Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Kyocera ZIO M6000 - Cricket - Reset?

Feedback Score
    If you long press the send button, a voice dialer will pop up. But the voice dialer really sucks, it never hears me right. OTOH, the voice recognition for everything else is great. It seems like the voice dialer uses it's own POS voice recognition rather than simply using what's build in.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    @phazei.

When I started this post, I knew this would grow but this phone has epically failed everyone!

I feel your pain, the VoiceReconition software is horrible and I spoke to a Kyocera Representative. He stated that some of there models had a problem syncing the Google Voice/Voice Recognition over the GPS/Over-the-air network mumbo jumbo. Well in other words, it fails to recognize words correctly or words at all. That's what happens when you bundle a low grade phone with an old and outdate Android 1.6 OS.

If oyu haven't heard yet, Cricket just released the Huawei Ascend running Android 2.1 out of the box! Need I say more? Oh yeah, its only $150!

Price of Kyocera: $250
    Price of Huawei:$150
    Look on people's faces when you tell them you save 100 dollars on a better phone..priceless

It even comes with a 2GBMicroSD card already in the box. You should check it out, I just got the phone a few days ago.

I have created a forum on the new phone with specs, photos, and soon a video review.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ascend+cricket
    "The first rule of fightclub, you do not speak about fightclub"

Feedback Score
    I'm glad I sold my Zio Don't have to worry about the pos again.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone here bypass the google sign in? I did tried touch 4 cornner like the drid but no go.

Feedback Score
    I have gone through the same pains. None of the methods above worked on my ZIO.

I had to download the SDK packages and use the FASTBOOT function build into the phone.

You have to get the fastboot on you phone, then connect it via usb to your computer,
    then type "fastboot -w reboot" while in the correct CMD directory.

This method will clear all user data and cache data. Basically you will reset it like it was when you first powered it up.

This method is not simple, but it works. Do not play with any other FASTBOOT commands. You could render your phone completely useless.

Feedback Score
    ok smarty guys, a marine has crackd the problem. if your smart phone locks and you and still get incoming calls threeway the call which will allow you on your main menu. simple.....yeah go to setting while phone is on threeway. reset phone...if problem call me im high i'll talk you through it..7049197395 .........recon baby keep it simple stupid

Feedback Score
    Help, I purchased the Cricket Zio, loved it but it started freezing up. The last time it froze, it would not go past the Kyocera screen. I paid $250 bucks and took out the insurance. Insurance came off crickets system due to a technical error. I am fighting cricket on that. I ended up purchased in the Huaei Adcend for $150 until I can figure out what to do with the Zio. I ended up really liking the Ascend but I need to do something with this zio phone. I cannot just flushed $250 down the drain. There has to be somehow, someway to reset it. So since September 22, 2010, I have spend over $400 in phones. I cannot belive the Zio would just crash and nothing can be done. Please help...and I kind of need the help in layman terms. My email is [email protected]. ]

Think of how many people are out there with the Zio's crashing. My advice, as soon as it freezes once. Do not take the chance, restore it to the original setting. It is a pain, but at least you still have use of the phone.

Also, I have seen requests for screen protectors and covers. Check out amazon. They have everything you need.

Finally, I was told the android phones are just like computers. They can get viruses. What do you recommend to protect the phone.

Thank you so much for your help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougebabe55 View Post
    Help, I purchased the Cricket Zio, loved it but it started freezing up. The last time it froze, it would not go past the Kyocera screen. I paid $250 bucks and took out the insurance. Insurance came off crickets system due to a technical error. I am fighting cricket on that. I ended up purchased in the Huaei Adcend for $150 until I can figure out what to do with the Zio. I ended up really liking the Ascend but I need to do something with this zio phone. I cannot just flushed $250 down the drain. There has to be somehow, someway to reset it. So since September 22, 2010, I have spend over $400 in phones. I cannot belive the Zio would just crash and nothing can be done. Please help...and I kind of need the help in layman terms. My email is [email protected]. ]

Think of how many people are out there with the Zio's crashing. My advice, as soon as it freezes once. Do not take the chance, restore it to the original setting. It is a pain, but at least you still have use of the phone.

Also, I have seen requests for screen protectors and covers. Check out amazon. They have everything you need.

Finally, I was told the android phones are just like computers. They can get viruses. What do you recommend to protect the phone.

Thank you so much for your help!
    I am having the same issue, but mine gets to the android screen and will freeze, any help?

Feedback Score

The Real Deal Hardreset for Sprint Zio

Here is the Deal:

Press Volume Up > Press Camera > Press END Key

Scroll to Full Factory Data Reset using Voluem Down Key.

Press track ball then Press track Ball Again.

Feedback Score

Cool Zio Reset

I tried the Volume up botton, camera button and end key. I get to a not state "modem download mode" then it goes to the Kyocera screen and that is where it freezes.

So I was told by cricket that I should have never changed phones from the Zio to Huawei I should have added a line until the Zio got fixed. So let's add up the charges. $250 for the Zio, $150 for the Huawei. Now they want me to pay $120 and they will honor the insurance on the Zio. $15 to start up a new phone line and $55 for the month bill. So since September, I would have had a total of $590 in charges. $340 of the should not have been necessary.

There has to be some way to restart the Zio unfortunately what everyone has recommended has not work but I thank you so much for you help. I am sure that someday they will come up with a fix. Cricket recommended to send the phone back to the factory. So that is my next step. Well since I have been writing this, I have been on the phone with Kyocera. I have been told that the corporate office has the software to fix the phone. I told them that I had visited the corporate office, they tried the software and it did not work and that I was to call (800) 349-4478 and request a mailer to send the phone back. Now Kyocera rep is telling me I have to go through cricket. This is getting to be a joke. I think I may just send the phone to the president of Cricket and tell him to deal with it...I just have to figure out who that is.

Since I have had the Zio, I purchased the Huawei Ascend. I have to say I do love it. The screen seems bigger and the touch pad is a lot easier to use. It is more user friendly and it does not freeze. But now I have learned the minute it does freeze, I will do a factory reset immediately.

Carrier(s)
    boost cdma
    Feedback Score
    im not dealing with cricket insurance i will deal with my year warranty if the phone starts acting up it would then fall under the failed product not a insurance claim.. so when i get my sanyo phone in the mail. why would i pay for insurance if the phone fails under warranty. i get charged the same for a repair job or to go down to the police station and say the phone was stolen. insurance is dumb

Feedback Score
    i found it, turn the phone off and press volume down, camera button and power button all at the same time, your going to get an android sign with an exclamation mark, hold the power button again and go down to hard reset.

Carrier(s)
    boost cdma
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fmustafa06 View Post
    i found it, turn the phone off and press volume down, camera button and power button all at the same time, your going to get an android sign with an exclamation mark, hold the power button again and go down to hard reset.
    what phone is this for not working on a cricket zio

Feedback Score
    I have had my phone for a month, and I am having this same problem!!! I went to the Cricket store and they told me there was nothing they can do that their computer shows that I download something that was corrupted on the phone! The only thing I downloaded was freaking apps from app world, but they said I would have to pay the replacement cost... Please help!!! I have done the reset procedure 15+ times and keep getting the same kyocera screen screen or the blue screen.
    I need help!!!! Very upset...

Carrier(s)
    boost cdma
    Feedback Score
    Just go to another cricket store I had mine a week it died I was told 60 to replace it I *****ed got the store mangr to.replace it. Only 20. For warranty

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast