Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to set the unanswer call forward delay to 30s?

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

How to set the unanswer call forward delay to 30s?

I tried 4 phones but all get unexpected response from server if I tried to change the delay time to 30sec instead of the default 20s.

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Set by the network. Can't change.

Phone
    Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Tab 10.1 3G
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I tried 4 phones but all get unexpected response from server if I tried to change the delay time to 30sec instead of the default 20s.
    Rogers doesn't want you to be able to ruin your phone account, so they block the official world wide standard of changing the number of rings. I'm sure they know best...not!

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If you do not have voicemail then the number of rings can be changed.

*61*(10 digit number)*11*ss# - ss represents number of seconds to wait before transfer. Can be increments of 5 seconds up to 30.

##61# - cancel forward.
    ---

Anything I say is my own opinion based on speculation. It does not represent the views of my employer.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sansaman View Post
    *61*(10 digit number)*11*ss# - ss represents number of seconds to wait before transfer. Can be increments of 5 seconds up to 30.
    ##61# - cancel forward.
    ACK!
    Who doesn't have voicemail?

Interesting to note that it works without voicemail.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I for one don't have voicemail. My plan includes thousand text messages so all I purchased is call display.

it is only supposed to work without voicemail because calls not answered or while not in coverage should go to voicemail.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    As other have said it doesn't work if you have Voice Mail

To the Poster who said who doesn't have Voice Mail, you will be amazed how many people hate voice mail, My Plan in my Signature includes voice mail but had it removed cuz I hate it, I also have 2 Wind Lines that come with Voice Mail had it disabled..

I also have Virgin Mobile & Bell Pre-Paid & they both come with voice mail, I called in numerous times to have it removed and they said they can't remove it, so I have no choice with them.

I also have 4 Chatr $45 Unlimited Lines & the first thing I did was to have my voice mail removed.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873 View Post
    To the Poster who said who doesn't have Voice Mail, you will be amazed how many people hate voice mail, My Plan in my Signature includes voice mail but had it removed cuz I hate it, I also have 2 Wind Lines that come with Voice Mail had it disabled..
    So you can disable it without actually changing your plan/value pack? I would like to do this, but the CSR whom I spoke to said it's impossible. What should I say to have this done? Could I call back any time and have it unblocked?

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    So you can disable it without actually changing your plan/value pack? I would like to do this, but the CSR whom I spoke to said it's impossible. What should I say to have this done? Could I call back any time and have it unblocked?
    Ask the rep to "exclude" the voicemail feature. It will be either VM31 for basic or VM36 for enhanced.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP iPAQ: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I have my voice mail excluded from the value pack, just tell them u want it to be excluded or disable

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys.

Dumb question: does excluding voicemail completely turn it off (i.e. I'll lose all my messages) or does it simply instruct Rogers to not transfer calls to voicemail?

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873 View Post
    Ok some hate, but I think the vast majority use it and most need it. I need it as I'm often too busy to take calls at work and voicemail takes those calls for me. Friends know I may be working so they don't leave a message unless it's important. Others, like telemarketers get to enjoy my voicemail.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Dumb question: does excluding voicemail completely turn it off (i.e. I'll lose all my messages) or does it simply instruct Rogers to not transfer calls to voicemail?
    Excluding it effectively removes the option from your plan. You can no longer access the messages or turn it back on without contacting the carrier. You should be aware that many voicemail plans have an option to turn it off temporarily and not answer calls for you. And with my Android phone, I can turn off the forwarding of unanswered/busy calls to voicemail.

Feedback Score

##61# - cancel forward.
    Thank you so much for this information. Why this is not documented by Rogers blows my mind.
    Last edited by greg0ire; 10-19-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    *61*(10 digit number)*11*ss# - ss represents number of seconds to wait before transfer.
    Cool data point. Thx for that, added it to:
    s://RogersWatch.wordpress.com/GSMcodes

Can be increments of 5 seconds up to 30.
    Hmmm, at 6 secs per ring+silence cycle* that's 5 rings max.

Rog is so lame with their limitations on setting/max's for # rings for CF & VM.

* Cool database: http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/t...ry=33&kTone=34

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast