Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Question: Cricket no longer allowing flashed phones to access web on new acts?

Phone
    Depends on the day, always Android
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That could be a good thing. I personally wouldn't mind paying maybe $55 or even $60 a month to use an android on cricket with everything working as long as they didn't constantly give me crap about mms and wap and causing customers to need to refresh and reprovision thier phones all the time.

Bottom line, the majority of customers use cricket because of the cheap service, everything is unlimited, and you can bring any phone you want to cricket and use it on their service. I honestly believe that the best thing cricket can do is stop giving their customers that pay for the service crap about using a "flashed" phone and if they are having issues with too much data being used and costing them money then add a $10 monthly fee for having a flashed phone with web and mms capabilities.

Also, they could step up thier customer service and save alot of money as well, I couldn't tell you how many customers I have seen leave cricket because thier bill or something got messed up and no one at cricket would fix it for them.
    No I will not teach you or tell you how to flash a phone.
    Yes I will help you if you educate yourself first then ask reasonable questions.
    Nothing in life is free so don't expect to get all the answers for free.

Feedback Score
    well honestly as i see it if your running android, blackberry, windows mobile or any other "smart phone" that has a large ammount of "Kb" usage every month i see where cricket is coming from....

its like t-mobile $10/month for basic unlimited internet or $30/month for smart phone internet.... its like the cable company having tiers of bandwidth allocation

you cant expect to pay $10/month and get hbo, show time, and cinimax as well as every channel in "HD" as well as 20+mbs speed.... its not that there losing money on smart phones on the lower plan its that they can make more money having you pay $55 a month for the higher "kb" usage...

"if your going to have a smart phone your going to pay the price"

i dont know if that it but thats my 2 cents

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manny1110 View Post
    Cricket is Going to roll out special phone models to put in CID for CPE phones. This way cricket knows you have a cpe phone. They are doing five different cpe models to put in CID. Cpe android, cpe feature phone, cpe HTML, cpe blackberry and cpe other phone.
    Any idea when these are going to roll out (or was this just speculation)? I just tried to setup and android plan on a Droid and they could not do it (this was at a non corporate store). I put my phone on the $45 plan and I'm hoping I can go to a corporate store or call cust service and find a way to have them switch the plan to an android style plan (one that doesn't require the proxy configuration).

I need the non-proxy web access method due to some a secure corporate email client I use at work.

Feedback Score
    I just nipped by this from cricket today. I had convinced some of my friends(non-techy) to switch from verizon flip phones to some craigslists droids on cricket. Setup the account, flashed their phones, like I had done mine and my wife's. No go.

We went back into the store, and the girl had told us the internet wasn't provisioned. He got it provisioned, but I wasn't getting any 3g still. I'll probably try calling this number --> 1-866-384-4425, and the possibly grabbing a cheap RAZR off craigslists to activate accounts with and then switch like a previous poster had said.

Anyone else running into this lately? I'll report back with my findings.

Feedback Score
    i worked for corp cricket store up to a couple of months ago. They are allowing flashed phones however it is true they are putting them as CPE which doesnt provision web and MMS. They are pushing for people to purchase cricket equipment, trying to grow up and be a big company, and the thinking is flashed phones make cricket look cheap cause all of there customers are using handsets from different carriers and not cricket handsets. This says our handsets our crap and cricket is looking to change from the pimps and hoes carrier to something bigger and better. anyways calling customer service, adv handset is a motorola ROKR or RAZR v3s ensures provisioning and all of my flashes so far android, blackberry, whatever work on the 45 dollar plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by infect01 View Post
    i worked for corp cricket store up to a couple of months ago. They are allowing flashed phones however it is true they are putting them as CPE which doesnt provision web and MMS. They are pushing for people to purchase cricket equipment, trying to grow up and be a big company, and the thinking is flashed phones make cricket look cheap cause all of there customers are using handsets from different carriers and not cricket handsets. This says our handsets our crap and cricket is looking to change from the pimps and hoes carrier to something bigger and better. anyways calling customer service, adv handset is a motorola ROKR or RAZR v3s ensures provisioning and all of my flashes so far android, blackberry, whatever work on the 45 dollar plan
    I knew that's what it was...so how can I get switched over to the Razr v3s plan and have my net working on my fascinate? Can I just go into a store and say I want it as that one? Anybody work for cricket and able to do this here? I'll throw down some cash...if you can get it working...

PS: Cricket customer support is effing horrible....I've called lord knows how many times and just keep getting the run around about this. I think they know what's going on and don't care to tell folks the truth, "any android but ours won't work"

Feedback Score
    Makes sense. Do you know of any way to get account features added after the fact? The only way I can think of is to buy the cheapest cricket MMS/Internet supporting phone and add that to the account. And then swap it back over to the droid. Any help would be great, thanks for posting.

Phones
    VX-10000 (mms & wap)
    VX-8550 (R.I.P)
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I lost my MMS features downgrading from $50 old plan to newer $45 plan. I called several time to have it refreshed and tried to explain it to them but most dont know anything! So i need to have my MMS provisioned correct?

Phone
    Samsung Upstage M620
    Carrier
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    I made a change to my account, the next day my MMS stopped working

Feedback Score
    without a new ESN or MEID im afraid they wont change make/model of handset unless you know someone working for cricket. as far as getting features added unless you know someone who has access to HO crickets older DOS based billing system you might be outta luck. try and do everything over the phone with customer care and never say its a flashed phone!

Feedback Score
    also a known issue with the new "super cid" billing system. changes to accounts, handset change, plan change, features added or removed will dump the features that come built into plan such as WPO which is web and ZMM with is MMS. Again HO access is needed to readd these services. not many folks left that have this access. store managers and above. i have talked to some in customer care and they cant add this specific features nor do they seem to care, same with store managers unfortunately . This leaves a terrible experience for the customer and much frustration for all of us flashing/reprogramming handsets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWayz View Post
    I lost my MMS features downgrading from $50 old plan to newer $45 plan. I called several time to have it refreshed and tried to explain it to them but most dont know anything! So i need to have my MMS provisioned correct?
    you need ZMM added and for those that have lost web WPO added. HO "H-O" access is required. My understanding is a Manager in the call centers have this access still but getting through to the folks over there in India and making them understand can be difficult

Phones
    INTERCEPT
    USE A SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Carrier
    CRICKET
    Feedback Score

Intercept flashed up to cricket, but no data

i have a samsung intercept flashed to cricket, but i still dont have a data signal, no 3g symbol, and no web access unless i am connected to a wifi connect. Can anyone help me out with that.

Feedback Score
    I've got two phones that are on cricket fully flashed, but no 3g. What is going to be the best way to approach this? Should I buy two phones off craigslists that are cricket specific and call customer care to put them onto the account? Should I take those phones from craigslist into a store to have them handle the programming and activation on the existing account? I understand that it's going to take an ESN change to get this problem resolved, so I'd really just like some help with what course to take. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    My phone is flashed and has been for a while everything worked good until yesterday(I messed with the "Manage Connections settings" and now says no network) It wont let me Get on Internet and my outgoing text stopped as well. Is this whats happening to me or should I just reflash? Somebody please help I am very frustrated!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast