Thread: which plan to save long distance charges if moving from vancouver to kelowna

Feedback Score

which plan to save long distance charges if moving from vancouver to kelowna

Hi:
    I will be moving from Vancouver to Kelowna. If I add the Canadian Long distance Add on option at fido ($20/month), can I keep the area code 604 instead of 250? What is the best way to save long distance charges from calling my friends in Vancouver or receiving calls from them? Right now I am on a Fido plan and my contract has already expired. I could switch to other carrier if necessary.
    Any suggestion or help will be appreciated!

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Do you have the expanded network included in your current plan? Kelowna is located in expanded network. What is the message do you get if you dial *#123# and send/call?

Keep in Mind, the $20 unlimited cdn LD option will not work in Kelowna unless you have the expanded network included in your plan. If you don't have it included, then you can switch to another plan that includes it or you can add $5 expanded network option to your existing plan.

If you have zone based plan like a cityfido, then $5 expanded network option is not compatible with your plan.
    So what is your current plan and when did you get it?

Feedback Score
    I am sorry i didn't have time to check your posting .... finally I'm settled and got internet set up. However, I am paying the price right now. My fido bill come up to more than $260 because of the expanded network charges and long distance charges.
    I think My plan started in 2008. by sending *#123#, I got the mesage saying "on the Fido network - within your zone".
    Can you suggest a plan that I can use or good for me? Right now, I have 100/1000 E/WE + Unlimited incoming + 2500 text mesage + CID. My contract expired a while time ago and I am really paying a lot more than I should be.