Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Kyocera ZIO M6000 - Cricket - Reset?

Feedback Score
    i found out recently that if you call the locked phone and you answer you either press the back button or menu button..that should take you to the menu now you can go on settings security and take off password thingy or go to setting-sd card-usb mass storage and factory data reset...
    i did this and it worked and i am super happy..by the way i used mybackup app that comes with phone to get all my contacts back ..thank you everyone and i hope this helps anyone in the future.

Feedback Score
    i found out recently that if you call the locked phone and you answer you either press the back button or menu button..that should take you to the menu now you can go on settings security and take off password thingy or go to setting-sd card-usb mass storage and factory data reset...
    i did this and it worked and i am super happy..by the way i used mybackup app that comes with phone to get all my contacts back ..thank you everyone and i hope this helps anyone in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brantis View Post
    can you get to any menu's on the phone at all?
    If so, then you need to do this here.

Menu Button > Settings > SD Card USB MASS > Factory Data Reset
    will this also reset my password because it got locked?

Feedback Score
    This is what I did to my husbands phone(owned less than 1 month)when it was freezing and we constantly had to remove battery to try and reset

YOU WILL LOSE ALL UR INFO WILL BE LIKE A BRAND NEW PHONE.... BACK UP INFO ON UR PC WITH THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT

##45357* and send
    press view ,
    go to reset at bottom click it
    select ok
    select ok
    code is 000000(phone may power off)
    then unlock
    n go 2 android button(green guy)click it
    the next screen SKIP
    and again google acct SKIP
    now go to dialer and enter #228 and send
    wait for entire message to finish approx 1 min
    now go to market and it will ask for google acct and if u dont remember it u can create a new one.
    then u should be good to go

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    To All ZIO Owners:
    They have updated the zio to version 2.2 of the android operating system every one should upgrade there zio to the new version the zio is now more usable then it was before even tho with 1.6 it was still very usable as i never once had a problem with this fantastic phone. If you didn't get the update you can force it to look for the update but you have to have WI-FI ENABLED then goto settings then about phone and then to check for updates if it dont work or you cancelled the download then your going to have to wait 2 weeks for it to redownload.
    Last edited by SnakeFist; 03-05-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: more info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kljones000 View Post
    I have had my phone for a month, and I am having this same problem!!! I went to the Cricket store and they told me there was nothing they can do that their computer shows that I download something that was corrupted on the phone! The only thing I downloaded was freaking apps from app world, but they said I would have to pay the replacement cost... Please help!!! I have done the reset procedure 15+ times and keep getting the same kyocera screen screen or the blue screen.
    I need help!!!! Very upset...
    Do not let them tell you that you did something to corrupt your phone! My voice control got stuck and it just kept giving me the force close message but it wouldn't close. I went to the store and had two people tell me that I must have downloaded something or I must have accepted a text message with a virus. They didn't even want to do the factory reset but I had to make them do it. It solved my problem but now I don't have 3G. Oh and did I mention they wiped my SD card clean? I like the Zio but I know that if I have problems I can't go to the Cricket store.

Someone mentioned contacting their corporate office. They are owned my Leap Communications and I've had to contact them more than once in the past. I would post the number however I just noticed that my Contacts have disappeared since I went to lunch. The back up apparently isn't working.

Feedback Score
    So, here the story, i bought a Sanyo Zio by Kyocera through Cricket, from some lady off craigslist. Been messing with it all day a put a pattern lock on it. My ex tried to get on it and locked it. Now it want to know the user name and password. i do not know it!!! I have tried the up, send, power botten many times. It doesn't work. What now. the ladys number is in the phone so i can't call her. I am completely locked out. Starts up, slide lock, password or emergence calls only

Feedback Score

ok afther the ##4357 nthn kame up on my fonee

ok afther the ##4357 nthn kame up on my fonee
    Quote Originally Posted by phazei View Post
    I had issues and this is the reset their tech support told me to do, it re-inits the phone. You will lose all data on it.

Dial: ##4357*
    Select view
    Scroll down to select reset.
    6 digit code: 000000
    Click Ok
    Should reboot.
    Dial *228

I was also pissed off it didn't have multi-touch

Feedback Score
    My phone sucks. I just got the Sanyo Zio with cricket like a week ago. Now it's telling me that the text message memory is full so I deleted my messages. then when it went to recieve a message it told me again it's full. I can send but not recieve does anyone know a way to fix this? Or why it's doing this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyb232 View Post
    My phone sucks. I just got the Sanyo Zio with cricket like a week ago. Now it's telling me that the text message memory is full so I deleted my messages. then when it went to recieve a message it told me again it's full. I can send but not recieve does anyone know a way to fix this? Or why it's doing this?
    Jeffrey,

You need to go into your setting and change the number of text messages you will allow the system to keep. I had this problem too but I figured it out.

1. Go to Messaging
    2. Go to Menu and then Settings
    3. Go to Text message limit

You can set the limit for your text messages and your multimedia messages. You might also want to set it to delete the old messages when your limits are reached. Hope this helps!

Feedback Score

How to unblock sanyo zio

Hi every one, I'm gonna try to explain how to unblock SANYO ZIO by KYOCERA, its pretty simple, I was reading a lot of options, one of those option says that pressing the VOLUME UP, ANSWER (green key) THE SCROLLING BALL (the one in the middle) and the END CALL BUTTON (red button), well, I'm sorry to say this, but it's not gonna work at all, they have the idea of what to do, but the right way to do it, is: PRESS THE VOLUME DOWN, END CALL BUTTON, AND THE CAMERA BUTTON, NOTE: You must turn off your cell phone!! hold the buttons pressed at same time, until screen displays instructions to RESET CELLPHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS. It's very, very simple. You're gonna find a lot of NO NO NO NO NO NO and then the option RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS. IMPORTANT: You're gonna loose all data on your phone. It worth it. Is a good phone. Hope it works for you. Thanks.!!

Feedback Score
    1-turn off cellphone
    2-Press VOLUME DOWN, END CALL BUTTON, and CAMERA BUTTON at same time.
    3-Wait until screen displays a lot of NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    4-Scroll down and you'll find the option RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS, choose this options and your cell will reboot automatically, you will loose all data.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I work for Cricket and have way too many customers asking how to do this so I found it out and wrote a super easy tutorial for everyone.

Download & Install drivers from here:
    http://www.ziobykyocera.com/download...USB_Driver.zip

then do a google search on the adroid sdk and install it, it should then redirect you before completing install to install the java sdk which you just follow instructions to do ,once you install both sdk's you should be ready for the next step ,this is the only real way to factory restore a cricket zio.
    ----

Install the SDK to C:\android-sdk-windows to make it easier for later.

Open SDK Manager and download the package for 1.6 only, you dont need the others.

Move AdbWinApi.dll from the folder "platform-tools"
    to "tools"

----

To reset the Zio:

1. Connect the phone with USB and Boot into Fastboot on the phone (hold red power button for 3 seconds
    then hold the green send button)

2. Open up command prompt (start > run > cmd)

3. Type in:

cd c:\android-sdk-windows
    cd tools
    fastboot -w

4. Restart phone and your all set

Feedback Score

Factory Reset on the Sanyo Zio M6000

How to hard reset the Sanyo Zio

We show you how to factory reset the Sanyo Zio to clear all data and restore its original settings
    Published on Oct 14, 2010

The Sanyo Zio is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.

Here, we show you how to hard reset the Sanyo Zio with step by step instructions.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the Sanyo Zio as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

First, try this:

1.From the main home screen, tap menu
    2.Tap Settings, then Privacy
    3.Tap Factory data reset
    4.Tap Reset phone
    5.Enter your unlock pattern if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
    All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Sanyo Zio. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiman0473 View Post
    Went to Cricket and they toll me to try your user name and the password null (it's the default password for the pattern lock) ... it worked for me ...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! This worked for me 100% DIDN'T LOSE ANYTHING!!! I was playing with the pattern lock feature, and wanted to see what type of password retrieval system they had in case I forgot the swipe pattern, so I INTENTIONALLY hit the 'I forgot my password' button of doom (I know, stupid, right?).... couldn't get back into my phone forthe LIFE OF ME. SO FRUSTRATING.

Typed in my gmail username, and used the password: null

Phone unlocked and all my info was safe and sound.

Again, THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast