Thread: how to check how many minutes you have?

Feedback Score

how to check how many minutes you have?

I'm on the standard plan and would like to know how many minutes I have. The customer service lady said it's on the account summary page but it's not there (clueless CS reps). The Howard FAQ says to make a phone call and it'll tell you, but it doesn't tell you how many minutes just the dollar balance.

So, how do you find out how many minutes you have?

Phones
    Moto G
    Daughter-Droid Incredible 2
    Son-HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You just have to convert the dollar amount to minutes. It varies according to which card you bought to add money.
    Card Minutes Rate per minute
    $10 100 $0.10
    $25 416 $0.06
    $50 1,000 $0.05
    $80 2,000 $0.04

Carriers
    PagePlus normally, sometimes Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    By far the easiest way to check your balance is to set up an account on the PagePlus website and the add your phone number to the account. I had to open a trouble ticket to have my number added to my account some time ago, but now it seems to be working. Then just check your account balance online without having to make any calls. But in either case you'll have to convert your dollar balance to minutes depending on your purchase.

Feedback Score
    So it sounds like there's no way to see your minutes. What if you bought PINs of differing denominations like I did? This is so lame on PP's part to not have this. Their system obviously knows because they deduct your balance after each phone call. But they can't display it on the accnt summary page? dumb!

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by open umbrella View Post
    So it sounds like there's no way to see your minutes. What if you bought PINs of differing denominations like I did? This is so lame on PP's part to not have this. Their system obviously knows because they deduct your balance after each phone call. But they can't display it on the accnt summary page? dumb!
    Maybe you could have your mom keep track of it for you?
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    LOL

There is a service you can try... offered by T Keith

Text BAL to ppc@tkeith.net
    Use SMS to Check Account Info (Balance, Exp Date, Mins/Texts/Data Remaining)

Phone
    LG EnV3, Motorola Droid3
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There really isn't anyway for PP to do it and not potentially mislead people. If you have a $10 pin & they tell you have have 100 minutes (technically correct, for a while) and then you send a couple of texts, hit the web, or pay your 50 cent service fee - then you don't have 100 minutes. No way PP can honestly give you any more than a rough estimate with a lot of disclaimers.

The simplest way to do it is always buy the same denomination if possible, keep a few bucks extra in the account, or learn how to do simple division. Keeping a larger "cushion" is another alternative or going Unlimited, TnT1200, etc.

Phones
    Moto G
    Daughter-Droid Incredible 2
    Son-HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    They do. On the left side of the page is a call records link. Click it and it will show your last 100 (I believe) calls, texts, or data use. You can see how much each minute is costing you.

Phones
    LG enV2
    LG enV2
    LG VX8300
    Carriers
    Verizon postpaid (enV2, VX8300)
    Feedback Score
    PPC doesn't track "minutes", they track your balance. Your balance can be used for multiple things (airtime, data, TXTs, 411 calls, roaming), so converting a balance into a 'minutes left' isn't necessarily straightforward. If you're really set on knowing how many minutes you have left, you have two choices:
    1: Change to a provider that describes balance in minutes (like tracfone).
    2: Always buy $10 or $50 cards so that your balance is easily converted to airtime... Move the decimal point to the right one place, and (for $50 cards only) multiply by 2. Of course, these airtime estimates assume no other usage, particularly roaming.

Regarding billing of airtime (rate charged), if you first put a $10 card, then put a $50 card on your account, the rate charged is first-in-first-out. In other words, calls will be charged at $0.10/min until the $10 card is depleted, then calls will be charged at $0.05/min.

Feedback Score
    Of course they know how many minutes you have at any given moment. If they know how much money to deduct after each phone call, that means they're tracking the PINs you add and the per-minute value of those PINs. It's a very simple calculation for them to tell you how many minutes you have.

It sounds like they just don't have this feature... I guess some of you think that having the account summary page show your balance is useless too. After all, the user should just simply keep track of all the PINs they added. Give me a break. PP is lame for not telling you the minutes you have remaining at any given moment.

Phone
    LG EnV3, Motorola Droid3
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you're looking at this right or haven't paid attention to those that have commented. For some people like yourself, the money balance may be minutes but for many of us it is not. When I checked my account yesterday I had a $20 balance. Since I'm on a $25 PIN currently that could be 300 minutes - BUT it isn't. I spent an hour or so on the web and made quite a few texts at .08 per. My point is that if PP told be I had 300 minutes left that would not have been correct. It isn't a question of it being a "feature". Misleading customers is not a feature.

Phone
    Samsung Alias 2, HTC Incredible
    Carrier
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Open Umbrella - Your point correct and I agree
    Marty - Your point is also correct but it doesn't make open umbrella's point wrong.

pageplus should be able to say at any given moment (as of 2 hours ago, etc.), you have $xx.xx which equates to ### minutes left of airtime. They can always add a disclaimer, "This balance can be reduced by data, text, etc.".

I actually copy and paste the call records for 4 lines that I manage for my family. Although they seem to have a record of all activity from the phone, they have extraneous records (duplicates) and/or just weird entries that aren't necessary.

However, I can't beat the cost-benefit of using page plus so I put up with the crappy call history. I wish I could just export records monthly to CSV or something similar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty913 View Post
    I don't think you're looking at this right or haven't paid attention to those that have commented. For some people like yourself, the money balance may be minutes but for many of us it is not. When I checked my account yesterday I had a $20 balance. Since I'm on a $25 PIN currently that could be 300 minutes - BUT it isn't. I spent an hour or so on the web and made quite a few texts at .08 per. My point is that if PP told be I had 300 minutes left that would not have been correct. It isn't a question of it being a "feature". Misleading customers is not a feature.
    This makes no sense. You're saying that they shouldn't tell us how many minutes we have because the value could change later?? No kidding it can change!

Thus you're also implying they shouldn't tell us how much money we have because it can also change (like after you send a text or make a phone call). It'd be misleading to tell us the dollar balance because it can change after we use the phone. Sorry that makes no sense

It's not that hard for them to display the dollar balance and # minutes remaining. There's no technical or logical reason to not show both.

Phones
    LG enV2
    LG enV2
    LG VX8300
    Carriers
    Verizon postpaid (enV2, VX8300)
    Feedback Score
    It's clear from your posts that you will consider PPC to be lame for not indicating a number of minutes that remain on an account, and that's your prerogative. Similarly, Page Plus has not developed a part of their website to indicate how many minutes remain based on (a) current balance, (b) PINs added (per-minute rate that applies to the call), (c) ASSUMPTION that no SMS/MMS messages are used, (d) ASSUMPTION that no data is used, (e) ASSUMPTION that user will remain in-network, (f) ASSUMPTION that user does not place any international (including Canada/Mexico) calls, (g) DURATION of any call at rate-change transition (e.g., when the $10 card is depleted, a call in progress continues to be billed at $0.10/min until the call ends, etc.

My point is this: If Page Plus feels that it's worth developing a tool to show that information on their website, they will. To me, the number of disclaimers that would accompany that estimate of minutes remaining is long enough that an estimate provided by Page Plus on their website becomes no more meaningful than one you'd figure in your head based on my post above. Since their website does not offer that function now, I doubt that they have any plans to add such a feature. Seriously, if you're that concerned about tracking "minutes" or "units", Page Plus may not be the best provider for you. Only you can determine if this is a deal breaker or not, though.