Thread: Boost Mobile Sanyo Incognito cell phone

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Boost Mobile Sanyo Incognito cell phone

hey all!
    What can you tell me about the your Boost mobile, Sanyo incognito phone? Are you completely satisfied with its service and quality?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've been using an Incognito on Boost for about a month now (switched from Verizon) and I'm happy with the service and the phone.

I installed Opera Mini on it and surf the web daily (when I'm bored at work). The web speed isn't bad. The longest I've waited for a page to load is probably about 10 seconds, other than that, they load up in a couple of seconds. My only complaint is that I can't watch video other than youtube. Some sites have video posted from other services and they don't show up on the page (unless I'm missing something).

I'm not really big on apps so I haven't tried installing anything else on the phone.

I've always hated text messaging because my old phone (a Moto Krzr k1m) didn't have a keyboard. The QWERTY keyboard was the first and foremost thing I was looking for on a phone. The keys take a little getting used to and it would have been nice to have the number function keys in a cluster for dialing instead of across the top (like a normal keyboard). It makes it awkward to type in phone numbers that way.

The camera takes good pictures and the only drawback is that it doesn't have a flash.

Here's a pic I took with the phone of my newly adopted dog, Scraps:
    I resized it for the board.

I haven't tried out the mp3 player (don't have a micro sd card yet).

The service has been good for me so far. No dropped calls, missing or late text messages, etc. I tested the web coverage on a train ride a couple of weeks ago from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station without a hiccup in service. In fact, I had a good signal the entire ride.

I will recommend that you immediately buy a case and screen protectors for the phone--the outer display scratches easily. After an hour in my pocket (with nothing else), the screen had minor surface scuffs. You can buy a case and protectors for under $10 on eBay.

Other than that, it's a great little phone (though I do plan on buying an Android when Boost gets one for CDMA).

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Boost service is excellent in the Chicago/Northwest Indiana area. Texts are quick, no dropped calls... the service is great for me.

As for The incognito? I love and hate this phone. Calls are clear to me, and others reported to me that they can hear me fine. Once opened as a flip, it is a fantastic texting phone. The keyboard INSIDE is well laid out and easy to use. The internet is very usable, and relatively quick. With Opera mini 5, pages load very quick and it runs just about any site you can want to load. With an SD card you can put a lot of music on it and the player sounds good. However, without playlists, you have a list of many songs and the scrolling is rather slow. Battery life is very very good for me.

The outside is an ergonomic disaster, in my opinion. To answer a call, you have to slide down a lever on the lower left, and then touch the green answer touch screen button on the front screen. That lever is not in an easily accessible place for a left handed person OR a right handed person. For a lefty, you have to hold the phone awkwardly and use your thumb and risk dropping the phone. For a righty, you need to use your pinky, assuming that you have that dexterity. The slide to unlock the keyboard button should have been on the top right/left to make it usable.

If the sun is shining, you cannot see the outer display at all, which makes it very difficult to answer and impossible to dial correctly. The exterior touch display is useless in bright light.

For the most part, I use bluetooth to answer or open the phone and hit the send key rather than even bother with the slide/answer exterior keys. In bright light, I open the phone and dial from the keyboard rather than the frustration of trying to dial what I cannot see on the exterior pad, and then close it to talk.

So like I said, I love and hate this phone, depending on what I am doing with it.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hey guys thanks for your detailed reviews; i even could feel that in my hand while reading your reviews.
    But i guess its not that best to buy as your first priority.

Feedback Score
    I bought an incognito off of ebay in july of 2010. I want to do a master reset/clear but it asks for the code. I don't know the code and the ebayer does not know it either.In this day and age,there HAS to be a way to get an unlock code.I've tried 4 zeroes, and the last 4 digits of the original phone number,still no unlock.I believe the code is numbers only,can anyone clarify this? Because letters dont appear when I type them in the code box.Just numbers.Any ideas or sites that I could get a code from? Thanks for reading this !!!

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how to use the incognito as a modem? I have the usb cable & used the drivers for the SCP-2700 in order for my computer to recognize the hardware, but still can't get it to work as a modem.

Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    try the code 1234 thats what the book says or the 0000's unless the owner has changed it

Device(s)
    v3m
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I believe there is a hard reset key under the battery in the back. You'll lose everything, but you'll have a factory fresh (including passwords) phone.
    Best of luck.

Mark