Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boost Daily Unlimited for $2?

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Boost Daily Unlimited for $2?

I was looking to change my plan on my Boost CDMA account and I noticed this option on the 'click for description of plans':

$2 Daily Unlimited links to http://boostmobile.com/dailyunlimited

The link doesn't work and I can't actually change to this plan, but this would be perfect for me as I need a plan that I can switch in and out for and talk unlimited during the day. Does anyone know if I'm just seeing a glitch or this is going live soon?

I noticed this plan also shows on the iDEN side -- same thing, shows on the list when you change plan but actually change to it.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, you can't use it yet. It shouldn't be available until 9/13 from my understanding.

It will be like Cricket's $2/day plan. If you ask me, It will be cool if you only use your phone enough to keep it under $50/mo.

So if you use your phone 18 days a month then you'd only pay $36 for the entire month.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update DT. Do you know if it will be 'only on days you use the phone' or will it be charged every day? I'm thinking its the latter because the other daily plan charges no matter what.. but with OLAM its easy to swap in and out. My usage patterns work very well for something like this -- I might have a real heavy day of phone calls for work, and then nothing for several days.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The $2 day plan is per day used. If you don't use it (call/text) then it won't charge you.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Great. I'll be switching to that plan, since I use Google Voice and can forward my calls to landline or VOIP on days I don't expect a lot of usage. I assume that it should work basically the same way as Cricket's $2/day plan, which I've copy/pasted from Cricket's FAQ:

You WILL be charged for using your phone if you:

* Make a phone call
    * Answer a phone call
    * Send a message (text or pix)
    * Check voicemail
    * Use the mobile web
    * Call 411 directory assistance

There are also things you can do that will not cause your account to be charged for the day.

You WILL NOT be charged for using your phone if you:

* Dial 911
    * Call Customer Care (*611)
    * Try to make a phone call that isn't answered (if you reach voicemail or an answering machine, the call was "answered")
    * Receive a call, but don't answer it or let it go to voicemail
    * Receive a message (text or pix)
    * Check your voicemail from another phone (not your Boost phone)
    * Check your account balance or account expiration date
    * Change your plan
    * Top-up

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The $2 per day would be great for the weekends when I'm at work and I'm on the phone for an hour at a shot and I end up paying out nearly $20 just for the weekend in calls and texts. But on other days, I just use the phone to call dispatch to sign on and off. I'm sure you'll be able to swap the plan back and forth online on certain days when you really need it.

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.608 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Yes that would be a good plan for those who have their phones off or use it heavily on certain days. I wonder if you'll be charged $2 for a day if you receive a text, otherwise you'll have to have your phone off until u know ur gonna drain the bettery talkin and textin. Now if only boost had a tethering plan :-/

Phones
    iPhone
    iPhone 5
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carriers
    AT&T
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I just checked my account online -- and while I cannot (yet) switch to the plan there are some terms and conditions that appear as applicable to the $2 daily plan.

Unless I'm missing something the $2 is charged even on days that you don't use the phone?

If this is the case then this plan looks like just a short term one that you would switch into and then out of on days -- or more likely weekends --- when you knew you'd have high call volume.

Hopefully I'm just mis-interpreting the terms and conditions:

http://www.google.com/buzz/wayne.sch...Hopefully-this

Phones
    iPhone
    iPhone 5
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carriers
    AT&T
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Boost's page is live

http://plans.boostmobile.com/dailyunlimited.aspx

Looks as if this is primarily for youngsters and slow adults who can't do math and figure out that the $50 per month is at least $10 cheaper than what it seems this $2/day ("deducted regardless of usage").

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Um, you don't have to throw $60 into the account and use it all month. If you want the monthly unlimited you'd pay the $50 but lets say your funds are due today and you don't get paid for 3 more days. Well you can goto the $2/day plan and just pay $6 and keep your unlimited services until you get paid, so you can refill your account with $50 for the monthly unlimited.

Phone
    i335
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
    Boost's page is live

http://plans.boostmobile.com/dailyunlimited.aspx

Looks as if this is primarily for youngsters and slow adults who can't do math and figure out that the $50 per month is at least $10 cheaper than what it seems this $2/day ("deducted regardless of usage").
    IF you use your phone 7 days a week for more than 20 minutes a day, this is not for you... BUT if you're on PAYGO because you infrequently use the phone, but know you're going to have a marathon call day on one or two particular days then this is nice to have around... it can save you some money as long as you remember to turn it off and go back to PAYGO. That's not very difficult arithmetic to understand.
    Here's tuit and tuit again, if you don't duit tuit when you get tuit, you'll never get tuit to duit tuit again!

I'm in shape... Round's a shape

Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlheartgtr View Post
    The $2 per day would be great for the weekends when I'm at work and I'm on the phone for an hour at a shot and I end up paying out nearly $20 just for the weekend in calls and texts. But on other days, I just use the phone to call dispatch to sign on and off. I'm sure you'll be able to swap the plan back and forth online on certain days when you really need it.
    Get H2O Wireless for the weekends. $1/day only on days you use it for free nights and weekends. Easier to switch phones than to switch plans. Or use boost iDen $1/day for weekends, but again, you have to switch plans all the time since it charges every day. I keep an H2O SIM just for saturdays and sundays. Another H2O SIM on a larger plan for weekdays, a T-mobile SIM for evenings after 7 for $1, and a Boost CDMA phone for data only.

Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I googled this and it seems that they charge $2 a day every day even if you don't use the phone - similar to the $1 daily chat plan on Boost iDen. So you either need to change your plan all the time or just keep it on the $50/month plan.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, I was originally told it would only charge per day used, but so shows differently now. Anyway, like I said earlier, it will allow you to be able to stay on the PAYGO plan, and for those weekends you want unlimited for $2 ... switch saturday morning to the daily charge and on monday morning switch back over to PAYGO.

Simple solution.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

don't you mean switch back sunday nite to save 2 dollars for monday? do they charge a day 24 hrs after the switch or midnite to midnite? also can the switch to from pay by day to pay as you go be done thru 611 or boostmobile.com?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast