Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Kyocera ZIO M6000 - Cricket - Reset?

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Sanyo Kyocera ZIO M6000 - Cricket - Reset?

dammit.

This was the first of many other profanities to come out after discovering the Kyocera Zio M6000 has no backdoor or reset option.

Here's the story:

Twas a fine day, until the touchscreen jumped and selected an option to restrict incoming/outgoing calls. In other words, the phone has now successfully locked me out of using the phone for any of its features. I am only able to make Emergency Calls.

The only way to login into the phone is to enter a G-Mail --> Username & Password.

Sounds simple. Not exactly. So I went ahead and did that. Nothing. Looks like the phone had to be set up primarily with a Gmail account, so when it goes to look for my account information it sees that there is no account set up on the phone.

My question is, how do I reset the phone aka is there a reset code or combination of jabbing my thumbs into this device to make it work again?

I thought about re-flashing it completely, but until I am comfortable enough with that, I would like to see if anyone has an alternative.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SO PLEASE DON'T ASK THE OBVIOUS (did you take the battery out? no, i threw the phone out the window)

1. Removed battery (1 hour duration) Replaced, same situation
    2. Pressed the home button key while turning on the phone. Nothing
    3. Called Kyocera directly. They actually said "We have no idea and we will be looking into this for a backdoor or reset option within a week" Wow.

So if anyone has any idea on how to reset the device through a USB connection I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks all.
    "The first rule of fightclub, you do not speak about fightclub"

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    can you get to any menu's on the phone at all?
    If so, then you need to do this here.

Menu Button > Settings > SD Card USB MASS > Factory Data Reset

Feedback Score
    I had issues and this is the reset their tech support told me to do, it re-inits the phone. You will lose all data on it.

Dial: ##4357*
    Select view
    Scroll down to select reset.
    6 digit code: 000000
    Click Ok
    Should reboot.
    Dial *228

I was also pissed off it didn't have multi-touch

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Arrow Android Headaches

Thanks for the post phazei,

This was the first thing I had to actually! The phone wasn't able to play Youtube videos or Access the Browser so the Representative had to use this Reset Procedure as you mentioned to resolve the issue. I memorized this part lol. Still have no luck with the phone.

This is really a poor software design and Kyocera knows they have got there hands full. It's only a matter a time until the pitchforks and fire torches come out

this made my day a little better

funny fact..banging your head against the wall makes you lose 150 calories.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Hey brantis,

I am actually unable to access anything.

Basically here's the scenario:

-The phone powers on as normal

-I slide to unlock

-I am now presented with the following message:

To many login attempts!

USERNAME (EMAIL):

PASSWORD:

Sign In (button)

that's it

If I hit the HOME KEY or BACK BUTTON or MENU KEY nothing happens

I can only make emergency calls.

Also I got really desperate and tried to do a hard reset by holding down the menu key as I booted up the phone (*A known trick for the T-Mobile G1) but alas nothing.

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by treger69 View Post
    Hey brantis,

I am actually unable to access anything.

Basically here's the scenario:

-The phone powers on as normal

-I slide to unlock

-I am now presented with the following message:

To many login attempts!

USERNAME (EMAIL):

PASSWORD:

Sign In (button)

that's it

If I hit the HOME KEY or BACK BUTTON or MENU KEY nothing happens

I can only make emergency calls.

Also I got really desperate and tried to do a hard reset by holding down the menu key as I booted up the phone (*A known trick for the T-Mobile G1) but alas nothing.
    Hard Reset.

1. Power down the phone
    2. Hold down the volume up, end key, trackball and send key simultaneously.
    3. Phone boots. After it vibrates you let go.

Phone is completely reset as if it came out of the box. You'll need to *228 and reload ALL of your data.

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This document is intended for end users, retail stores, Authorized Service Centers, or carriers who have forgotten the ZIO lock pattern AND have not yet registered with Google, or forgot the Google Gmail user account and password.

WARNING: This process will clear all user settings and downloaded apps. Data on the SD Memory Card and My Backup will be retained. Prior to following the steps below, ensure the phone is powered off.

1. Power off the phone.
    a. Press and hold red END key for 2 seconds >> Phone Options >> select Power Off >> Phone will shut down >> Ok
    a)
    2. Remove battery for 15 seconds & replace battery.

3. Power up the phone.
    a. Press and hold red END key for 2 seconds and wait until the device powers up completely.
    b)
    4. Power off the phone.
    a. Press and hold red END key for 2 seconds >> Phone Options >> select Power Off >> Phone will shut down >> Ok
    Procedure, cont.

5. Press and continue to hold the Volume Up button using your left thumb.

6. While still holding the Volume Up key, use your right hand to depress the green Send key, the white Track ball and the red End key (sequential order).

7. Continue to hold all 4 until keys completely down until the handset vibrates twice then let go of the keys & track ball.
    a. Formatting Data and Cache appears
    1. If you do not see the above (Formatting Data and Cache) redo steps 1 through 7.

2. If you get a Fast Boot, Self Test or Blue screen redo steps 1 through 7.

8. Allow the phone to completely reboot. This may take a few moments.

9. The phone has now been re-set to factory default settings. Please proceed through standard set up and activation procedures.

NOTE: If you receive a self-test screen or blue screen, the hard reset was done incorrectly. Please try again, from step 1.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I was out last night and went to view a movie trailer on the phone, it started loading youtube and frooze. I had to take the battery out.

Lots of buggy issues.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Cheers mate!

This did the trick, was a bit tricky at first but I am now able to get back to where I started..which was where I got locked out in the first place.

I might actually get to use the phone now lol

Thankfully I had no contacts or any information stored so a factory reset was done with no hesitation at all. I will pass this on to future Zio owners. Two thumbs up! Well in this case jabbing at my phone until it worked again

Feedback Score
    ok... whats the key of doing this.. because.. i followed everything according to the steps u guys provided but it seems not to work.. it does everything u guys said... but when it comes to loading it does not vibrate at all. it doesnt leave the USB FASTBOOT

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    @ esteban1488,

Im a Rep for Cricket, and it's funny how this forum found the answer quicker then the actually company, Kyocera, whom had told me "we have no idea"

This is the only known way of resetting the phone to factory default settings. The trick is all timing. The sequential order has to be correct or the final step won't happen.

It's hard to explain but I was successful with my thumb jabbing at the phone for over an hour. Needless to say, this phone has alot of growing up to do.

It might be the lightest android phone made, but Android 1.6 is running like Windows 95, slow and full of bugs.

I am talking direct with Kyocera right now and hope they have an easier solution which I will post here A.S.A.P.

A simple RESET button behind the battery never crossed there mind? Noobs.

Feedback Score
    how long do i have to wait from key to key? whats the exact sequence.? or the exact procedure?

Feedback Score

please!!! HELP MEE!!! i work for cricket myself and this is getting on my nerves!!!

I called dealer support... They were like.. That procedure.. Is working for us.. You r just not doing it right??? Hold up key volume..then green send button then trackball and finally the red button.. And that didnt work at all, it doesnt leave the fast boot screen... Even if i wanted to restart the phone, i have no other option than to take the battery off... Is there any special timming between keys? Am i doing the sequence wrong? Something missing? Cause its like the 5th phone i tried doing it to.. And still doesnt work... Kyocera doesnt know anything.. Sanyo doesnt.. Dealer support.. (useless like always), account managers were informed that they were looking forward for an answer by the 2nd of september... Today is the 7th.. And nobody inform us of anything..!!! I have like 3 customers already locked out!

East Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, 110524365633161, East Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
    Feedback Score

Ahhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleMac View Post
    This document is intended for end users, retail stores, Authorized Service Centers, or carriers who have forgotten the ZIO lock pattern AND have not yet registered with Google, or forgot the Google Gmail user account and password.

WARNING: This process will clear all user settings and downloaded apps. Data on the SD Memory Card and My Backup will be retained. Prior to following the steps below, ensure the phone is powered off.

1. Power off the phone.
    a)
    2. Remove battery for 15 seconds & replace battery.

3. Power up the phone.
    a. Press and hold red END key for 2 seconds and wait until the device powers up completely.
    b)
    4. Power off the phone.
    Procedure, cont.

5. Press and continue to hold the Volume Up button using your left thumb.

6. While still holding the Volume Up key, use your right hand to depress the green Send key, the white Track ball and the red End key (sequential order).

7. Continue to hold all 4 until keys completely down until the handset vibrates twice then let go of the keys & track ball.
    a. Formatting Data and Cache appears
    1. If you do not see the above (Formatting Data and Cache) redo steps 1 through 7.

2. If you get a Fast Boot, Self Test or Blue screen redo steps 1 through 7.

8. Allow the phone to completely reboot. This may take a few moments.

9. The phone has now been re-set to factory default settings. Please proceed through standard set up and activation procedures.

NOTE: If you receive a self-test screen or blue screen, the hard reset was done incorrectly. Please try again, from step 1.
    try this and all i get is the fast boot ... is there another way ? will cricket trade me out ... wft this is not good ....

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    @esteban & hemiman

Well now you have entered the android world. Full of bugs & glitches.

I got in contact with Kyocera (SANYO) this morning. They said the exact same thing, almost verbatim to what you had posted esteban.

Only this time they said "keep trying" (as if that would boost my self esteem and not increase my levels of anger)

@esteban....sad to say that I have no idea how I did it, but there is no real way of timing it. I guess I got lucky, but this is the most unprofessional
    and idiotic procedure I have ever had to perform in my years of working with a wireless carrier. Keep trying and I am hoping they will have an easier
    solution next week (which is what they said last week). Rumor has it that they will release a patch of some sort or enable a way to connect the
    Zio to your PC/MAC and do reset that way.

@Hemiman, Unfortunately because Cricket offers Unlimited Wireless Service, we do not pro-rate or trade out our devices. This is an issue with the company
    Kyocera, which has to held directly with them. It is funny though because I was actually the first out of the whole company to address this issue, which was
    tossed around until it actually happened. "I told you so" just didn't seem to stick with what I had reported to corporate.

The first customer this happened to was able to get a trade me out at the Wheaton, MD location. Depending on your location, visit the closest corporate
    store and see what they can offer you. You might get lucky.

Thanks all for the posts. I will keep you updated on the latest of this neverending headache we call ZIO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast