Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TM717 Trouble!!!!!!! ARGHH!!

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile USA - Los Angeles
    Feedback Score

TM717 Trouble!!!!!!! ARGHH!!

Gurus! I recently traveled to Vegas and upon arrival, noticed that my TM717 was acting strange. I was not able to access certain programs on the TM717, I would press the center button, but would give me phone status. When pressing pound key to silent the phone, it goes into Voice Dialing mode, I am unable to access other features. I have turned off, removed battery, left the phone off for hours, and still the problem persists. I am now back home and noticed that PC Suite has a phone repair option. When I try to repair, SE PC Suite does not detect my phone!!!!! I follow the steps (power off, hold "c" and connect usb), but it seems that there is a virus on the phone. Any key that I press either does nothing or does some random act. I dont want to lose any of the tailored settings because I use this guy as my tzones laptop tether internet connection. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    That's strange that your computer will not see the phone when you're trying to go into repair mode.

You may want to do the first 5 steps only of the modification wiki,

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...x_Modification

to see if you can get a2uploader to recognize your phone when you hold the c key down. You can also install the ggsetup.exe drivers described in the wiki to make sure your computer has them.

If a2uploader recognizes your phone, pc suite should also recognize it.

If the repair doesn't work, you may have to use pc suite to completely reinstall the firmware using pc suite. That will wipe the phone out and you'll have to add all of your settings.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    the TM717 is getting worse, it is now displaying May 5th 1999. I am gathering as much documentation, complete format this weekend. So far I have a2uploader, customize.xml, but I cant seem to find the menu file. I also read about a 3rd party app and java file, I would like to add as well, but I cant find it.... wish me luck!
    Here are the steps I am taking:
    1. wipe the device, I think I can use SE PC suite to wipe everything, or try to do a reset from the device itself.
    2. once the device has been wiped, I believe it will default to the TMO settings.
    3. using a2uploader, reinstall the customize.xml.
    am I on the right track?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    when attempting to connect and repair phone thru SE PC suite, it only reads the phone a "mass storage".
    Last edited by MaxMarti; 09-03-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    You need to use sony ericsson update service not pc suite to reload the firmware. If you want to use my mods the necessary files should be linked to in the modifiction wiki. You can use a2uploader to add the files after the firmware is restored.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    successfully installed the firmware, some buttons are still not working properly, it appears an internal problem, will look to get replaced. whatever I do from here on, i will need the modification files. Was able to connect to the SE Phone Repair function, about 30 minutes later, the problem still there.

Can you point me to the file that will allow the 3rd party apps? like pandora, iheartradio and java apps? thanks so much again.
    Last edited by MaxMarti; 09-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMarti View Post

Can you point me to the file that will allow the 3rd party apps? like pandora, iheartradio and java apps? thanks so much again.
    You can try what is described in this post:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...7#post13689847

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was able to get my TM717 working again, and after installing some RSS feeds, the phone will not turn on anymore. I am able to view some files over a2uploader, but I cant access actual files of the TM717. A2uploader stops running at:

ChipID900,EMP protocol:0401

PHONE STATE: "RETAIL"
    FLASH CID: 0053
    OTP LOCKED:1 CID:53 PAF:1 IMEI:CERT:RED
    LDR:2009-04-21 18:20 1207-6251_DB3200_CS_LOADER_APP_SDRAM_R2A081
    LDR CAPS:SYSTEM FLASH GDFS FILESYSTEM TA
    LDR:2009-04-21 18:19 1207-6250_DB3200_CS_LOADER_ACC_SDRAM_R2A081
    LDR CAPS:SYSTEM FLASH SIGNATURE AUTH
    [startFS] can't get NET header
    Elapsed:320 secs.

, it freezes. I cant believe how much trouble I am having with this phone. Any suggestions much appreciated!
    Last edited by MaxMarti; 09-24-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    If the phone won't turn on, the only thing I know to do is to re-install the full firmware using Sony Ericsson Update Service and then restore your updates. (And obviously not the ones that caused the problems.)

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I tried installing the firmware but the program states that the phone already has the newest updates, it will not give me the option to reinstall the firmware, how can I install?

Feedback Score
    I tried installing the firmware but the program states that the phone already has the newest updates, it will not give me the option to reinstall the firmware, how can I install?
    Yes, it looks like Sony Ericsson changed the update service so you can't just reflash the firmware whenever you want. The only thing I know is to pay for a firmware update via Davinci Team or Wotanserver. Or of course you could send the device back if it is still under warranty.

The firmware updates cost about $14 from Davinci or 7 Euros from Wotan. I've never used wotan, but I have used Davinci Team. It will update the firmware and then you should have a fresh phone.

Here are the websites if you want to check them out:

http://davinciteam.us/TM717_en_index.html

http://www.wotanserver.com/en/suppor...17-debranding/

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    jet1000, this is a great link! wow! awesome! thanks so much for providing this, I will let you know what I decide, it looks like its the thing to do even if you dont have any problems with your TM717...... yeah, for some reason, SE is not allowing the firmware, I think this changed about 2 weeks ago.....

Feedback Score
    jet1000, this is a great link! wow! awesome! thanks so much for providing this,
    As far as I know, for the TM717, the only thing these two sites provide are to put a firmware on the phone. There's the original firmware from T-mobile. And then there's one called Service Exchange Unit which nobody has posted that they've tried yet. There are other things the sites may say they do (such as debranding) but really, for the TM717, they're only doing what I described above.

But like I said, I have used davinci team to replace the firmware (when the SE site wouldn't) so that I could get a phone to power back on.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My 717's bluetooth is well,not sure if it is, acting up not connecting to anything I want it to. It just couldn't find it. From my new Dell laptop with bluetooth to my hearing aids Copalm Pilot thingy that is bluetooth equipped. Now i just need to test it in the car to see if it would connect. If it does, then it's not the phone.
    My Dell's bluetooth is 4.0 or something like that.

Feedback Score
    I know the phone has an older version of Bluetooth that won't connect to some modern devices. Are you able to see the name of the other device on the phone when you have it searching for bluetooth devices. If you are and it just won't pair, chances are its not compatible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast