Thread: Looking for router for Rocket 2

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Looking for router for Rocket 2

now i know that the Tmobile HSPA+ uses the same bands as the HSPA network.. I get HSPA + coverage in my area.. but i want to buy a router that i can plug my ROcket 2 into..

i dont really know what to look for but here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...hotspotdevices

That is a list that newegg offers..

my question is .. do those routers work with anything (GSM and CDMA) becuase its just basically using the antenna from the ROcket 2?

in any event what can i get that will work with the rocket 2 for the hSPA + coverage... In that link there is a large list but anything else or other suggestions.. please let me know.. !
    Sprint was good to Me... Now time for VZW... its time i embarked on a new journey..

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    crap i did not see the thread below.. please delete this..

Feedback Score
    I am using the Cradlepoint MBR 900, Firmware version 1.7.2, with the WebConnect Rocket and it works great! It did not work out of the box with Firmware 1.6 until I installed the latest firmware at the time which was 1.7. I have not found any router that works with the new, silver Rocket 2.0.

Feedback Score
    With the latest 1.7.5 firmware update, the Cradlepoint MBR 900 supports the WebConnect Rocket and the Rocket 2.

Feedback Score
    I have the Rocket 2.0 for my laptop..my problem is I only get 1 bar for a signal..makes my life h__..needless to say I have ordered a 16ft 2.0 USB High Speed Active Repeater Cable hoping for at least 1 or 2 more bars..my question is this Cradlepoint MBR 900 will it give me a better signal? It is real hard in my area to get more then one signal with this Rocket....Anyone with any help or advice would gladly be appreciated. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chall50 View Post
    I have the Rocket 2.0 for my laptop..my problem is I only get 1 bar for a signal..makes my life h__..needless to say I have ordered a 16ft 2.0 USB High Speed Active Repeater Cable hoping for at least 1 or 2 more bars..my question is this Cradlepoint MBR 900 will it give me a better signal? It is real hard in my area to get more then one signal with this Rocket....Anyone with any help or advice would gladly be appreciated. Thanks
    While the MBR 900 will give you better range of movement it wont truly increase the strength of your signal. The answer in that would be an external antenna that is more sensitive at picking up weak signal than the internal found in most mobile devices today. Unfortunately your Rocket 2.0 does not have an external antenna slot so its going to be difficult to add one unless you are skilled enough to disassemble and fashion one in.

Source: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...t-vs.-rocket-2

There is still hope in the form of a wireless repeater but those run in the $100s so its not an economic option.

Your two remaining options would be getting a modem with an external antenna slot or the router and try to place it in that 'sweet spot' where it receives the best signal.

Feedback Score
    I was told there is a spot for an antenna in my Rocket 2.0. I was told that it is hidden and you just have to find it...I did look at the book and it shows a spot on the side but it is not a round hole..it is a more triangle hole like where you would put a sim card or something else..you have to push in the side of your Rocket to find it, it is hidden I did find it.... The antenna they showed me at one place has a rounded end to insert into ur Rocket..it wont work with my Rocket 2.0.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

The advantages of using a router with your USB modem are two-fold:
    1. Using the router allows you to share your wireless internet connection with multiple computers and other devices, such as your game system (Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc.,) UMA-equipped cell phone, eBook reader (Nook, Kindle, etc.) and so on.
    2. Use of a mobile router allows you to reposition the modem near a window to get a stronger signal. I find this feature especially useful at work, where it has doubled my speed I get from my Clear 4G internet.
    I personally recommend the Cradlepoint CTR35 Wireless N Portable Router, which allows you to turn most USB modems into a "Mi-Fi" type personal hotspot, with a range of up to 350 feet (the real Mi-Fi devices are typically underpowered with a maximum range of only 150 feet) and the ability to share your connection with up to 16 devices (the real Mi-Fi devices typically limit you to only 5 connected devices.)
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    I know this post is old, but i have a rocket 2.0 and I am DYING to get out of the contract but it doesnt appear that will be a possibility anymore. Does the Cradlepoint router you reference actually boost the signal of the signal the Rocket 2.0 is receiving? I need something to boost the signal of this thing, but turning it into a hotspot would be nice as well, but if it still has the crappy 1 bar, making it into a hotspot would just create a 1bar hotspot.