Thread: Tp2 on boostmobile I get message "You are within range of a Sprint private network.."

Feedback Score

Tp2 on boostmobile I get message "You are within range of a Sprint private network.."

Hello All,
    I've just activated a Sprint TP2 to BM (Boost Mobile). Works great everywhere EXCEPT in my apartment (West L.A.) where I can neither make nor receive calls or texts, although internet access DOES WORK.
    When I try to call out I get the following SPOKEN message: "you are within range of a sprint private network. Please move outside of the private network before placing a call". When attempting SMS I get "SMS Error Cause Code: 64"
    This happens within a radius of about a 1/4 block of my apartment. Outside that area, no problems.
    The CURIOUS THING about this situation is that I started the BM service with a BM Sanyo Mirro SCP3810 CDMA phone, before transferring my account to the TP2. The Mirro never gave me that message & worked perfectly EVERYWHERE. So somehow the Mirro was able to recognize the private network & not roam onto it.
    Boost Mobile technical support are all over the place with contradictory explanations, but no solutions yet. "it is in fact a private sprint enhanced network of your neighbor & you're screwed", "No it's not, you just need a PRL update (Preferred Roaming List)", "We can do the PRL & Software update for you over the air, will take 5 days, leave your phone on", "No we can't because your phone is an HTC 7380 and not a BM phone"

So far I have done a PRL update, a Firmware update, & a Profile update from the Settings screen, firstly from the GOOD transception area. Tested. Then from the BAD transception area. Tested again. The problem PERSISTS.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

Rodney

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Try setting your phone on home only.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Happyjack, I tried that. No luck

Feedback Score
    Hey Jimmyjoebob and others,
    I asked "Wireless" in the Sprint forum, who has an Airvana as well as Sprint phones and boost mobile phones. He says that the boost mobile phones DO NOT work on the Airvana.
    So it looks like we are at the end of the line.

BOOST MOBILE PHONES DO NOT WORK WITH AN AIRAVE OR AN AIRVANA.

I would be delighted if someone proved me wrong.
    Over and out,
    Rodney

Feedback Score
    How did you manage to get your Sprint TP2 to work with Boost Mobile? I would like to do the same and do not know what to do or where to go..Is there a service that you paid for to do it? Can you please guide me in the right direction?? Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    its prolly someone with an airave.
    Verizon Lte.

sprint.

Vmusa.

Feedback Score
    I need help please , i had the HTC EVO 3D, there are any software flash to Boost-mobile service.
    Thank you !