Thread: Camera App without shutter sound?

Phone
    Evo 4g
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Camera App without shutter sound?

I can't seem to find an app on the market that doesn't have the shutter sound. I tried SpyShot but it still had the shutter sound. Anyone know of one where I can get one. My phone runs 1.5 if that helps. I want something I can use without that sound when I need to take pics without people knowing.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Spoons View Post
    I can't seem to find an app on the market that doesn't have the shutter sound. I tried SpyShot but it still had the shutter sound. Anyone know of one where I can get one. My phone runs 1.5 if that helps. I want something I can use without that sound when I need to take pics without people knowing.

Thanks,
    The reason they have that sound is so that you can't take pics without them knowing.

Phone
    Evo 4g
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skomes View Post
    The reason they have that sound is so that you can't take pics without them knowing.
    That sucks, there apps for everything else. When I use to have G1 I could take pics without sound. I don't think I was using an app either for it. I want to take pics and post them on twitter.

Phones
    HTC Evo 4G LTE
    BT: Jawbone Prime
    Previous: HTC Evo 4G, Sony Ericsson W580i, Z520a, Jawbone, Cardo Scala 700, Scala 500
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The default camera app that came with my phone, which is made by HTC, has the option to turn the shutter sound on or off. I assume that's the case for all HTC phones.

The only camera app I've downloaded so far is Retro Camera, which also gives you the option of turning off sound. But you probably wouldn't want to use it as your main camera option.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Dream
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Try turning the sound off for your phone. I use the Nexus 1 and long press the power button and select Silent Mode.
    Dragonstar
    Vegetarians eat vegetables.
    Beware humanitarians.

Phone
    Evo 4g
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    The default camera app that came with my phone, which is made by HTC, has the option to turn the shutter sound on or off. I assume that's the case for all HTC phones.

The only camera app I've downloaded so far is Retro Camera, which also gives you the option of turning off sound. But you probably wouldn't want to use it as your main camera option.
    It doesn't seem to work. I selected turn off shutter sound and I still hear it. I guess it just doesn't work on this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonstar1967 View Post
    Try turning the sound off for your phone. I use the Nexus 1 and long press the power button and select Silent Mode.
    It even plays sound it silent mode.

Phone
    Evo 4g
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After a little Google research I found one. It's called SilentCam can be found on the Market for free. Works good but it's seems to only take pics at 480 x 320 resolution. This will suffice for now.

Feedback Score
    Turn down the system volume. An app like Sound Manager or Tone Picker will let you do that.

Phone
    Motorola DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Vignette allows silent shutter. It also improves the pictures taken. It's $3 in the market.
    Verizon Omnia i910
    Elecont launcher/weather, youtubeplay, musicID, PHM registry editor, PocketTV, TCPMP, uno, poker, clearTemp, pocketXpdf, google maps, google search, screen capture, spb keyboard, vito ringtone editor, touch response, password generator, MS.net 3.5, total commander, bing mobile, pockeTwit, vox, midomi, netflix, marketplace, handango appstore, 1800pocketpc appstore, amazeGPS, google mobile, i-nigma, skyfire

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Lovin Vignette, made my Incredible useable for more than regular stuff. I'm a picture buff who is steady hand challenged. Though it'll do silent I have it set to vibrate since I've got shoot set to touch screen not button
    sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Droid
    BB Curve 8330, Voyager, EnV
    LG VX4700(VZW PTT SUX)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's a paid app, but Camera Zoom FX has silent shutter. Plus lots more. Stabilization, pix FX, personality and cartoon props. I thought it was worth the price.
    Can you hear me now?
    BLAH.....