Thread: Low memory (when I still have plenty left) and rejected text messages

Feedback Score

Low memory (when I still have plenty left) and rejected text messages

I keep getting a low message warning when I still have 18mb of memory left.

And during this I keep getting text messages rejected saying my memory is full.

I have auto clear text messages turned on and my phone has the latest version of android installed.

How do I fix this?

Phones
    HTC One X
    HTC One X
    Fujitsu Arrows Z ISW11F
    Carriers
    AU by KDDI
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Uninstall some apps, or move a few to the SD card (MoveToSd from the market will help you quickly identify apps that can be moved). Once you go above 20MB, you'll be fine.

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bet your browser has heavy windows open, either one heavy site or many tabs open. Close them all and see if that fixes the problem.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Phones
    Nexus One & iPhone 4
    HTC Magic, iPhone 3G
    e61i, 5800, N95-4, 6620
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Is your phone rooted? If it is, see if you can move the Dalvik-cache file into /cache. The /cache directory is used for over-the-air updates, but since your bootloader is unlocked, you can't use it anyway--so it's space that you can recover.

Many ROMs either do this automatically (e.g., CM6) or provide the option in the spare parts app (e.g., Enomther's THEOFFICIAL)

That must have increased my internal storage from 30 MB to around 100 MB.

Otherwise, @patrixi and @RogerPodacter's suggestions are worthwhile.

Feedback Score
    No, my phone isn't rooted. It is the standard latest Froyo for the Nexus One. Every time the system goes below 20MB available ram i get the low memory warning...and all incoming text messages are refused.
    I'll have 19MBleft and the texts will be blocked.

This is crap. And I like all the apps I have and dont want to uninstall any. All the ones that can be moved to the SD card have been.

Is this just a stupid limit/warning placed by google? If so then F them...this is retarded.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I have gotten the same memory message lately. It's annoying. I have un-installed a few apps, and it still comes back.

The bad thing is that, not all apps can be moved to the memory card. Why don't they allow the message to get resent, when memory becomes available.

When I check my memory it shows:

Other: 46MB in 3

Avail: 228MB + 62MB in 10

What does the 46MB in 3 mean? Also, what does the 228MB + 62MB in 10 mean? why didn't they just add the 228 + 62?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_311 View Post
    I keep getting a low message warning when I still have 18mb of memory left.

And during this I keep getting text messages rejected saying my memory is full.

I have auto clear text messages turned on and my phone has the latest version of android installed.

How do I fix this?
    I had this problem before, run some antivirus and the problem went away

Phones
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    iPod Touch 64gb, Droid Eris (reserve)
    Blackberry Tour (sold), Nokia N85, Nokia 5530, MyTouch 3G (reserve)
    Carriers
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Happened on my Droid Incredible, even with 645mb left, so it got me stiffled. I still don't know the cause. I decided to do a complete phone flush---hardware reset to a blank state, relogged into my Google account, then reinstalled my apps again. Fixed it. Didn't occur again, until a week later.

What I did was flush the caches of Contacts, which had greatly swelled like a cancerous organ, plus some apps, particularly browsers and Twitter apps like Seesmic and Twitter for Android. Then it went away. I continued to add more apps since then. I also reduced the number of stuff syncing into my Contacts. Some Twitter apps like the afforementioned, can trim down their footprint by attending to them and press the Refresh button. That way, all the old stuff in the streams that's been building up gets washed away and you get a fresh stream.

Make sure you don't have multiple syncs of Twitter, Facebook into your Contacts.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.