Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: How fast is Virgin Mobile USA 3G's speed?

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

How fast is Virgin Mobile USA 3G's speed?

Hi VM users, can somebody do a speedtest and post the result so i can c how fast it is?

Phone
    BlackBerry 10, Android,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AIO
    Feedback Score

Phone
    BlackBerry 10, Android,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AIO
    Feedback Score
    THis is tethering a LG Lotus Rev-0 phone (slower phone) Same time and signal strength as VM

Phone
    Intercept, VM MiFi, i776, LG 300, Incognito, v710
    Carriers
    Boost(iDEN/CDMA)
    Feedback Score

With all that is currently going on with VM, it's hard to say. Plus, it seems to depend on what time of the day you are using it. Most of the time, it's usually running something similar to the .65Mb/s down and .35Mb/s up that was posted. If it is running real good, like way after hours, I will usually get around 1.1Mb/s down and .5Mb/s up. I just posted what I'm getting right now in the afternoon. Just to get this, I had to try it several times due to the problems that are now occuring on VM. Lately, images are being stripped off and I only get text and it's not being formatted properly. Trying to do the speed test, I just got and error telling me I didn't have Adobe Flash which isn't correct. I've also been getting an error message stating an invalid license key trying to run the speed test. With all the timeouts and having to click links multiple times for them to work is getting very frustrating. Since I'm not a new VM broadband user, I'm just hoping these problems are not going to be what I can expect in the future.

Phone
    Nokia_Lumia_520, Apple_iPad_Air
    Carrier
    AT&T_GP, VZW_Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The speeds are not what they were a couple of weeks ago. After contacting customer service they have indicated that there is some network upgrade that they are implementing. I will verify with Sprint and post their answer later today. These new speeds are definitely not what people expect when obtaining a broadband device.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Phone
    BlackBerry 10, Android,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AIO
    Feedback Score

This is the best its been today so far. Not really usable at all.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    None of the speedtests would be truly accurate while the network is being upgraded. Some of my friends with sprint were also complaining how slow the internet was and how it kept going in and out.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Any way its much faster and CHEAPER than metro.. I have metro right now w my Droid 1 and I only get 13.9 Kb/s down and 20 Kb/s up.. thats tooooooo little/slow.. its ok for fb and webpage but when it comes to videos and flash staff it hangs.. doesn't work.. hopefully that wont happen with VM..

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wam View Post

This is the best its been today so far. Not really usable at all.
    How do you get slower upload than download? That I have not ever seen before. I had actually thought about getting VM Broadband for a back-up option, but with the dial-up like speeds I won't bother (I subscribe to the Juno e-mail suite and have ten hours of dial-up available to me every month anyway).

Phone
    BlackBerry 10, Android,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AIO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127 View Post
    How do you get slower upload than download? That I have not ever seen before. I had actually thought about getting VM Broadband for a back-up option, but with the dial-up like speeds I won't bother (I subscribe to the Juno e-mail suite and have ten hours of dial-up available to me every month anyway).
    Im not sure. I even have a strong signal. I really wish i could get my $40 back i spent on the service but they said they could not. I was on hold with VM for almost a hour today. All they told me is that they are working on the issue and it may be 48+ hours before it MAY be fixed.

IM sure it will not even be fixed in 2 weeks or more. IMHO. IM not a happy camper. HoFo will not even load anymore on the VM service. Ima tethering again! LOL

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    At 11:15pm Pacific it seems somewhat usable, but still pretty pathetic. I did actually manage to run a speed test. Maybe there's not much load now.

Earlier today, I couldn't even bring up the speedtest.net site.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Ok.. I know im going out of topic now but. Now that I know VM is faster than metro. Can anyone tell me like the setting to Fash my D1 to VM.. I would need the proxy since it seems it also uses a proxy like metro. Any ideas or links to flash my D1 to VM?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T_GP, VZW_Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpv190 View Post
    Ok.. I know im going out of topic now but. Now that I know VM is faster than metro. Can anyone tell me like the setting to Fash my D1 to VM.. I would need the proxy since it seems it also uses a proxy like metro. Any ideas or links to flash my D1 to VM?
    You are right, it is off topic...
    FYI...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-New-read-this!
    Q: Is it possible to use a non-Virgin Mobile branded phone on VM?

A: Basically, no. To do so would require illegal methods that we do not allow discussion of here at Hofo. So, in that case, VM only allows VM branded phones.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    @vmobi: thanks.. Yeah I know.. It sucks that I cant use my D1 w VM.. so, i had to buy a bb 8530.. its not bad.. but is not better than D1... Hopefully soon I will figure out how to do it and.. FYI: Recently the US court allow the cracking of phones only AND for only personal use.. So its not illigal anymore to crack a phone, like an iphone w/o 2 yr contract IF only IF! its for personal, not commercial use... Hehehe.. good right?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T_GP, VZW_Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Problems gone.... Great reception, fantastic speeds, and no connectivity issues. Rev. A is back to normal today.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast