Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HTC Droid Incredible update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Build 3.21.605.1

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Got mine last night. Not aware of any issues yet.
    1000th Post on March 27th, 2007 @ 11:09PM.
    2000th Post on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:05PM.
    3000th Post on Sept. 17th 2009 @ 8:20AM.

NOOB PHOTO BLOG

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

MY HOFO FEEDBACK

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Double posted, sorry.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon View Post
    mine keeps being aborted and it fails i follow the directions to a tee???? whats wrong????
    The OTA or the manual? If doing it manual, you have to make sure the file is named "update" and has the .zip file extension, and place it on the main root directory of the memory card. I was able to use it on an Incredible and it updated just fine.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With the update, ALL Facebook friend's Birthdays get placed in the phone's calendar and there seems to be NO way to delete them. When clicking "Edit" on a normally entered event, there is an option to "Delete", when clicking edit on one of the Birthday events, there is NO option for "Delete". So I am going to have to restore the phone to factory default and not sync with Facebook? I suspect it is a "Sense" thing and not and "Android" thing.
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try

Carrier(s)
    VZW - 5 line FSP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    The OTA or the manual? If doing it manual, you have to make sure the file is named "update" and has the .zip file extension, and place it on the main root directory of the memory card. I was able to use it on an Incredible and it updated just fine.
    Good point.

@mbaverizon: Also make sure you've downloaded the entire file (the filesize (in Windows) should be 95,198KB). Even a partial download will present an OK looking, but invalid, ZIP file. Try opening your current ZIP in on your computer, if it fails, try the download again.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by f_r_e_d-T View Post
    With the update, ALL Facebook friend's Birthdays get placed in the phone's calendar and there seems to be NO way to delete them. When clicking "Edit" on a normally entered event, there is an option to "Delete", when clicking edit on one of the Birthday events, there is NO option for "Delete". So I am going to have to restore the phone to factory default and not sync with Facebook? I suspect it is a "Sense" thing and not and "Android" thing.

If you go into the Calendar/menu/more/Calendars uncheck Facebook and you will no longer have the facebook calendar sync.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am really glad that Bluetooth voice dialing is working finally, one of only things I really missed when switching to android was no ability to Voice Dial from my bluetooth headset now it works!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is anyone using the hotspot feature? It doesn't work nearly as well as it did on my Palm. I don't think this phone pulls a very good signal.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Spectacular, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEvn View Post
    I am really glad that Bluetooth voice dialing is working finally, one of only things I really missed when switching to android was no ability to Voice Dial from my bluetooth headset now it works!

Feedback Score
    Has anyone found a way to turn off it from saying droid during startup?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No but love the new startup animation. Or maybe it was already that way. I only had the phone 2 days prior to getting the update.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Got my update last night. Really diggin it.

Feedback Score
    I received the update notification yesterday morning and updated. Since then I have had several issues.

First, its slower than all hell. I can now text faster than the phone can register my keypad touches and can exponentially get it to go slower and slower by typing fast lol

Second, im having random network issues. Now all of a sudden my network with disconnect, and when applications are requesting access/launching, its not reinitiating the data network or wifi. Seems like I usually have to reboot it.

Something that i've never been able to figure out is how to delete a 'mail' account. I made the mistake of making both a gmail and duplicating it with a 'mail' account. Now I get a double notification and have to clear both before it takes away the notification. I've gone through what I thought was every possible menu in settings and mail and cant find it = /

How can I get this sob back to normal???

Also did they finally fix the issue where sometimes if you didnt like the auto-correct word, if you hit the backspace button to make a correction, it auto moves the entire word one place back so that it becomes merged with the prior word in your text? Thats a weird and annoying one.

How do I fix this thing? This new update blows hard.

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Drooooiiiidddd

I installed the update by using the RUU. My phone said droid the first time after the update.... but hasn't said it again. Is there something wrong or should it be a blessing? Also i notice lots of choppyness while using the phone now.. and i know you arent suppose to need ATK but there are like 15 programs i don't want that start when the phone starts.... ?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCrane View Post
    I installed the update by using the RUU. My phone said droid the first time after the update.... but hasn't said it again. Is there something wrong or should it be a blessing? Also i notice lots of choppyness while using the phone now.. and i know you arent suppose to need ATK but there are like 15 programs i don't want that start when the phone starts.... ?
    Where is the file to go back to the original software version.
    Phones: RAZR MAXX / Bionic / HTC TBolt / HTC DInc / BB Tour / BB Storm / BB Curve / Voyager / Env Orange / V3m / E815

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast