Stick and it does swivel.

Feedback Score

The modems are made by different manufacturers

The Rocket is an HUWAI????? modem. The Rocket 2 is a ZTE MF 691 modem. Look for that modem under Cradlepoint Supported devices and it is not listed as at their latest firmware update.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I made the mistake of upgrading from the rocket to the rocket 2. I wanted that swivel thing so I could hide the stick completely in my portfolio when at work. I also listened to the ridiculous t-mobile advice that the 2 is "better". They swapped the rocket for the rocket 2 for free at least. The rocket 2 is not even recognized by my cradlepoint routers, so I can't even mess with getting them to work, while the rocket worked immediately and even had a signal strength meter. Also, the rocket 2 is only working with my macbook pro, but not my iMac... it seems to have Mac issues which I am currently working on.

Feedback Score
    I am using the Cradlepoint MBR 900, Firmware version 1.7.2, with the WebConnect Rocket and it works great! It did not work out of the box with Firmware 1.6 until I installed the latest firmware at the time which was 1.7. I have not found any router that works with the new, silver Rocket 2.0.

Feedback Score
    The T-Mobile webconnect rocket 2.0 is finally compatible with a 3G router, the NexAira BC2.

More info: Nexaira BC2 Firmware AG 1.2.3.46 adds support for T-Mobile WebConnect Rocket 2.0

Nexaira BC2 3G/4G Router Review

Device(s)
    SGS II Skyrocket, HP Pre 3, Nexus S, iPhone 4S, Nokia N8 & HTC HD7 (Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrey87 View Post
    The T-Mobile webconnect rocket 2.0 is finally compatible with a 3G router, the NexAira BC2.

More info: Nexaira BC2 Firmware AG 1.2.3.46 adds support for T-Mobile WebConnect Rocket 2.0

Nexaira BC2 3G/4G Router Review
    Thanks for pointing this out. I would buy it, but I can't justify the cost of $190 since I don't use T-Mobile internet that much anymore. Clear has taken over as my primary internet connection.

Feedback Score
    I also have the Rocket 2.0 for my laptop....I am being told that the Cradlepoint MBR 900 will work. However what I also need to know if this Cradlepoint will help me get more then 1 bar of service...this is maddening....I am going crazy in and out, in and out...one minute i have service then the next i don't. I cannot search the internet without losing service and having to either reboot or reconnect...its crazy...any help would be appreciated...PLEASE I have ordered a 16ft USB 2.0 Active Repeater...hoping to get another bar or two...it's on its way...but if this cradlepoint will get me better internet service Im all for it...Thanks.....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chall50 View Post
    I also have the Rocket 2.0 for my laptop....I am being told that the Cradlepoint MBR 900 will work. However what I also need to know if this Cradlepoint will help me get more then 1 bar of service...this is maddening....I am going crazy in and out, in and out...one minute i have service then the next i don't. I cannot search the internet without losing service and having to either reboot or reconnect...its crazy...any help would be appreciated...PLEASE I have ordered a 16ft USB 2.0 Active Repeater...hoping to get another bar or two...it's on its way...but if this cradlepoint will get me better internet service Im all for it...Thanks.....
    I have respond to your other post asking for similar help though I dont mind repeating myself.
    Your only true way of increasing signal is by using an external antenna that is more sensitive at picking up weak signals. Unfortunately the Rocket 2.0 does not have an external antenna slot as said in a post in this thread.

The MBR 900 router to an extent will help because it would allow you to place it away from obstructions and in that "sweet spot" with the best signal. Depending on if your computer is a laptop or desktop (most dont have a wifi card) you can also have wifi allowing for better range of motion.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    rocket 2.0 now compatible withcradlepoint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2