Thread: Samsung Gravity T vs. Blackberry Bold 9700

Feedback Score

Samsung Gravity T vs. Blackberry Bold 9700

I like the design of the Gravity a good deal more, but the Blackberry is only $50 more on Amazon and seems to have some more features. Would I be missing out of I got the Gravity T?

*Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I am not sure where to put it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This goes in the last subforum in the phone section, but.. the Gravity T doesn't require a data plan and the 9700 requires data to the tune of $30 a month for 2 years. The Blackberry has better reception though. I'd pick something else over the Gravity T because I wasn't impressed with the screen quality nor it's reception. I hear the touchscreen response is wonky but I didn't notice anything too bad. I have the Nokia Nuron and it's probably one of the best low end phones, however considering the fact that both of these phones you mentioned have hardware QWERTY's - it might not be what you need. I wish we could get a good LG QWERTY device ala the EnV line.
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    I like that it comes with a 4gb sd card cause I was gonna buy one with the gravity. The main thing I am using this for other than a phone is as an mp3 player. I don't suppose that the neuron has a headphone jack, does it? A QWERTY keyboard is a big plus for me, but I might be willing to abandon it if another option is that much better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has a 3.5MM jack directly at the top.

Feedback Score
    Sweet, that definitely makes me lean towards it. It also says 4.5hours 3g talk time, 7 non-3g. Does that mean that the 6 hours of talk time on the gravity is non-3g? Is there any reason to get the gravity over the neuron other than the qwarty keyboard? What do you think of Zagg covers? Or, is there a cover you recommend for the neuron?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnAPike View Post
    Sweet, that definitely makes me lean towards it. It also says 4.5hours 3g talk time, 7 non-3g. Does that mean that the 6 hours of talk time on the gravity is non-3g? Is there any reason to get the gravity over the neuron other than the qwarty keyboard? What do you think of Zagg covers? Or, is there a cover you recommend for the neuron?

Thanks.
    Talk time is "Up to 6 hours" on Samsungmobile's website so that must mean 3G or not. The biggest plus for the Gravity touch is probably the battery life, it claims like 15 days of standby time. I've never used Zagg or any screen protector on the Nuron so I wouldn't really know.

Feedback Score
    Why does the battery life change for 3g on the neuron?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think Nokia just lists the difference between 2G/3G and Samsung doesn't. I'm fairly positive that regardless of the specs, the Gravity T will offer more talk time, just less signal.

Feedback Score
    OK, I got the Nuron! Thanks for the advice. It's basically a smartphone without the $30/month fee.